Phil1111

American missionary killed, Hero, Evolution at work?

motionscribe

Right, and many may die. Maybe next time they will have learned not to kill the white man on impulse, but rather hear him out.

You are correct, their lives don't matter. Just remember, neither does yours or your loved ones then.

Yep, so says secular humanism
So what's your excuse for not caring about their lives?

and your god of evolution.

You keep saying that as if you think it's clever. What does it mean?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

motionscribe

Right, and many may die. Maybe next time they will have learned not to kill the white man on impulse, but rather hear him out.

You are correct, their lives don't matter. Just remember, neither does yours or your loved ones then.

Yep, so says secular humanism and your god of evolution.

So say those who would believe that some god will grant eternal life to those who obey. If eternity awaits material life is meaningless. I do not believe in isms of any kind and evolution is not a subject to worship. I do not think like you do about this stuff. That's why you can't understand. There are no answers no matter how hard you believe. The only beauty we have to behold is the questions.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

jakee

Yep, so says secular humanism
So what's your excuse for not caring about their lives?

I don't have one. I would probably just let them be, but IIRC God ain't coming back till everyone knows about Jesus.

jakee

and your god of evolution.

You keep saying that as if you think it's clever. What does it mean?

Obviously not clever. Just means that nothing really matters, does it?

I don't have one. I would probably just let them be,

And would your god have anything to say about it either way?

Just means that nothing really matters, does it?

Only if you choose not to put any value on the lives and experiences of other people. I don't know why you've made that choice, but evolution doesn't command you to do it any more than any other physical process demands that you do it.

You might as well say that you don't care whether those tribesmen live or die because of the god of gravity.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I don't have one. I would probably just let them be, but IIRC God ain't coming back till everyone knows about Jesus.

Then you guys are out of luck.
The topic of this thread is a perfect example.
Not every human on the planet will have access to the secret decoder rings, and some will always refute it as utter nonsense.

Great. We're stuck with this insanity for all time.
:D:D:D

That is the scariest thing I've heard from a religious person in a long time. This is the fundamentalist thinking that I fear. Anything can be justified for the of goal of bringing on the end times. The fucking christians control the fucking H-bombs.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

motionscribe

***That is the scariest thing I've heard from a religious person in a long time.

lol dude, maybe you're just paranoid?

Take it with a grain of salt.

I'm not worried about what you may do. But I am always on guard over what people with similar beliefs may do. And, if you or Ron had the power to make it so, I believe you would gladly turn your country into a religious based state.

gowlerk

******That is the scariest thing I've heard from a religious person in a long time.

I'm not worried about what you may do. But I am always on guard over what people with similar beliefs may do. And, if you or Ron had the power to make it so, I believe you would gladly turn your country into a religious based state.

:D

You people are nuts. Fuck this place. Have fun guys. . .

>Right, and many may die. Maybe next time they will have learned not to kill the white
>man on impulse, but rather hear him out.

>Evolution and all that. . .

Not quite.

Tribe 1 welcomes the white man with open arms. Within six months they are all dead of diptheria.

Tribe 2 welcomes the white man with open arms. Within six months they are all dead of measles.

Tribe 3 is ornery, and kills the white man on sight. They all survive. Their descendants move into the areas vacated by tribes 1 and 2.

Now all tribes kill the white man on sight, and so survive. Evolution in action.

gowlerk

******That is the scariest thing I've heard from a religious person in a long time.

That is a negative on my part. Jesus will establish a theocracy when He returns for His millennial reign. That is His job not mine.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Jesus will establish a theocracy when He returns for His millennial reign. That is His job not mine.

As long as you are willing to wait for His arrival I'm just fine with that. But I'm not so fine with people looking for "signs" of mayhem and encouraging it thinking that will help to bring on the event.

gowlerk

Jesus will establish a theocracy when He returns for His millennial reign. That is His job not mine.

As long as you are willing to wait for His arrival I'm just fine with that. But I'm not so fine with people looking for "signs" of mayhem and encouraging it thinking that will help to bring on the event.

I don't think you meant that to sound as though you believe people's thoughts should be governed. It does come across that way though.

What bothers me and my kind is that we believe that thought control is within the realm of the progressive liberal agenda.

That is why we attack political correctness.

Now back to our OP.

Missionaries going to primitive lands to minister and to teach. For some, it is the ultimate adventure. I knew a husband and wife that gave up skydiving because it lacked....
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I don't think you meant that to sound as though you believe people's thoughts should be governed. It does come across that way though.

What bothers me and my kind is that we believe that thought control is within the realm of the progressive liberal agenda.

That may be your fear, but as far as I can see it is groundless. Thoughts can of course never be governed. It is beyond me that the right sees itself as the champions of freedom. Conservatism is and has always represented repression of anyone not conforming.

RonD1120

That is why we attack political correctness.

I don't see it as promoting 'thought control.'

I see it as opposing people 'encouraging mayhem', people who make it a practice of seeing signs of "SHTF", and actually hoping for it and taking steps to help it along.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo