2 2
Iago

Ocasio-Cortez- I'm a big girl now!

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Could you perhaps, very kindly, stop quoting yourself for absolutely no reason and instead just shut the fuck up?

Your one warning.

I would note that the forum now allows you to block posters.  If you want someone to "shut the fuck up" the onus is on you to make that happen.  If you don't feel like it - your problem.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dmcoco84 said:

We are not a democracy.

Functionally speaking you are a form of democracy, it's just that constitutionally you don't have to be.

And Doug... how much did land cost back then? You should look into that.

Answer: Not Much... they wanted people to have skin in the game; for a reason.

The constitution now bans any form of poll tax. Good thing or bad thing?

5 hours ago, billvon said:

I would note that the forum now allows you to block posters.  If you want someone to "shut the fuck up" the onus is on you to make that happen.  If you don't feel like it - your problem.

Fair enough. Surely though at some point a person carrying on a rambling multi post string of one liners in conversation solely with themself is just spamming? 

2 hours ago, jakee said:
8 hours ago, billvon said:

Your one warning.

Fair enough. Surely though at some point a person carrying on a rambling multi post string of one liners in conversation solely with themself is just spamming? 

Hey Redcoat ... Reading is Fundamental.

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/265078-what-do-you-think-of-the-new-dropzonecom-format/?page=8&tab=comments#comment-4857441

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dmcoco84 said:

We are not a democracy.

And Doug... how much did land cost back then? You should look into that.

Answer: Not Much... they wanted people to have skin in the game; for a reason.

For sure we are not a democracy.  

But what the framers wanted is explained clearly in Federalist 68, and it has NOTHING to do with "skin in the game".

3 hours ago, dmcoco84 said:

So you’re spamming the boards because you don’t like the new functionality? I agree it’s fucking awful compared to how well it used to work, but couldn’t you express your displeasure in a less annoying way?

7 hours ago, jakee said:

Yes, and that's my problem.  You can solve your problem by blocking that user.

18 hours ago, billvon said:

Wow, she must scare the piss out of you, too.

(Scare the piss out of me? Nope! I laugh at her moronic stupidity. I expect her to lose her re-election bid in 2020. She got only 16,000 votes, a tiny percentage of her district due to voter apathy. Her dumb ass mouth is actually HELPING Trump. :D)

199 charges.  37 people charged.  Seven guilty pleas.  One indictment. If that's "nothing significant" then you have no sense of significance.

(None of those charges have anything to do with Russian Collusion. But oh boy, does Jerry Nadler have ties to Russia? You bet your ass he does! )

To be a Trump supporter, it sounds like you really do have to be OK with Trump shooting someone in the face on Fifth Avenue.

(If it's in self defense, yes. But he doesn't have to, the secret service will. 9_9)

Yep.  Now that he doesn't have his own party covering for him, he's going to have to account for his actions.  O the horror.

(The Senate is still controlled by the Republicans, sure a few of them don't like Trump, but the key word is FEW. If they pass that bill rescinding his emergency order and he vetoes it, they STILL DON'T have the votes to override. The constitutional process at work here. Thank you very much. :D I don't even have to mention that the Democrats wanted a wall 10 years ago, but don't want Trump to build it because HE's the POTUS NOW 9_9)

Record deficit.  (what's new?) Kids in cages. (Started under Obama WHO COVERED IT UP!) Record foreign trade deficit. (Trump is working on it with new trade deals that benefit America) Sagging economy.  (BULLSHIT, jobless rates are at or near all time lows, and wages are increasing) Increased border incursions. (Influenced by George Soros, which is why we need the wall. Trump campaigned for POTUS on the wall, AND WON)  I don't think Dems will be hard-put to find issues to challenge him on.  (And you don't think Trump has the dirty low down info on dirty Democrats? He's just holding that close to his vest until the bullshit Mueller investigation is finished. If the Democrats continue to pursue investigations, he's going to drop the hammer on the dirty Democrats. Just sit back and watch. Hell, even Nancy Pelosi is backing away from impeachment plans.) 9_9

3 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

None of those charges have anything to do with Russian Collusion.

Manafort colluding with a Russian agent to tamper with witnesses has nothing to do with Russian collusion?  I guess you subscribe to the Trump "alternate truth" philosophy.

(what's new?) 

What's new?  The record deficit.  Are you really asking if the record is new?

(Started under Obama WHO COVERED IT UP!)

1) He didn't do it

2) OK he did it but it's not that bad

3) Obama did it first

Trump is working on it with new trade deals that benefit America

Like his job-killing tariffs?  His attacks on US steel mills and US farmers?  China winning the trade war that Trump claimed would be "good and easy to win?"

Good take on this from Ravin Ghandi, CEO of GMM Chemical: “If you have a hammer, you can use it to either nail nails in the wall, or you can hit yourself in the face with it.  And I think that Mr. Trump should stop hitting the U.S. in the face with these tariffs, because I think it’s bad for everybody.”

And you don't think Trump has the dirty low down info on dirty Democrats? He's just holding that close to his vest until the bullshit Mueller investigation is finished. If the Democrats continue to pursue investigations, he's going to drop the hammer on the dirty Democrats. Just sit back and watch. 

Ah, you are a follower of Qanon!  Did you believe the thing about Clinton having a child sex ring in the basement of a pizza place, too?

12 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

Record deficit.  (what's new?) Kids in cages. (Started under Obama WHO COVERED IT UP!) Record foreign trade deficit. (Trump is working on it with new trade deals that benefit America) Sagging economy.  (BULLSHIT, jobless rates are at or near all time lows, and wages are increasing) Increased border incursions. (Influenced by George Soros, which is why we need the wall. Trump campaigned for POTUS on the wall, AND WON)  I don't think Dems will be hard-put to find issues to challenge him on.  (And you don't think Trump has the dirty low down info on dirty Democrats? He's just holding that close to his vest until the bullshit Mueller investigation is finished. If the Democrats continue to pursue investigations, he's going to drop the hammer on the dirty Democrats. Just sit back and watch. Hell, even Nancy Pelosi is backing away from impeachment plans.)

I think this fairly summarizes the average intelligence of Trump supporters.

Worrying that 30% is this unintelligent in the US. Good news is the majority of people still can think their way out of this.

6 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I think this fairly summarizes the average intelligence of Trump supporters.

Worrying that 30% is this unintelligent in the US. Good news is the majority of people still can think their way out of this.

You're Canadian right? What are the odds of Trump still being POTUS longer than Justin Trudeau staying on as Prime Minister with that scandal of his blowing up?9_9

Worry about your shit and we'll worry about ours. :P

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

I don't even have to mention that the Democrats wanted a wall 10 years ago, but don't want Trump to build it because HE's the POTUS NOW

You're being selective and you're moving the goal posts.  Trump wanted a wall from coast to coast, the legislature 10 years ago that both parties are still improving upon was to add wall and focus funding where it's needed.  To paraphrase Obama, "If we think a little more border wall is going to solve our immigration issues we're kidding ourselves."

First Trump wants a full border wall and never sets the legislature in action to make this happen.  He then admits under advice from his staff that a full border wall is unrealistic so he scales it back to a partial wall, he still takes no legislative action to make this happen.  Dems take back the House and a unilateral D/R Senate/House bill does not include a substantial increase on a physical border wall and this gets thrown in his face on live TV, he vetoes the bill and shuts down the govt to the tune of $11bn lost.  Now he knows he's not going to get a substantial increase, he's back it to a marginal increase for which even emergency funding won't cover so it's left at a barely marginal increase which will not provide any further improvement upon the things that he's lying about happening such as drug smuggling and sex trafficking.

So, what are we left with?  Trump wants a win going into the elections and you're damn straight that because it's Trump, it's going to get blocked at every turn because he's a little bitch and cares more about having his way than about actually solving the problem.

38 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

Increased border incursions. (Influenced by George Soros, which is why we need the wall. Trump campaigned for POTUS on the wall, AND WON) 

Oh come now BV, this is THE most debunked conspiracy surrounding the entire border wall debate.  You can do better than lean on page seven tabloid material.

4 hours ago, jakee said:
7 hours ago, dmcoco84 said:

So you’re spamming the boards because you don’t like the new functionality?

For Real

I made multiple posts in the bonfire thread (doing exactly what I told Meso I would be doing -- but have been ridiculously busy; and remain so currently); BV needed elaboration.  My last post was sufficient to do so; a solid example.

4 hours ago, jakee said:

I agree it’s fucking awful compared to how well it used to work, but couldn’t you express your displeasure in a less annoying way? 

For Real For Real

And if you hit "Quote" without using the highlighting... THIS POST, will look stupid.

14 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

These guys follow a guy whose objections to airplanes is that they are too difficult....I don't think doing better than tabloid is achievable.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-planes-complicated-fly-pilots-boeing-tweet-a8819396.html

Per Trump, only people like me are qualified to fly the 737 MAX.  

I'll wait for the job offers to roll in!

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Yes, and that's my problem.  You can solve your problem by blocking that user. 

That's what cowards do.

(Why coward? -- So I'm not called sexist, or something else, for the wide variety of other words that SHOULD be used.)

2 hours ago, BillyVance said:

I expect her to lose her re-election bid in 2020. She got only 16,000 votes, a tiny percentage of her district due to voter apathy.

She got 100,044 votes, 78% of the turnout. You may want to re-examine where you get your news from and who you trust to tell you the truth.

39 minutes ago, jakee said:

You know you still haven't identified anything I've said about the Constitution that you disagree with, right? 

He is only here to try and piss people off. He mentioned it in earlier posts. called something bullshit, asked for evidence, then stated he only wanted evidence so he could make fun of people.

He has been here before, will eventually find out he isn't as smart as he thinks he is and then will disappear for a while. Probably muttering to himself how he really showed them.