20_kN

Perris vs Eloy Boogie?

I was thinking of stopping by one of the Perris or SD Arizona Christmas boogies, but I cant go to both as they are happening at the same time. Recommendations for which might be better? I am not too big into the party and get wasted scene. Mostly there for the jumping. Interested in wingsuiting.

Can't speak for Perris, but the Eloy boogie is awesome.

It isn't all partying. There is so much organizing going on during the day. I haven't been in a few years because of work commitments, but I had amazing trips in years past.

The partying itself isn't a big distraction either. They have had a beer truck in the past that opened when the last load took off, but everyone is pretty laid-back about it.

I don't recall much wing-suit organizing but maybe I wasn't paying attention.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I don't recall much wing-suit organizing but maybe I wasn't paying attention

You probably were too drunk from the non stop beer truck ;)

Seriously, you can party as much or as little as you want. The after jumping scene by the beer truck is pretty mellow.

There are a couple of official Wingsuit LOs now at the DZ. They should be around for the boogie!
Remster

Weather is the biggest differentiation between those 2 DZs this time of the year.
Both can have pleasant temps on the ground and be friggin' cold at altitude.

Weather systems in SoCal tend to linger for days at a time. In Eloy the bad weather blows in, rains and then blows out in a day, maybe 2.

The good news is that if you choose Perris and the weather sucks, it's not too far to drive over to Eloy with blue skies.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

For wingsuiting, Perris might be your best option. There are a ton of good wingsuiters in town at this time of year. We also have 2 wingsuit Load Organizers scheduled each day to keep the flocks fun and interesting. The current forecast has one afternoon with some rain. Otherwise the worst is the morning cold in the desert.

https://www.lightningflight.com/calendar