RonD1120

CA Caravan Continues to Move North to U.S.

SkyDekker

Isaiah 10
Matthew 25
Leviticus 19:33–34
Zechariah 7:9–10
Ezekiel 47:22
Jeremiah 7:5–7

All relate to being kind and welcome to immigrants. There is no doubt that the current reaction by evangelicals is pure racism.

You need to be careful grabbing those OT scriptures from Google search. There plenty that advocates the slaughter of immigrants.

Keep in mind President Trump is standing on a campaign promise at this point. It is why he was elected. It is obvious they are coming looking for a fight.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Keep in mind President Trump is standing on a campaign promise at this point. It is why he was elected. It is obvious they are coming looking for a fight.

Why? Because you are afraid of them? Because Qanon told you? Because Trump, the most dishonest president in history, told you that?

I think it's funny that you are afraid of a bunch of people who are about to commit the evil, horrible act of asking for asylum in the United States. But you aren't concerned about Trump supporters killing US citizens.

Would you rather have a refugee ask you for help, or have a pipe bomb delivered to your family?

Of course you were one of the people who thought operation Jade Helm was Obama directing the federal government to invade and take over Texas. You weren't alone, this useful idiot's reaction had an effect....

Of course now 15,000 federal troops being moved into Texas is a great example of patriots fighting a hoard of invaders protecting the sanctity of mother Rus....oops, the United States.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/05/03/hysteria-over-jade-helm-exercise-texas-was-fueled-russians-former-cia-/

SkyDekker

Of course you were one of the people who thought operation Jade Helm was Obama directing the federal government to invade and take over Texas. You weren't alone, this useful idiot's reaction had an effect....

Of course now 15,000 federal troops being moved into Texas is a great example of patriots fighting a hoard of invaders protecting the sanctity of mother Rus....oops, the United States.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/05/03/hysteria-over-jade-helm-exercise-texas-was-fueled-russians-former-cia-/

Da, mother Russia will do what is necessary to keep its puppet in power.

BabyTrump-Putin_Puppet.jpg

Veterans slam the use of troops for political propaganda purposes. From CNN:

===========
. . .The mission -- dubbed Operation Faithful Patriot -- raises a slew of questions, with former officials from both Republican and Democratic administrations and some veterans condemning it as a political stunt by a President eager to fire up his political base just days away from the midterm elections.

"A military strained by 17 years of war and sequestration doesn't need this," tweeted David Lapan, a former Homeland Security spokesman for the Trump administration and a former Marine. "Service members who have repeatedly spent long periods of time away from home don't need this. And the US doesn't need its military to 'defend' against a group of unarmed migrants, including many women & kids."

Former officials and veterans point to the unknown cost to taxpayers, given that much smaller deployments of National Guard to the border have cost hundreds of millions of dollars. They also question the cost the military will bear, as the operation pulls troops away from training, other missions and their families. And then, they say, there's the murky legality of the mission, its scope and its purpose.

. . .

Will Fischer, a former Marine who now works for the VoteVets, a progressive veteran's organization, said it was clear the President was thinking about politics more than national security.
"Donald Trump thinks unarmed people who are fleeing horrors and are still 1,000 miles away are a national security threat a week before election day," Fischer said. "I don't think so. It's a political ploy to blow upon the embers of racism and nativism, and he is using the military again as a political prop to advance his own agenda"
==============

billvon

Veterans slam the use of troops for political propaganda purposes. From CNN:

===========
. . .The mission -- dubbed Operation Faithful Patriot -- raises a slew of questions, with former officials from both Republican and Democratic administrations and some veterans condemning it as a political stunt by a President eager to fire up his political base just days away from the midterm elections.

"A military strained by 17 years of war and sequestration doesn't need this," tweeted David Lapan, a former Homeland Security spokesman for the Trump administration and a former Marine. "Service members who have repeatedly spent long periods of time away from home don't need this. And the US doesn't need its military to 'defend' against a group of unarmed migrants, including many women & kids."

Former officials and veterans point to the unknown cost to taxpayers, given that much smaller deployments of National Guard to the border have cost hundreds of millions of dollars. They also question the cost the military will bear, as the operation pulls troops away from training, other missions and their families. And then, they say, there's the murky legality of the mission, its scope and its purpose.

. . .

Will Fischer, a former Marine who now works for the VoteVets, a progressive veteran's organization, said it was clear the President was thinking about politics more than national security.
"Donald Trump thinks unarmed people who are fleeing horrors and are still 1,000 miles away are a national security threat a week before election day," Fischer said. "I don't think so. It's a political ploy to blow upon the embers of racism and nativism, and he is using the military again as a political prop to advance his own agenda"
==============

It is no secret that some military veterans became progressive liberals. Evan some returning from Vietnam joined the protests against the war. It appears that CNN has found two of them. >Yawn<

ETA:

Specifically, signs are mounting that far from the exodus being a Madonna-and-child in flip flops narrative, the military-aged unemployed males dominating this wave of caravans are far more violent than reported. That’s not a scare story from some rightwing militia group, but the actual view of the U.S. military, whose 5,000-plus troops have been dispatched to meet the caravans and keep them from storming the U.S. border and entering the U.S. illegally as they already did in Mexico. Asked if the dispatch was all a border stunt by a reporter, Secretary of Defense Gen. Jim Mattis icily replied: “We don’t do stunts in this department. Thank you.”

https://michaelsavage.com/caravan-migrants-different-more-violent-than-previous-migrant-groups-u-s-military/
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

It appears that CNN has found two of them.

Yes, we know what you think of veterans who do not share your right wing extremist agenda.

https://michaelsavage.com/...groups-u-s-military/

Thanks for the laugh! This is the same Michael Savage who had this to say about military who suffer from PTSD: "'boo-hoo-hoo, come and get a medication, come and get treatment, talk about mental illness.' You know what you wind up with? . . .A weak, sick, nation. A weak, sick, broken nation. And you need men like me to save the country. You need men to stand up and say stop crying like a baby over everything ... No wonder we're being laughed at around the world. No wonder ISIS can defeat our military."

So given that, and given that he is blaming your former occupation for creating a "weak, sick, broken nation," I wouldn't take his opinions on the military very seriously. (I mean, he hates Obama, so I know you will believe everything he says, but at some point you have to start not being so sheep-like with people like this.)

Meanwhile, in actual news, from the Military Times:
========================================
Deployed border troops are preparing for militias stealing their gear, protester violence, documents show

By: Tara Copp  

The 5,200 troops mobilizing to the U.S. southern border are headed there to deter a caravan of migrants, but some of the direct threats they are preparing for are homegrown, according to documents obtained by Military Times.

In those documents, the military is concerned about the already dangerous drug cartels that operate with impunity on both sides of the border, armed U.S. citizens taking the law into their own hands — or pilfering their gear — and far-right or far-left protesters inciting violence.
==========================================

Sounds like the biggest threat our military there will face is . . . US militias stealing their gear.

Pretty sad that Trump thinks it will take 15,000 of our military to deal with some 5,000 poor, hungry, unarmed and untrained civilians that includes a significant fraction of women and children.

Maybe he'd know better if he hadn't had 5 deferments to weasel out of his own obligations.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

And today Trump announced that the military will open fire on anyone who throws a rock.

That worked well at Kent State.

It's also what Israel does. Throwing rocks at armed soldiers is a pretty risky thing to do. However, despite Trump's puffery I believe that the US military is far more disciplined than to open fire on rock throwers. Unless bullets start coming out of the protesters.

Kent State was a bunch of amateur reservists.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***And today Trump announced that the military will open fire on anyone who throws a rock.

That worked well at Kent State.

It's also what Israel does. Throwing rocks at armed soldiers is a pretty risky thing to do. However, despite Trump's puffery I believe that the US military is far more disciplined than to open fire on rock throwers. Unless bullets start coming out of the protesters.

Kent State was a bunch of amateur reservists.

Correct!

I had a Vietnam vet client back in the mid-80s that said, "Good thing they weren't Regular Army. If they were Regular Army we would have killed them all."

Do not ever put a man in the position where he has to fulfill his role, because he will.

billvon

And today Trump announced that the military will open fire on anyone who throws a rock.

President Trump is issuing a stern warning. They should heed it.

https://www.oann.com/pres-trump-issues-stern-warning-to-caravan/

Who do you think is motivating them to continue this foolish and futile endeavor? Who stands to gain the most by creating southern border conflict?

On the upside, this march will provide objective evidence that the wall needs to be built.

RonD1120

Who do you think is motivating them to continue this foolish and futile endeavor? Who stands to gain the most by creating southern border conflict?

On the upside, this march will provide objective evidence that the wall needs to be built.

I think you just answered your own question:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

Correct!

I had a Vietnam vet client back in the mid-80s that said, "Good thing they weren't Regular Army. If they were Regular Army we would have killed them all."

Do not ever put a man in the position where he has to fulfill his role, because he will.

Which is a statement that applies to those giving the orders.

(BTW, are you saying that the role of the US military is not to safeguard US citizens?)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Who do you think is motivating them to continue this foolish and futile endeavor?

The crime lords who are threatening to kill their families if they stay.

>Who stands to gain the most by creating southern border conflict?

The Republicans. They are hoping it will win them an election through fear, and drive funding for the wall they want.

RonD1120

Trump does. He gets to come off as the strong-man to his gun-toting base supporters like you right before a critical election.

So what you're saying is that he's behind all this? Interesting.

It appears that the caravan is losing momentum. Do you think that they believe that President Trump is serious?

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 2:36 PM PT – Sun. Nov. 4, 2018
The migrant caravan approaching the U.S. has split into several groups.
At least 3,000 migrants from the original caravan have applied for asylum in Mexico, while hundreds more have reportedly returned home, according to Mexican authorities.
Around 4,000 migrants are still en route to the U.S. and are expected to pass through Veracruz in the next few days.
This as the president said he is prepared to send as many as 15,000 troops to secure the southern border.

https://www.oann.com/migrant-caravan-splits-into-groups-some-return-home/

jakee

So you're saying the caravan is not a well organised, well funded unit intent on bringing mayhem to the US?

Are you going to send an apology card to George Soros?

Apparently, the checks from Soros must have bounced.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>It appears that the caravan is losing momentum. Do you think that they believe that
>President Trump is serious?

Nope. The caravan hasn't changed one bit. I have been telling you that (that the caravan is smaller than FOX claims it is, that people are peeling off to apply for asylum in Mexico) for the past week. The only thing that's changed is what right wing media wants to use it for, and now their meme is "mighty President Trump stopped the onrushing invaders!"

It is funny how unless a far right wing source tells you something, you don't believe it. Remarkable how easy it is for them to manipulate you.

mfrese

Here's a preview of today's coverage of the caravan from "Fox and Friends", purporting to be actual video from the inside of the teeming mass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMsf-ruD80M

Oh crap... next thing you know, Trump will invade San Franci... I mean Mordor

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpn_m6xAa7q/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

If I were American, as I am a good catholic, I would make sure the people from this caravan seek asylum in my country, to keep them safe from the Mexican rapists, criminals and drug dealers
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

If I were American, as I am a good catholic, I would make sure the people from this caravan seek asylum in my country, to keep them safe from the Mexican rapists, criminals and drug dealers

You are thinking like Left Wing Jesus.

Right Wing Jesus would light 'em up. Who do they think they are to defile the great United States of America? They are poor, dirty and brown! Like Left Wing Jesus was.