redwing120

S Fly Verso for beginner?

Hello,
A friend of mine wants to buy my S Fly Verso, he is currently jumping with 500 jumps- he has done 4 successful wingsuit jumps with Phantom Edge. Any opinions on if my Verso would be good for him? I fly a large wingsuit, so this small wingsuit is very easy for me, so not sure for beginners. Thanks.
David Di Filippo
[email protected]
828-768-5309

I'm not too familiar with the Verso. The web site rates it closer to a tony suits R-Bird and says its advanced. I would think staying on the phantom for awhile is a good idea with only 4 jumps. Stay in the phantom/swift/sbird range until they can navigate well, proximity fly, and it's always good to start learning to back fly on a smaller suit.

In the end its up to you guys but if you put it into perspective would you put a student with 4 jumps on something like a crossfire? Probably not. So take time and learn the basics because the bigger suits will always be there later.

You can safely proceed with that as a beginners suit. Suit is in the same class sizewise as a Phantom and it is easy to fly. I have used it for people for first flights several times and a few here had it is their first suit. On their website it more reflects the fact that the French rules are non-standard. They have their own classes and rules to go with that. Going into details, its a hands-free suit so there is clean access to the PC / BOC. Comparing it directly to a Phantom, it does require a more clean flying style in order to provide a smooth feeling in air. In a Phantom you can fly a bit more dirty and still feel like superman, where the Verso will communicate to its pilot that it thinks you suck :) So for that reason I just spend some more time on flying position with the student and doing that it turn out very well