rushmc

I will bet that many of the anti trumper's posted these stories early and never retracted their comments

In a similar vein, when it was reported that Trump had told some 7 year old on the NORAD Santa line that her belief in Santa at 7 was "marginal" (which got twisted and blown way out of proportion), it was also reported that Trump canceled his Florida Christmas plans and was staying at the white house due to the shutdown but he had continued the tradition of wishing military a merry Christmas, via video call. People were calling him a grinch and saying he should do one better and visit troops in person. Lo and behold, it was later revealed that he DID secretly visit troops in Iraq. Of course there was no retraction or acknowledgement of this by those who had hours earlier criticized his holiday plans. I dont exactly like or agree with the man, but that was one moment I was proud of our president for doing the right thing.
Max Peck
What's the point of having top secret code names, fellas, if we ain't gonna use 'em?

AtrusBatleth

Lo and behold, it was later revealed that he DID secretly visit troops in Iraq. Of course there was no retraction or acknowledgement of this by those who had hours earlier criticized his holiday plans. I dont exactly like or agree with the man, but that was one moment I was proud of our president for doing the right thing.

Of course he did then post the faces of deployed Special Forces soldiers on Twitter, and cause the Iraqi parliament to call for the expulsion of all US forces from the country because he'd also kept his visit secret from them.

So, y'know, swings and roundabouts, eh?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rushmc

Sounds like the mainstream police forces investigated many of them, figured out what really was happening, and the mainstream media reported it.

It is unfortunate that sometimes people lie and try to deceive other people. Even a president may do that, a dozen plus times a day.

But yes it is annoying that the nature of the media, social media, and web based 24 hr news reporting is that things can blow up so quickly before there's time for more investigation & analysis.

jakee

That's the first I've seen of most of those stories. Are you going to retract this thread?

Like trump, Marc believes any straw will save him. As conviction after admission is accepted by the courts. Distraction becomes the goal.

"John Barron" (or "John Baron"), "John Miller" and "David Dennison",... Trump's father Fred Trump had used the pseudonym Mr. Green in business dealings."

Just as he learned from his crooked father. A new, false, distracting narrative will distract the masses. Just as a teaspoon of pablum distracts a baby from crying.

Instead of addressing hard years behind prison bars. Admissions of felonies. Marc, Breitbart, trump, etc. use stories of mischief and petty crimes. Committed by the mentally challenged. As prima facie that all these admissions in court are irrelevant to their cult leader.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudonyms_of_Donald_Trump