gowlerk

MARDS and wingsuits

The subject of how far along the bridle MARDs are installed just came up in another thread. Which leads me to wonder, since wingsuit bridles for mains are usually at least 8 ft long in order to be sure the p/c clears the burble, and MARDS are generally a little less than 6 ft from the p/c, are there any known examples of hesitations on total mals with larger suits and MARDs?

gowlerk

The subject of how far along the bridal MARDs are installed just came up in another thread. Which leads me to wonder, since wingsuit bridals for mains are usually at least 8 ft long in order to be sure the p/c clears the burble, and MARDS are generally a little less than 6 ft from the p/c, are there any known examples of hesitations on total mals with larger suits and MARDs?

Bill Booth answered this very question in the thread below:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4839903;search_string=skyhook%20wingsuit%20bill;#4839903

gowlerk

****bridle :)

The issue has been well covered already.

Well discussed, but not well concluded I think. Bill mentions that spring loaded PC reserves are an issue on wingsuits, but of course there are many examples of AAD fires and people going straight to their reserve on wingsuits. How many fatalities have resulted from PC hesitations on the reserve with a wingsuit?

Westerly

*******bridle :)

Well discussed, but not well concluded I think. Bill mentions that spring loaded PC reserves are an issue on wingsuits, but of course there are many examples of AAD fires and people going straight to their reserve on wingsuits. How many fatalities have resulted from PC hesitations on the reserve with a wingsuit?

Possibly one in Perris last year. Unconscious AAD fire.

LeeroyJenkins

**********bridle :)

Possibly one in Perris last year. Unconscious AAD fire.

You're talking about the one in Jan? I was not there so I dont know anything other than what the reports say, but the USPA fatality report indicated his reserve deployed and inflated fully after the AAD activated.