normiss

Most admired man

kallend

***For the ELEVENTH YEAR IN A ROW

Something Trump will, more than likely, NEVER achieve.
:D:D:D

Hillary's record of 17 years comes to an end.

Well deserved, but I really admire Jimmy Carter for what he's done since leaving office.

Jimmy Carter did far, far better as an 'Ex-President' than he did as President.

Truly a decent human being.

Perhaps his decency was his biggest fault/liability. He didn't seem to understand how truly evil some people are.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

******For the ELEVENTH YEAR IN A ROW

Well deserved, but I really admire Jimmy Carter for what he's done since leaving office.

Perhaps his decency was his biggest fault/liability. He didn't seem to understand how truly evil some people are.

Events overtook President Carter. The Iran hostage situation. Imagine if US special forces had the training, knowledge and equipment then, that they do today. A successful mission would all have been credited to Mr. Carter.

The 1979 oil crisis was not his fault, today's fracking and US export situation would have obliterated that crisis completely.

Those were events forced upon his presidency. As compared to the unending scandals of trump. All of his own creation.

Hmm. I think Michelle Obama is an impressive woman, and I have nothing against Melania Trump personally, but frankly it's a sad indictment of 'modern' society that of the top 5 women, 2 are there primarily because of who their husbands are and 1 because she's survived a long time in a position she was born into.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Hmm. I think Michelle Obama is an impressive woman, and I have nothing against Melania Trump personally, but frankly it's a sad indictment of 'modern' society that of the top 5 women, 2 are there primarily because of who their husbands are and 1 because she's survived a long time in a position she was born into.

How about these women!

The Resistance Won't Win Back Arizona's Senate Seat
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/10/kyrsten-sinema-betting-centrism-win-back-arizona/574003/

She beat Rep. Martha McSally, former state Sen. Kelli Ward, and former Sheriff Joe Arpaio. The onetime anti-war protester,Sen. Kyrsten Sinema took Her Oath of Office on a Lawbook, Not the Bible.

Today, however, Sinema portrays herself in the mold of John McCain, whose recent funeral was a lament to the death of statesmanship, or Jeff Flake, the retiring Arizona senator who publicly fretted over the divisiveness of Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court. “What’s wrong with Washington, D.C., is that people have chosen to take partisan positions rather than just doing what’s right for their community and for their state and for their country,” she told a group of supporters in Yuma. “We should be electing responsible people who are willing to engage in a bipartisan relationship, regardless of the issue.”

or:

Lauren Underwood becomes youngest ever black woman sworn in to Congress
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/423769-lauren-underwood-becomes-youngest-ever-black-woman-sworn-in-to-congress

"Rep. Lauren Underwood (D-Ill.) has become the youngest ever black woman to be sworn in to the House of Representatives.

The 32-year-old registered nurse took the oath of office in the House chamber on Thursday afternoon.

Underwood’s career in politics first began in 2014 as a policy professional in the Obama administration, shortly after earning two master’s degrees from Johns Hopkins University, according to The Chicago Tribune."

and for when the republican party awakens from its stupor:

The GOP's Best Candidates Aren't the Loudest Ones
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/republican-rising-stars/551657/

Yeah, America will be fine when trump gets the boot and his followers wake up.

Phil1111

*********For the ELEVENTH YEAR IN A ROW

Mishandling of Events overtook President Carter. The Iran hostage situation. Imagine if US special forces had the training, knowledge and equipment then, that they do today. A successful mission would all have been credited to Mr. Carter.

The 1979 oil crisis was not his fault, today's fracking and US export situation would have obliterated that crisis completely.

Those were events forced upon his presidency. As compared to the unending scandals of trump. All of his own creation.

FIFY ;):)[/;)]
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

IKR, he had a terrible helicopter design for desert ops, his training of military special forces was laughable, he clearly had no idea how to deal with terrorists yet everyone else on the planet knew how, and his oil crisis skills were non-existent! Totally mismanaged by this singular human.
:|

Carter was a micro-manager. That's why things fell apart for him. He loved processes and felt that when the process is right the outcome will be right. DC doesn't work that way.

Still, my biggest problem with him isn't what he did (or didn't do) as POTUS, it's him shooting off his mouth after leaving. He involved himself in things that he shouldn't have. He got away with things that would have been labeled as treasonous 40 years earlier.

Always amazed at how many try to pick up that turd by the clean end.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Carter was a micro-manager.

From what I've read, that was half the problem; The other half was that he had never served in DC, and didn't know how things worked there. When he appointed people, he chose from people he knew, which of course were from Georgia. The end result was an alienation of the DC powers-that-be who resented the intrusion of the "Georgia Mafia".
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

SkyDekker

He got away with things that would have been labeled as treasonous 40 years earlier.

Like asking for an enemy foreign power to interfere in a domestic election?

So you're saying Carter = Trump...if you must.

Destinations by Roxanne

jakee

"Behind every great man, is a great woman"

I think I read somewhere that Michelle was actually Obama's mentor at the law firm where they worked, and that Hillary actually approached Bill first.

Anyway, I get what you're saying, but we really shouldn't be surprised that our "modern" society hasn't lived up to all the hype. People can talk online all they want about empowering women, but social media is no challenge for the natural processes that have dictated our social structure - and for the most part it actually has very little to do with misogyny, gender inequality, or any other type of discrimination. It's evolution, baby. It's how we're designed. It's what works.

The height of opportunity for women today is great, and tho many women may admire that, it's not a lifestyle they're interested in pursuing. Most are happy with a traditional lifestyle. They don't mind living a modest life, taking care of two wonderful kids and a loving husband that appreciates her for everything she does. She doesn't see herself in competition with "the man's world" or her husband's paycheck. Businesses market to her because in most cases, she controls how that paycheck is spent. She doesn't worry about a bruised ego. She's better than that. She's crafty, confident and powerful, and she's raising our future. She's Perfect.

Now that's something I can admire.

And some women change, just as some men change. If men sometimes want to divorce, or have affairs, or change jobs because a formerly nice boss has turned into an alcoholic jerk, well, women can, too. Not always right, not always wrong.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Most are happy with a traditional lifestyle. They don't mind living a modest life, taking
>care of two wonderful kids and a loving husband . . .She's Perfect.

Actually most US women are in the work force (74%) - and they are happy with that. They are even more "perfect."

>People can talk online all they want about empowering women, but social media is no
>challenge for the natural processes that have dictated our social structure - and for the
>most part it actually has very little to do with misogyny, gender inequality, or any other
>type of discrimination. It's evolution, baby. It's how we're designed. It's what works.

Given that many civilizations have been matriarchies - that's also what works.

So what should we do? Give women the same choices that men have. Treat them like equals, in other words, instead of slightly-defective people that fill fixed biological roles.

A Republican man is missing. He is a leader, mature, honesty is his very existence. He doesn't seek fame or fortune, but instead toils in the back room working for the American state.

He is loyal to his party, the state, his family and to the constitution.

Soon he will speak and reform the republican party.

His name is Mueller.