1 1
synthia331

Boogie in Maldives

During the winter months in Europe, I feel that people are looking to jump in other countries with beautiful weather such as Maldives.

Presently in Maldives we are jumping out of a Seneca that can carry upto 5 jumpers per load.

www.skydivingmaldives.com

We would like to organise a boogie from 1 March to 15 March 2019.

If we have enough traction for the boogie, we would be more than willing to bring in a C208.

There is a direct flight into Gan International Airport (where our DZ is located) from Sri Lanka. All skydivers planning to attend this event will have to fly into Sri Lanka (from Europe, USA, or Australia).

Sri Lanka to Gan Airport (in Maldives) - flight cost is $300 USD
Jump ticket cost is $43 USD
Accommodation ranges from $50 USD per night to $5000 USD per night, depending on the luxury in which you would like to indulge upon.

Please let me know if this idea would be of interest to anyone here?

Your web page has expired BTW. As of Jan 1st it has been off line. Not a good sign as it is a week past that date and you still have not fixed or noticed the problem.

A 5 person jump ship would cause no end of headache for a boogie and people would not pay the $$$ to come to that. A Cessna Caravan is a different story as long as you can control the number of people attending. An African boogie with 400+ people showing up because of a dirt cheap boogie registration fee and a sub standard jumpship is a #1 route to failure. Its been tried BTW. Charge a good boogie registration price, limit the boogie to 100 jumpers MAXIMUM and give lots of prior notice so people can book time off work and plan for flights. Jan/Feb/Mar is winter time to travel. Summer time people stay home in the warm weather they have at home for free.

Good Luck. I would go with the above conditions met so count me in.

On 1/9/2019 at 9:17 AM, goobersnuftda said:

Your web page has expired BTW. As of Jan 1st it has been off line. Not a good sign as it is a week past that date and you still have not fixed or noticed the problem.

A 5 person jump ship would cause no end of headache for a boogie and people would not pay the $$$ to come to that. A Cessna Caravan is a different story as long as you can control the number of people attending. An African boogie with 400+ people showing up because of a dirt cheap boogie registration fee and a sub standard jumpship is a #1 route to failure. Its been tried BTW. Charge a good boogie registration price, limit the boogie to 100 jumpers MAXIMUM and give lots of prior notice so people can book time off work and plan for flights. Jan/Feb/Mar is winter time to travel. Summer time people stay home in the warm weather they have at home for free.

Good Luck. I would go with the above conditions met so count me in.

Thanks for this valuable post. The website is back online now, it was down due to some a server error which is now fixed. We are presently planning our next boogie with a Caravan and will reveal details shortly.