billvon

Merry war on Christmas

It's pretty late in the season for this, but FOX News has finally found something to sow the Christmas outrage. Tucker Carlson foxsplains:

=============
Well, the War on Christmas is not real. They tell you all the time, it’s totally fake. And if you believe in it you're dumb. You watch Fox News or something. But it's also, of course, going on and it's being fought very fiercely here in America. But not just in America. The War on Christmas is a global struggle. In the parliament of Scotland—they have a national parliament—the coffee shop has stopped selling gingerbread men. Why? Gender-specific. They're now called gingerbread people.
=============

Did you hear that? Gingerbread PEOPLE! In Scotland! It's like they don't even believe in Christ.

So, all you Carlson followers, take your blood pressure medication and join Tucker in a toast to this season's Christmas angst!

I dont understand what the belief in Christ has to do with ginger flavoured cookies shaped as a human.

I guess some people have to invent stuff to be angry about as there is not enough injustice and wrong doing in the world to be angry about
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think my attitude stinks you should smell my fingers

ScottishJohn

I dont understand what the belief in Christ has to do with ginger flavoured cookies shaped as a human.

I guess some people have to invent stuff to be angry about as there is not enough injustice and wrong doing in the world to be angry about

They are called progressive liberals. :D
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***I dont understand what the belief in Christ has to do with ginger flavoured cookies shaped as a human.

[IKYABWAI]
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

***I dont understand what the belief in Christ has to do with ginger flavoured cookies shaped as a human.

So you are so far to the right that Tucker Carlson and Fox News are 'progressive liberals'.

Why am I not surprised at this?

On a more serious note, someone was asking for skydiving themed Christmas cookies.

The suggestion was made to cut out gingerbread people and put them in 4 way formations. I liked that one.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

jakee

When you think Fox News are a bunch of pinko commies, you might just be a survivalist.

Roger
Affirmative

MSM is MSM
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Interesting how some people get so wound up trying to celebrate a bastard child's birthday.

Merry Christmas!

I love Christmas, always have. Family fun and spoiling my girl.

I'm making sweet and spicy cedar planked salmon on the grill, in it's natural shape - for the big family get together.
For my kid's visit, it's taco bar!
For the friends and neighbors cocktail party, smoked turkey and pulled pork sliders and a keg of Bell's Two Hearted Ale.
Eat, drink, be merry. Loosen up those panties a bit folks.
:)

What is one of the most popular Christmas songs you ask?

Happy Holidays by Bing Crosby.

Such an incredible "war on christmas" politically correct song must be pretty new right? Uh.....well.....it was written in 1942.

War on Christmas......lol....bunch of idiots.

RonD1120

***When you think Fox News are a bunch of pinko commies, you might just be a survivalist.

Roger
Affirmative

MSM is MSM
Only Qanon is centrist.

Word to the wise - if you are so far to one side that you can't see anyone to the right of you - you might not be anywhere near the middle.

Agree with most of what's been said here. Christmas is a commercial activity designed to make people spend money.

I believe there might be a police action on heterosexuality. The dust up over Baby It's Cold Outside is but one example. Seems if you have a penis and like to have sex with women...

My favorite Christmas song; Nat King Cole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwacxSnc4tI
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

normiss

Eat, drink, be merry. Loosen up those panties a bit folks.
:)

Can't. The in-laws will be here. [:/]
Three days of being told precisely what we're doing wrong as parents by a couple who hired nannies to look after their own kids...
I might go on a rampage.

Still, I have a very nice bottle of port in the garage and am going to pick up a huge rib of beef tomorrow which I'll do on the barbie. That'll keep me amused for a couple of hours.

>Still, I have a very nice bottle of port in the garage and am going to pick up a huge rib of beef
>tomorrow which I'll do on the barbie.

I have a small arsenal of beer ready to go. Some Gift of the Magi, Gnoel de Abbey and Santa's Little Helper from Tomme, a Delirium Noel from an unpronounceable Belgian brewery, and an assortment of stouts, belgians and porters from Alesmith, Modern Times, Stone and Ballast Point. The only thing I am missing is a Local 2 from Brooklyn - very hard to find out here.

The inlaws arrive today.

billvon

>Still, I have a very nice bottle of port in the garage and am going to pick up a huge rib of beef

I have a small arsenal of beer ready to go. Some Gift of the Magi, Gnoel de Abbey and Santa's Little Helper from Tomme, a Delirium Noel from an unpronounceable Belgian brewery, and an assortment of stouts, belgians and porters from Alesmith, Modern Times, Stone and Ballast Point. The only thing I am missing is a Local 2 from Brooklyn - very hard to find out here.

The inlaws arrive today.

Yup, I'm going to take a trip to Bevmo today to stock up.

I'm not sure if you can find it out here, but have a look for Innis & Gunn port wood beer, or their Original. Tastes like christmas to me.

NOMS

Love me some I&G. Sometimes at Total Wine, usually at World Market, always at a couple of independents and bars here.

I'd also like to find some Full Sail Wassail and Session Fest - they've always been Christmas beers to me. I should find a few new and better ones this year.

SkyDekker

What is one of the most popular Christmas songs you ask?

Happy Holidays by Bing Crosby.

Such an incredible "war on christmas" politically correct song must be pretty new right? Uh.....well.....it was written in 1942.

War on Christmas......lol....bunch of idiots.

Ever since I was kid we called it "the holidays" meaning the entire span from Thanksgiving through New Years encompassing Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Hanukkah. This practice was shared by people I knew to be Christians and it wasn't meant as a secular slight towards Jesus, it was just descriptive language. Getting mad about not calling it "Christmas" is fairly petty.

Since it's Friday I'm signing off most of my conversations with clients and vendors as "Ok, have a good holiday break" or "Happy Holidays" because we won't talk again until after the new year. It did cross my mind momentarily to wonder if anyone would think I was only saying that because it's the politically correct thing to do.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

billvon

The inlaws arrive today.

This season, drink He’Brew Messiah Bold. The Chosen Beer-it’s the one you’re been waiting for!
Confirmed cynical sarcastic bastard since 2003