RonD1120

Gang Recruitment

Especially in the countries where he makes them starve to death, be slaughtered by militants, forced into slave labor. Miserable poverty till an early death.
Such a dick god is.
Unless you're a white American, those are his favorite.

Hi Ron,

Look in mirror - Jerry Baumchen

IMO you have totally lost it; finally.

I have never advocated for an open border. In fact, I am for greater restrictions on who can come into this country.

And, I am 100% opposed to the idiot's 'wall.'

You lost all credibility with me a long time ago; this post of yours just re-inforces it.

Jerry Baumchen

RonD1120

Still does not justify an open border.

Can you point me to someone who is calling for open borders?

Look in mirror
billvon
normiss
jakee
skydekker
wolfriverjoe
riggerbob
Jerry Baumchen
Nancy Pelosi
Chuck Schummer

My apologies to those I overlooked.

When you can't win the argument, trot out the Straw Man:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The Holy Spirit usually guides those who are in a relationship with Jesus Christ to grow in the pot in which they are planted

Then why move to Georgia?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

Still does not justify an open border.

Can you point me to someone who is calling for open borders?

Look in mirror
billvon
normiss
jakee
skydekker
wolfriverjoe
riggerbob
Jerry Baumchen
Nancy Pelosi
Chuck Schummer

My apologies to those I overlooked.

Another load of bullshit.

Not being in favour of building a wall across the entire border because it is not effective is not the same as advocating for open borders. Your premise is laughable.

Yup.
Total horse hockey.
I've never even said those words, much less support it in any way what so ever.
What we have in place is working better than ever.
No need to throw money away for zero results.

Funny the continued push to use lies and fear.

But the culture the US has now is a melting pot of a hundred different cultures. Every time a new flavor has been added there has been resistance - you can go back to Ben Franklin's time when he was ranting about the swarthy, stupid Germans, and how they wanted to Germanize the American colonies, rather than them letting the colonies Anglify them. And today we have hamburgers and Budweiser and frankfurters and kindergarten. If you told Ben Franklin that that would happen someday he'd have a heart attack - but today we think nothing is more American than Budweiser and hot dogs.

Yes, but you are still describing a melting pot of cultures from the same cultural landscape, Europe had been peacefully and violently exchanging culture for more than a 1000 years at that point. Hell, English aristocracy spoke french for a few hundred years.

I would argue, there is not much a difference between western European cultures of the era. Everybody grew up in the judeo-christian tradition and where influenced by the enlightenment thinkers. Adopting Czech beer and German sausages is not really that big of a leap.

People mutilating their daughters genitals, arranged marriages, groping woman on open streets, attacking jews in broad daylight, these are the things that bother people, not if somebody eats humus over french fries.

There is a concept in Germany called "Multi-Kulti" which means, that different cultures should live side by side without too much adaption, this was tried in Germany for about 30-40 years starting with the Turkish guest workers in the 60-70s. This was declared an abject failure by Angela Merkel in 2010 and leads to people here that learn German in Primary school after their families have been here for 2 generations.

Also ask the native Americans about how their culture was "melted" into what America is today.

At the same time, we didn't adopt eugenics from Germany. (To be more accurate, we stopped progress on that front when we saw where it could lead.) We pick and choose.

That's true, also Germany took quite a few pointers from the US at the time.

You asked for an example where diversity was increased very quickly and against the wishes of a lot of the native population. Allowing blacks to marry whites was an example of increased diversity in US culture (mixed-race families were definitely a very small and unaccepted phenomenon in the US at the time) and it was opposed very strongly by the populace.

Ok I concede that point. This is only true, though if define diversity through skin color. Culturally both whites and blacks are Americans. So hardly any cultural exchange was made.

I agree that the majority is not always on the right side of history. We should learn from that, and have a little more tolerance of new ideas, new cultures and new (and more diverse) world views. IMO of course.

New Ideas must be very thoroughly vetted. The world is at a point where we know of every culture on earth, we also have a pretty good understanding of what life is like in those cultures and can make informed decisions. I would also challenge you show a new idea which has not been discussed ad nauseam.

The excesses of the 20th century have shown what can happen if new ideas are implemented too quickly without scrutiny.

The modern western world has a very successful way of doing things, and has increased quality of life for almost everybody on earth. We shouldn't be to quick to change that.

gowlerk

The Holy Spirit usually guides those who are in a relationship with Jesus Christ to grow in the pot in which they are planted.

That hardly explains the Mayflower Ron. But you did not really answer my question. What would you do to save YOUR family?

As in all decisions, pray and seek direction from the Holy Spirit through Christ. Sometimes He says stay and sometimes He says go.

Right now I am preparing for the worst case scenario along with the extended members of my family and my immediate friends. When it comes down to wire...I will pray for direction again.

As far as the folks on the Mayflower, God desired this country to be established. And so it was.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

gowlerk

Does that mean you think anything that is not a wall is an open border?

In the present state of political and social conflict, yes. No one is offering anything else.

It is build it or maintain the status quo.

We have to do something or lose our country.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

billvon

>Look in mirror
>billvon

I'm not calling for open borders. Never have.

Is this how you justify your positions? With lies about other people's positions? What's wrong with honesty?

See post #85.

wmw999

The Holy Spirit usually guides those who are in a relationship with Jesus Christ to grow in the pot in which they are planted

Then why move to Georgia?

Wendy P.

Our growth in FL was completed and He guided us to another area for growth. My wife and I came legally and adopted the laws along with the customs, folkways, and some of the traditions. We have expanded our ministry.

ibx

People mutilating their daughters genitals, arranged marriages, groping woman on open streets, attacking jews in broad daylight, these are the things that bother people, not if somebody eats humus over french fries.

The modern western world has a very successful way of doing things, and has increased quality of life for almost everybody on earth. We shouldn't be to quick to change that.

"Our member Pharos has undertaken a research about the existende of FGM in Siria, 'Female genital mutilation in Syria? An inquiry into the existence of FGM in Syria'.

Syria is not listed by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a country in which FGM has been documented as a traditional practice. With a growing number of Syrian nationals seeking asylum in the Netherlands, the question arose whether or not FGM is prevalent in (parts of) Syria. This was also due to a message spread by the UN that ISIS was ordering FGM on women living in the so-called caliphate. The intended outcome for this study was to explore the possible existence of FGM in the Syrian context.

The research activities did not lead to substantiated information that FGM is a traditional practice in Syria"
http://www.endfgm.eu/resources/studies/female-genital-mutilation-in-syria/

Immigrants are not typically attacking Jews in Germany. Right wing extremists are. Immigrants generally are not far right. Certainly anti-immigration Germans frequently use the arguments. Like other anti-immigrant right wingers. That they only emigrate to live off western social programs.

"Interior Minister Horst Seehofer said that 1,504 anti-Semitic offences were reported in 2017, up from 1,468 in 2016, though he said there had been fewer attacks on hostels housing refugees.

"It is not surprising that the so-called 'imported anti-Semitic crimes' are rising - even if at a lower level. But I want to make clear that almost 95 percent of anti-Semitic crimes in 2017 had a right-wing motive," said Mr Seehofer."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/08/anti-semitic-crimes-increase-germany/

You may have a case for immigrants causing a increase in crime.

Reality Check: Are migrants driving crime in Germany?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45419466

Without sidetracking debate too much. Germany's crime rate increased after reunification. Was there much suggestion that East-Germans are criminally inclined?

How the fall of the Berlin Wall may have raised a generation of criminals
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/9969436/How-the-fall-of-the-Berlin-Wall-may-have-raised-a-generation-of-criminals.html

Social and economic upheaval has always tended to push people with poor coping skills and morals. Into crime. Right Ron?

gowlerk

Don't sneak into the barrio and get welfare then deal crack, meth, and opiates.

That's not what they do Ron. They keep their head down, work hard, and try to send support to their families. They probably were told by God that that's what they needed to do. What would you do if your family was in a bad place and the Holy Spirit told you that you could do something to help?

That's what a lot of people don't get, that these people really don't want to risk getting shipped back after literally risking their lives to get here and at great personal and many times family expense. Yes, there are always some who do illegal things.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

billvon

>In the present state of political and social conflict, yes. No one is offering anything else.

Redefining words to try to smear other people is a dishonest and sleazy tactic.

You lost me there, explain please.

RonD1120

***>In the present state of political and social conflict, yes. No one is offering anything else.

Please show where the 'present state' is open borders or unlimited immigration. It's not.

Please show where anyone is advocating that. They aren't.

Claiming that the people you listed a few posts back advocate it is simply untrue. Maybe you believe it, maybe you know its a lie. Either way, its false. Dishonest.

Immigration today is more restricted than any time in our history.

Despite what the hateful, bigoted xenophobes tell you, the border is actually pretty secure. No border is 100% impenetrable, and the Mango Mussolini's wall wouldn't make it so.

Despite those same sources claiming that illegals are coming here, immediately receiving welfare and other government benefits and at the same time joining gangs and selling drugs, that isn't what's really happening.

The wall is just a huge distraction. A big example of his simple-mindedness and bull-headedness.

The entire campaign promise was idiotic. The way he wound the crowds up, feeding the crowd's hatred with his own was frightening. The way he used the crowds to stroke his ego was disgusting.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Ron-

How many miles is the US border with Mexico?

How many of those miles already have a fence/wall/barrier?

How many miles of fence/wall/barrier will 5.7 billion buy?

Where will it be built?

How many illegal immigrants will those new miles of fence/barrier/wall stop?

How many of the 3000+ “suspected terrorists” apprehended in 2018 would 5.7 billion worth of fence/wall/barrier stop?

Bonus round; Which former US president(s) told Trump they supported his wall building efforts?

Derek V

wolfriverjoe

******>In the present state of political and social conflict, yes. No one is offering anything else.

Please show where the 'present state' is open borders or unlimited immigration. It's not.

Please show where anyone is advocating that. They aren't.

Claiming that the people you listed a few posts back advocate it is simply untrue. Maybe you believe it, maybe you know its a lie. Either way, its false. Dishonest.

Immigration today is more restricted than any time in our history.

Despite what the hateful, bigoted xenophobes tell you, the border is actually pretty secure. No border is 100% impenetrable, and the Mango Mussolini's wall wouldn't make it so.

Despite those same sources claiming that illegals are coming here, immediately receiving welfare and other government benefits and at the same time joining gangs and selling drugs, that isn't what's really happening.

The wall is just a huge distraction. A big example of his simple-mindedness and bull-headedness.

The entire campaign promise was idiotic. The way he wound the crowds up, feeding the crowd's hatred with his own was frightening. The way he used the crowds to stroke his ego was disgusting.

Again I state that no one is advocating anything different than the status quo. All that is stated is that building the wall is idiotic. Status quo is not working.

What is the competing plan?

Status quo is not working.

It actually pretty much is working. And border security is getting better all the time. You only feel it is not working because your emotions have been whipped up. I know emotions are important, but they do not equal truth.

The border wall thing is something Trump has trapped himself into needing. Like I told you earlier, the other side also has strong emotions about the concept of a wall. They are the majority of Americans and they will not stand for anything that they perceive is a wall. Most likely Trump will have to give in.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

All that is stated is that building the wall is idiotic. Status quo is not working.

Why not. Illegal crossings along your southern border are down significantly. No terrorist has come across in quite a few years.

What exactly isn't working? At what point would you consider it working? People still moved from East to West Berlin illegally.

>You lost me there, explain please.

Open borders means allowing anyone to pass freely across US borders, with no controls or restrictions. That is the definition of the term. No one here supports that.

Imagine if someone defined you as an abortion advocate because you are OK with young children dying after being separated from their parents by DHS. Would you think "wow, I really do support abortion after all?" Or would you think they were just using a dishonest tactic to win an argument?

>Again I state that no one is advocating anything different than the status quo.

Then you have not been reading anyone's posts here, and are instead being told what to believe by your right wing news sources.

What I want to know is; "Why was it right when the Democrats were calling for more restrictions on illegal aliens (including physical barriers), but now that the right is emulating the same discussion, but with more action than words - It's evil?"

Schumer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdAyn89hFIo

Schumer, Feinstein & Obama - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijLJSTGA3hs

HRC - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1uc47j1Q4
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

"Our member Pharos has undertaken a research about the existende of FGM in Siria, 'Female genital mutilation in Syria? An inquiry into the existence of FGM in Syria'.

~40% of the so called refugees are not from Syria but from all over northern Africa and the middle east.

https://www.proasyl.de/thema/fakten-zahlen-argumente/

These are the numbers from pro-asyl a very pro immigration organisation. You don't need German to understand the graph.

That is one the biggest problems in the current debate. There is no differentiation between legitimate war refugees and economic migrants.

Immigrants are not typically attacking Jews in Germany. Right wing extremists are. Immigrants generally are not far right. Certainly anti-immigration Germans frequently use the arguments. Like other anti-immigrant right wingers. That they only emigrate to live off western social programs.

Do you speak German? I can't find english sources to backup my claims atm. Plenty of German ones though just check sueddeutsche for example.

Reality Check: Are migrants driving crime in Germany?
https://www.bbc.com/...orld-europe-45419466

This is a very hotly debated issue. The way the Germans report crime statistics makes it almost impossible to get reliable data due different reporting standards of the Bundeslaender.

Without sidetracking debate too much. Germany's crime rate increased after reunification. Was there much suggestion that East-Germans are criminally inclined?

It's almost as if suddenly boarders where opened everywhere and the current world order was coming to end. Btw. It took a generation for the russian immigrants reach the same crime levels as native Germans. Normally these don't have a single reason. But letting a million people, many of them young males into the country without much perspective is going to have a effect.