1 1
Cantoral

Gopro7 white for tandems?

I need to upgrade my camera setup for tandems (outside & HC),
and reading about this model specifications, I'm thinking it is enough quality for the job, also cheaper to buy 1 for video and 1 for pics.

Do you think it's a good idea to do that or better go for the black edition?

jallison

Not even close :S

http://elproducente.com/gopro-hero7-black-silver-white-review-all-specs-compared/

Even the entry-level "GoPro 2018" will do a better job. Especially with a firmware upgrade to make a GoPro 5 black out of it!

I didn't think the "GoPro 2018" existed. I thought it was the same as the 7 white and people were just calling it what they wanted. But there it is on amazon https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-HERO-Waterproof-Digital-Action/dp/B07B7YPKQX?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAIT6O2WSHYNEM3FBA&tag=elproducente-20&linkCode=alb&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07B7YPKQX.

To correct my very wrong statement, get the GoPro 2018 it is basically the same at the 5 Black. That's what I originally meant and just botched it really good.

Hey Chris,

I sent you a PM, but might as well follow up here since you are active in the thread.

Is there any possibility that you will be refreshing a dual camera upper housing for your gloves to fit the new Gopro 7 black?

I love my current setup from you, but every season my 3+ blacks are getting longer and longer in the tooth.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I haven't found a good way to mount 2 Hero 5/6/7 Blacks in such a way that all the important buttons, lenses, and ports would be available without removing the cameras every jump. For that reason I made no double camera designs for these Blacks. I had hopes for the Silver and White models because of their simplified ports (the micro SD card and USB are both in the same side door). But the lack of a timelapse photo feature on the Silver and White made me throw my hands up again. Instead I still recommend double Session 5's for now.

On 12/13/2018 at 1:00 AM, parachutist said:

I haven't found a good way to mount 2 Hero 5/6/7 Blacks in such a way that all the important buttons, lenses, and ports would be available without removing the cameras every jump. For that reason I made no double camera designs for these Blacks. I had hopes for the Silver and White models because of their simplified ports (the micro SD card and USB are both in the same side door). But the lack of a timelapse photo feature on the Silver and White made me throw my hands up again. Instead I still recommend double Session 5's for now.

Well, heck.  What I'd like to shoot HC would be a 7 for video and one of my pile of 3 or 4 for stills.  Doesn't sound like there's much chance of ever outfitting a glove to do it.  Maybe you could build a housing for legacy on bottom and 5/6/7 on top with access to buttons and ports???  Bet it would sell!

Martin

• Like 1

(edited)

I just ponied up for two 7 blacks. TripleD on facebook out of NZ makes a great dual mount for the front of a FTP, and a dual hand cam mount that is pretty unique. The hand cam sits the first camera down in front of the hand in a stair step so the whole stack of cameras doesn't sit sky high on the hand and you can get to the record buttons on each camera. 

Really happy with Joe's work, 3d printing is amazing, and the prices were great, especially with the exchange rate right now.

I will let you know how they work out once the season really kicks off.

Also, GoPro was offering a trade in discount as of two weeks ago. I traded in a old GoPro 2, not a bad dead.

Edited by DougH