Phil1111

Troops at U.S. Border to Cost About $210 Million

gowlerk

Why are you now so against what got you to where you are?

I'm sure we already know this but the US doesn't want to become a predominantly latin country.

Well, unless the traditional white European population gets busy all of a sudden the nation is going to become more Latin. The alternatives include more Oriental or more Mulsim. Ya pays yer money and ya makes yer choyce.

Will there be karaoke?
Confirmed cynical sarcastic bastard since 2003

SkyDekker

There is a process to be followed and requirements to be met. Go through that, welcome to America and all it has to offer.

And what exactly is that process for non-wealthy brown people?

No idea. I'd suggest you go down to the US/Canada border and ask the immigration officer there. Seeing as how Canada doesn't accept asylum claims from petitioners crossing US to Canada at the ports of entry (and vice-versa per agreements between our two countries) I'm not sure you'll like the answer.

No idea.

so your suggestion is that they follow the process, without knowing if there is a process, or if it is in any way a viable process.

Basically your answer is: I don't care as long as brown people don't get into the country. We already know through your unfailing support of Trump, that you have absolutely no problem with the illegal immigration of white women willing to show their tits.

SkyDekker

No idea.

so your suggestion is that they follow the process, without knowing if there is a process, or if it is in any way a viable process.

Basically your answer is: I don't care as long as brown people don't get into the country. We already know through your unfailing support of Trump, that you have absolutely no problem with the illegal immigration of white women willing to show their tits.

Not my department. USCIS handles the six million work Visa applications that are filled every year, as well as all the other types.

Some people just can't discuss the subject of immigration without breaking it down to race. These people tend to be leftist progressives covering for their own inherent extreme racism. I don't care what color they are provided they get the stamp.

Never claimed to be an 'unfailing Trump supporter' never acted like one. Trump sticks a thorn in some paws and throws others in a face melting rage. You appear to be one of them. That tickles me a bit, so by all means continue dancing for my amusement, puppet.

I'm more of an ass-man in my old age, thank you.

And that's it folks, time to head out. You've all been great. Continue on, I will pop back in when I next require entertainment.

I don't care what color they are provided they get the stamp.

Except you have no clue how to get the stamp or if there is a different level of difficulty for people to get this stamp.

It's the mental version of sticking your fingers in your ear and screaming lalalalalalalalalalalala

>And what exactly is that process for non-wealthy brown people?

Here is what the process is supposed to be:

Come to the US.

Apply for asylum. You have to be in the US to apply. You can either present yourself at an airport, seaport, or border crossing or just fill out and mail in Form I-589. You can do this if you are here legally or illegally, and you have one year to do it. If you are here illegally and are granted asylum, there is no penalty for illegal border crossing.

If no decision has been made in 150 days, you can apply for a work permit via a Form I-765. You can then work until a decision is made.

Here is what the process really is for poor people:

Show up at the border. "Sorry, border is closed for you."

Get across illegally. File for asylum while remaining in hiding. Hope it is granted, because then you become legal. Be very good at hiding, because nowadays the INS will actually wait outside immigration offices and snag people who are coming in for their interviews.

SkyDekker

I don't care what color they are provided they get the stamp.

Except you have no clue how to get the stamp or if there is a different level of difficulty for people to get this stamp.

It's the mental version of sticking your fingers in your ear and screaming lalalalalalalalalalalala

Ok, fine. Since you insist on being a pain in the ass, and I'm still working on my first beer at the pub, here:

If your country of origin is part of the VWP, you generally don't need a stamp to visit the US.

If not and you are coming for business, you generally apply for a B-1. For tourism, medical, family visit and other purposes, generally apply for a B-2.

For student or employment purposes, there are several different types depending on what you want to do.

For traversing the US to another country, such as Canada where you can get flat turned away at the border because they do not accept asylum applications when crossing from the US, there's another one that I don't care to look up.

For asylum file an I-589 at the port of entry or within one year of entry into the US. To app as a refugee file same at a consulted not in your home country.

In any case, be prepared to wait. USCIS receives about six million work Visa applications (only) per year on top of all the other stuff.

All of this could be obtained either from the USCIS/DHS/State department website or from the US Embassy in whichever country you chose to file your applications.

And now, back to beer.

SkyDekker

For asylum file an I-589 at the port of entry or within one year of entry into the US.

But if you close the border and don't give them access to a point of entry, how exactly are they supposed to do that?

I was not aware that the crossing in Tijuana had been closed, nor will it be closed unless groups of people continue trying to crash it like a bunch of teenage girls at a boy-band concert.

Bear in mind, of course, that five thousand plus applicants DID all decide to show at the same place at the same time. And, on a good day, it takes US passport holders three hours (without global entry) to walk across the border from Tijuana without bags (and that was back in 2013.)

Now, since I have other things to do, and you remind me of a former coworker of mine who would absolutely refuse to give up an argument until one person collapsed from exhaustion, you may claim whatever tiny little victory you choose to finally allow yourself that itty-bitty pat on the back. May it fill your ego and self-esteem to overflowing.

https://imgflip.com/i/2nsidf

>I was not aware that the crossing in Tijuana had been closed, nor will it be closed unless
>groups of people continue trying to crash it like a bunch of teenage girls at a boy-band
>concert.

That is a Trump strategy - to claim a port of entry is closed to refugees because X. (i.e. they are all criminals, too many people, understaffed, past our "quota" etc.)

Imagine how you would feel if you showed up to the DMV one day to renew your registration because of some stupid bureaucratic snafu, and then you were told "We're closed! We're not going to deal with this crowd; you're like a bunch of teenage girls at a boy-band concert." I suspect your reaction would not be "oh well, I didn't really need to use that truck anyway." And that's just a truck, not the fate of your family on the line.

>Bear in mind, of course, that five thousand plus applicants DID all decide to show at the
>same place at the same time. And, on a good day, it takes US passport holders three
>hours (without global entry) to walk across the border from Tijuana without bags
>(and that was back in 2013.)

Huh. It took us about 20 minutes without global entry. And that was with a few bottles of tequila. But then again, we were all white.

DanG

The problem is the lack of legal process. Unless you're a billionaire, a scientist, or fucking a billionaire there is almost no way to immigrate legally.

Not true. Speaking as someone who's done it legally.

It cost me about 8 years and just under $10k. the paperwork wasn't actually that complicated and I could have done it myself but chose to go through a lawyer. The total government fees probably aren't more than about $4k for various visas, green cards and finally citizenship.

You DO have to prove that you're not a financial burden though. Immigration was much more interested in what my sponsor (in my case my wife) was earning rather than me, which I thought was interesting.

SkyDekker

No idea.

There are legal avenues for immigration. Iago doesn't need to know exactly what those processes are to suggest people follow them, so your retort is a bit unfair. Why would he need to know the details? He's already a citizen.

However, there are relatively few for unskilled people with no ties to the US... THAT'S what you're disagreeing about I suspect.

yoink

No idea.

There are legal avenues for immigration. Iago doesn't need to know exactly what those processes are to suggest people follow them, so your retort is a bit unfair. Why would he need to know the details? He's already a citizen.

However, there are relatively few for unskilled people with no ties to the US... THAT'S what you're disagreeing about I suspect.

And the truly ironic part about that is that we currently need 'unskilled' workers.
Entry level labor, food service, domestic staff (hotels & resorts); all of those areas are desperately short of workers.
There are a couple of restaurants local to me (including the area's oldest pizza place) that are currently closed due to staff shortages.

Edit to add:

It isn't 'unfair' to point out that there is virtually no way for an unskilled person of little means from Central America to apply for entry.

So many people claim that the people in the 'caravan' should enter the country legally.
But they can't. There's NO other way for them to enter.
To say 'do it legally' is basically saying "Don't do it" or "I'm too ignorant to know that they cannot do it any other way."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

yoink

No idea.

I and others have made numerous posts in SC with regards to what the Canadian immigration application procedure is. He made several wrong statements with regards to how the US is different from Canada. Re posting the same articles again and again is fundamentally a waste of time.

Currently there is a very limited debate in Canada with regards to the cost of processing US/Canada border immigrants without visas.

Immediate action needed to stop 'irregular migration,' MP Harold Albrecht says
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/mp-albrecht-irregular-migration-1.4925706

"Kitchener-Conestoga MP Harold Albrecht says more needs to be done to "halt irregular migration" into Canada....

Irregular migrants are defined as migrants who cross the border between official ports of entry.

The report said the average cost for each "irregular migrant" who entered Canada in the last year was $14,321 for a total cost to Canada of $340 million, and it's expected to grow to $16,666 per person in 2019-2020, or $396 million, due to case backlog. ...

the MP for Kitchener-Conestoga. He says he has personally housed refugees and believes it's not right for irregular border crossers to be given priority over asylum seekers and immigrants who follow the proper channels...

"I'm all for immigration, I'm all for resettling refugees, especially privately sponsored," he added.

"I personally have housed refugees in my home, helped them find housing, helped them find OHIP coverage. All of these things are important to me personally, and to my community."

But, he said, it's not appropriate for "irregular, or I'm going to say illegal border crossers to be given the priority that they're currently being given, and then expecting the average Canadian to foot the bill for this when they're not even going through the regular channels."

Immigrants who go through regular channels are indignant with regards to the expense, delays,BS that they are forced to contend with. As compared to the "illegals" who cause expense from the second that they cross the border. On average its 12-18 months to completely deal with a 'irregular migration,' application. So basically its about $1k per month in cost.

This dosn't account for the wages the applicant makes during their wait. Most find about 6-8 months of employment during the wait.

Most have their applications refused.With deportation orders a result. Since they had previously worked in the US. Aren't subject to persecution in the US. There are many educated, skills qualified, applicants arriving through regular channels.

yoink

No idea.

Just send Buy Genuine/Fame Passport guy to Tijuana. He can do it!

yoink

***The problem is the lack of legal process. Unless you're a billionaire, a scientist, or fucking a billionaire there is almost no way to immigrate legally.

Not true. Speaking as someone who's done it legally.

It cost me about 8 years and just under $10k. the paperwork wasn't actually that complicated and I could have done it myself but chose to go through a lawyer. The total government fees probably aren't more than about $4k for various visas, green cards and finally citizenship.

You DO have to prove that you're not a financial burden though. Immigration was much more interested in what my sponsor (in my case my wife) was earning rather than me, which I thought was interesting.

I asked for the process of non-wealthy people. You then posted about the process for people with sponsors in country willing to support, telling me how unfair I am.

SkyDekker

I asked for the process of non-wealthy people. You then posted about the process for people with sponsors in country willing to support, telling me how unfair I am.

You said to Iago:

"so your suggestion is that they follow the process, without knowing if there is a process, or if it is in any way a viable process.

Basically your answer is: I don't care as long as brown people don't get into the country. "

I think expecting someone who has no need to go through a process to understand the details of it is an unfair expectation.

Saying immigrants 'should go through the process' is (IMO) a fair basic comment if someone doesn't understand the problem associated with it.

A 'fair' reply should have been the discussion of WHY the process isn't applicable or doesn't work rather than simply deriding him for not knowing that from the start.

A: 'They should go through the process'
B: 'Ideally yes, but it doesn't work because X, Y & Z' is a more reasonable discussion than

B: 'You're stupid and probably racist for not knowing that they can't!'

yoink

You said to Iago:

"so your suggestion is that they follow the process, without knowing if there is a process, or if it is in any way a viable process.

Basically your answer is: I don't care as long as brown people don't get into the country. "

I think expecting someone who has no need to go through a process to understand the details of it is an unfair expectation.

Saying immigrants 'should go through the process' is (IMO) a fair basic comment if someone doesn't understand the problem associated with it.

A 'fair' reply should have been the discussion of WHY the process isn't applicable or doesn't work rather than simply deriding him for not knowing that from the start.

B: 'Ideally yes, but it doesn't work because X, Y & Z' is a more reasonable discussion than

B: 'You're stupid and probably racist for not knowing that they can't!'

No.

I asked:

And what exactly is that process for non-wealthy brown people?

I guess expecting you to read the first question is unfair too.....

yoink

I'm not getting into this. We'll go round in circles.

Iago said: they just need to follow process
I asked: what is the process
He said: no idea

You said: him not knowing the process doesn't mean he doesn't care.

---------------

When you see a problem and your reaction is: they just need to follow process. When you are then questioned what that process is and you answer: no idea. Then you simply don't care about the problem.

You started at the mid-point of that conversation. I pointed you to the start of the conversation for context. You refused and argued again. I will indeed then once again point to the start of the conversation for context.