ChrisD2.0

Elizabeth Warren

Support Trump and not a particular fan of Warren. However, I did admire her when she went after Well's CEO after they got caught screwing over their customers. Agree on the DNA test being a joke. Goes to show how gullible people are paying to have this done. Who knows where that info ends up and how it can affect your, insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and hospital costs. Trump shude have asked for an independent test and if it came back positive, payed the mil to save credibility. Donate it to real Indians who can use it.

baronn

... Trump shude have asked for an independent test and if it came back positive, payed the mil to save credibility. Donate it to real Indians who can use it.

He made the offer without specifying who was to do the test. After Warren had the test done, he reneged. As usual.

I would guess that the test was done at a place that would meet the 'independent' qualification.

For Trump to admit wrongdoing and pay out to 'save credibility'...

NOT gonna happen.

He'd never do it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

She taught at Harvard. Harvard even touted her as a member of a minority group in the 90's when they were under fire for being too white. Where do you suppose they got that info?

She also listed herself as a minority member in legal directories.

The instrument that can measure how little I care about her ancestory has yet to be invented, but let's not try to rewrite history. She encouraged the myth that she was part native american when in reality she's wasn't.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>She taught at Harvard. Harvard even touted her as a member of a minority group in
>the 90's when they were under fire for being too white. Where do you suppose they got
>that info?

From her. She followed federal rules when she filled out her staff questionnaire.

>She also listed herself as a minority member in legal directories.

No, they listed her as a minority based on federal rules.

If she had broken those rules I am sure you would now be screaming "do we really want someone who violates Federal rules to get herself a job?"

>She encouraged the myth that she was part native american when in reality she's wasn't.

Is this one of those "truth isn't truth" angles that right wingers so enjoy nowadays?

Trump shude have asked for an independent test and if it came back positive, payed the mil to save credibility. Donate it to real Indians who can use it.

It was done by an independent - the PhD at Stanford who advises 123 & Ancestry. He said to a charity of her choice.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

airdvr

She taught at Harvard. Harvard even touted her as a member of a minority group in the 90's when they were under fire for being too white. Where do you suppose they got that info?

She also listed herself as a minority member in legal directories.

The instrument that can measure how little I care about her ancestory has yet to be invented, but let's not try to rewrite history. She encouraged the myth that she was part native american when in reality she's wasn't.

Out of curiosity, if that instrument resembles a computer and keyboard then I think we have a measure of who little you care. As is....you're still posting about this.

How are you calling this a myth? She has DNA evidence now that she IS part Native American.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Yes, and she chose a charity that helps Native Americans.

I can't imagine an independent observer not seeing the egg on Trump's face over this. An honorable man would have said, "I still think her Native heritage claim is BS, but the plight of real Natives is important to me so I'm paying anyway." But honor isn't in Trump's DNA, not even 1/1024th.

- Dan G

More like in the "dont give a damn how Native" camp. I dont get the reference to personal responsibility, sorry.

I haven't heard you say that Trump should take responsibility for his statement and pay up.

The Republicans are the ones who have made an issue out of this. They are also the ones taking absolutely no responsibility for their statements and actions.

Warren made a claim and backed it up. I haven't seen a Republican with enough backbone to do that.

SkyDekker

Warren made a claim and backed it up. I haven't seen a Republican with enough backbone to do that.

Yeah, don' t hold your breath.

I haven't seen a Republican show any real amount of backbone in the past 6 or 8 years.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>Evidence? I hope you're not on anyone's jury duty list.

Yes, evidence. An independent DNA test (indeed, one that Trump asked for) shows she has a small amount of native american DNA. As she claimed.

Imagine you are on a jury, and the case is whether someone murdered someone else. The defendant testified he was never at the victim's home. The police provide DNA evidence that shows tiny amounts (micrograms) of the defendant's DNA was found on the bathroom doorknob, the shower drain, the bedsheets and the toilet seat.

Would you reject it because you don't believe in DNA?

billvon

>Evidence? I hope you're not on anyone's jury duty list.

Yes, evidence. An independent DNA test (indeed, one that Trump asked for) shows she has a small amount of native american DNA. As she claimed.

Imagine you are on a jury, and the case is whether someone murdered someone else. The defendant testified he was never at the victim's home. The police provide DNA evidence that shows tiny amounts (micrograms) of the defendant's DNA was found on the bathroom doorknob, the shower drain, the bedsheets and the toilet seat.

Apples and oranges...we aren't talking about whether her DNA was present somewhere.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

***>Evidence? I hope you're not on anyone's jury duty list.

Apples and oranges...we aren't talking about whether her DNA was present somewhere.

LAME.

She fulfilled the conditions of Trump's challenge. Trump then reneged.

Just as expected from someone who cheated contractors, cheated his investors, and defrauded students at Trump U.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

SkyDekker

More like in the "dont give a damn how Native" camp. I dont get the reference to personal responsibility, sorry.

I haven't heard you say that Trump should take responsibility for his statement and pay up.

That's because I didn't even know about Trumps statement. I don't really care what Trump flippantly says for media attention, as that is a daily event. Btw just because I wholeheartedly disagree with Warren does not mean I support Trump.
Max Peck
What's the point of having top secret code names, fellas, if we ain't gonna use 'em?

billvon

That's because I didn't even know about Trumps statement. I don't really care what Trump flippantly says for media attention, as that is a daily event.

I imagine if you ignore everything Trump says, he would sound a lot better.

:D
True, but I try to at least follow what he's doing in terms of his office, because for better or for worse (and there are examples of both), he is my president. But the public speeches, yeah I pretty much ignore those.
Max Peck
What's the point of having top secret code names, fellas, if we ain't gonna use 'em?

AtrusBatleth

That's because I didn't even know about Trumps statement. I don't really care what Trump flippantly says for media attention, as that is a daily event. Btw just because I wholeheartedly disagree with Warren does not mean I support Trump.

That is hard to believe considering Republicans made an issue out of this to get media attention. It was a Republican who brought this up and a Republican who then called her Pocahontas and tying that to her supposedly not being productive.

SkyDekker

That is hard to believe considering Republicans made an issue out of this to get media attention. It was a Republican who brought this up and a Republican who then called her Pocahontas and tying that to her supposedly not being productive.
To clarify, I was aware of Trump being one of many who have criticized Warren's claims (the Cherokee nation being among them). It was the bet I had not heard of. And just because someone criticizes Warren does not mean they are a Republican, which seems to be what you are implying (I could be wrong though).
Max Peck

True, but I try to at least follow what he's doing in terms of his office, because for better or for worse (and there are examples of both), he is my president.

Not a bad approach, although far more difficult in Trump's case - because his staff is literally stealing things off his desk to try to keep him from making bad decisions. So you don't know what presidential actions (or lack thereof) are Trump's, and which are those of a staffer who wants to avoid World War III.

What's interesting about this episode is that I previously knew very little about her. Now that I do I want her at least as a VP if not President.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

For anyone following the Native American news. Warren continues to disappoint.

Latest from the "Nation" (Nov. 2018) is that Warren continues to avoid answering direct questions, is considerably more evasive than Trump, and continues to avoid Native Americans in public.

If you want , if anyone wants, a first hand experience with this issue they are invited to the neighborhood just down the street from Z Hills and or adjacent to Disney World.

I know for most of you this is too much to ask.

But Warrens hypocrisy combined with the medias lack of coverage on this issue is very, very, hurtful to all Native Americans, everywhere.

Some of you need to open your eyes to the motives of this woman. They are NOT honest, and all anyone has to do is just visit any tribal news or home to experience this. Their are many. Many right in your own back yard.
Brett Bickford Did Not Commit Suicide.

He is the victim of ignorance and faulty gear. AND as in the movie: "12 Angry Men," of an ignorant and callous jury.

billvon

>Some of you need to open your eyes to the motives of this woman. They are NOT honest . . .

I think the pre-emptive smearing of Warren is a good indication of just how many Republicans are terrified of her.

I think they may believe she is a witch in possession of magical powers. I can not believe the redness of this native herring. Do all y'all have anything to say about her policy positions? I can't wait to hear complaints about her "shrillness".
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.