johnhking1

Pete "EMHO" Crosby

Pete "EMHO" Crosby passed away on September 2, 2018.
I don't know the exact dates but he worked for Bob Sinclair in California during the 1960's. He was also part of a skydiving operation in Shinglehouse PA, just south of Olean, NY. In the 1970's he was at Frontier Skydivers in Wilson, NY, north of Buffalo, NY. In the 1980's he started coming to Finger Lakes Skydivers in Ovid, NY. He had been out of skydiving for a few years but got back into the sport. He ended up living at the DZ, packing and shooting video for a number of years. He had his own cabin on the Airport, the "EMHO" Hut. During the winter he would head south to Zephyrhills Skydiving Center when George and Betty owned it then to Lake Wales when they moved. His last jump was a tandem at Finger Lakes Skydivers, can't remember what year, early 2000's. That fall, he went to Palatka, Florida and lived in a motel until he had a stroke around 2013. After that he was at the Crestwood Nursing Center. He had a dry sense of humor, I remember we had a big furry cat at the DZ named Mooch. My wife rescued a bunch of kittens, they were eating and Mooch went over and was licking them on the
head. Someone said "look, Mooch is licking them", EMHO replied in a dry under tone voice, "he is just tasting them". I visited him in Florida in March of this year, he was the same old EMHO and glad to see me.
Not many people know where he got the nickname "EMHO" but those who do will smile when they remember.
He will be missed.
John King, former owner of Finger Lakes Skydivers

When EMHO started coming out to Finger Lakes Skydivers in the 1980's, he was living at the VA Center in Canandaigua, NY.

He told me that he used to walk over to the County Court House and just sit in the gallery and watch what was going on.

After he had been there a number of times, the judge was hearing a case and looked out into the gallery and saw EMHO sitting there.

The judge said to EMHO, "You have been here a number of times, what do you think of this case".  I guess it is one of the many EMHO stories.