billvon

Trump's economic plan

Rare to see an economic plan summed up so succinctly. But not surprising given his history.

==========================================
Trump on Coming Debt Crisis: ‘I Won’t Be Here’ When It Blows Up

The president thinks the balancing of the nation’s books is going to, ultimately, be a future president’s problem.

Lachlan Markay
12.05.18 10:32 AM ET
Daily Beast

Since the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump’s aides and advisers have tried to convince him of the importance of tackling the national debt.

Sources close to the president say he has repeatedly shrugged it off, implying that he doesn’t have to worry about the money owed to America’s creditors—currently about $21 trillion—because he won’t be around to shoulder the blame when it becomes even more untenable.

The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office.

“Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt.
============================================

I will be more succinct.

"Trump first".

“You can fool . . . . some of the people all the time. . ." A. Lincoln, Sept.2, 1858, predicting Trump's contempt for his base.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

I will be more succinct.

"Trump first".

“You can fool . . . . some of the people all the time. . ." A. Lincoln, Sept.2, 1858, predicting Trump's contempt for his base.

I believe that is why we all love him. He pushes forward at all costs and does falter in his personal desire. A leader with those qualities creates opportunities for others in his wake. He has been assaulted every day of his professional life and he made it to the presidency. He is a true American.

I saw earlier this week that his spiritual advisor is Paula White. I know about Paula White. She is from Tampa and was married to Randy White. They had a huge church called The Church Without Walls. I am convinced she knows how to advise him on spiritually directed economic gain.

Just hang on people.
Evaluate in two years.
Enjoy the show.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I believe that is why we all love him.

You can fool some of the people all the time."

>It doesn’t matter how large the debt is provided the US can continue to service it.

Do you apply that sort of thinking to your own finances? If so, credit card companies must love you.

>(As was the mantra from 08 to 16)

You know better than that. The deficit dropped by two-thirds between 2009 and 2014. Now it's rising fast. I know you really need to bash Obama to make Trump look better, but this is a foolish topic to try that with.

FY 2009 - deficit was 9.8 percent of GDP
FY 2014 - deficit was 2.8 percent of GDP

FY 2018 (est) - 4% of GDP

Iago

It doesn’t matter how large the debt is provided the US can continue to service it.

(As was the mantra from 08 to 16)

Like Italy? Like Greece? like Argentina?

-Debt service costs are a drag on GDP.

-Debt limits the freedom of action of the borrower.

-Debt allows the lender to call the shots on the borrowers conduct. As per the terms of the loan.

-Debt effects the value of the borrowers currency.

and just for you, here are the words from a economic genius:
https://www.mediamatters.org/embed/static/clips/2016/05/06/46321/cnbc-sb-20160505-trump_debt_default

billvon

>It doesn’t matter how large the debt is provided the US can continue to service it.

Do you apply that sort of thinking to your own finances? If so, credit card companies must love you.

You know better than that. The deficit dropped by two-thirds between 2009 and 2014. Now it's rising fast. I know you really need to bash Obama to make Trump look better, but this is a foolish topic to try that with.

Absolutely not. I’m a conservative with my own finances and I expect my elected reps to make a prudent fiscal decision when spending our money. It is a disgrace what’s been going on over the past decades and it’s going to blow up in everyone’s face down the road.

When that subject came up under Bush the Dems were screaming about deficits. Under Obama it was ok as long as the US could keep making payments. Now it’s Trump so it’s back to screaming about deficits and debt.

I could go back and find all the posts from Kallend and the usual gang of flip-flops saying the exact same thing, but quite frankly I have better things to do.
Confirmed cynical sarcastic bastard since 2003

Phil1111

***It doesn’t matter how large the debt is provided the US can continue to service it.

(As was the mantra from 08 to 16)

Like Italy? Like Greece? like Argentina?

-Debt service costs are a drag on GDP.

-Debt limits the freedom of action of the borrower.

-Debt allows the lender to call the shots on the borrowers conduct. As per the terms of the loan.

-Debt effects the value of the borrowers currency.

and just for you, here are the words from a economic genius:
https://www.mediamatters.org/embed/static/clips/2016/05/06/46321/cnbc-sb-20160505-trump_debt_default

Uh, yeah I got all that Captain Obvious. I’m the cynical sarcastic bastard, remember?
Confirmed cynical sarcastic bastard since 2003

When that subject came up under Bush the Dems were screaming about deficits. Under Obama it was ok as long as the US could keep making payments.

Under Obama it was OK as long as the deficit kept going down. That is going in the right direction.

Now it’s Trump so it’s back to screaming about deficits and debt.

Because he is increasing the deficit. That is going in the wrong direction.

billvon

==========================================
Trump on Coming Debt Crisis: ‘I Won’t Be Here’ When It Blows Up

He is just keeping his promise to run the country the same way he ran his businesses.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Iago

***>It doesn’t matter how large the debt is provided the US can continue to service it.

Absolutely not. I’m a conservative with my own finances and I expect my elected reps to make a prudent fiscal decision when spending our money. It is a disgrace what’s been going on over the past decades and it’s going to blow up in everyone’s face down the road.

When that subject came up under Bush the Dems were screaming about deficits. Under Obama it was ok as long as the US could keep making payments. Now it’s Trump so it’s back to screaming about deficits and debt.

I could go back and find all the posts from Kallend and the usual gang of flip-flops saying the exact same thing, but quite frankly I have better things to do.

You know about first and second derivatives, right? Concavity and convexity?

billvon

>I believe that is why we all love him.

Because he's in it for himself, and doesn't care about the fate of the US?

Interesting what characteristics cause you to love someone.

You and Kallend should have read my entire post.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

Interesting that you seem to admire people that are good at business, yet have all filed for bankruptcy.
I don't believe that's good at business.

Oh but it is when managed properly and you refuse to give up just because of a setback. He kept going and now he is the POTUS.

RonD1120

***Interesting that you seem to admire people that are good at business, yet have all filed for bankruptcy.
I don't believe that's good at business.

Oh but it is when managed properly and you refuse to give up just because of a setback. He kept going and now he is the POTUS.

So basically he is just as accomplished as Obama but added grabbing pussy and staying quite through the Apostle's Creed. As a christian that must be so rewarding for you. I can understand your unwavering support.

normiss

He repeatedly fucked other people out of their money, that's not "kept going".

We've been through this before, and it turns out Ron fully supports criminal or con-man behaviour as long as the perpetrator is 'winning'.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***He repeatedly fucked other people out of their money, that's not "kept going".

We've been through this before, and it turns out Ron fully supports criminal or con-man behaviour as long as the perpetrator is 'winning'.

And a conservative. Don't forget that. If it's a liberal - lock em up.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

normiss

He repeatedly fucked other people out of their money, that's not "kept going".

Bottom line in business, caveat emptor.

The point I am stating is that no one has stopped him. There is no one on this forum that could stand up to the assaults that he has withstood.

jakee

***He repeatedly fucked other people out of their money, that's not "kept going".

I believe the concept you are searching for is pragmatism.