stan0r

Vector 348 (DOM 2018) with smart 150 (DOM 2012)

Hi guys,

so a few days ago I bought from someone a vector 348 from 2018, with zero jumps, together with a smart 150 reserve from 2012. I was quite happy because I thought I made a great deal but when I contacted my local parachute technician, he told me that the smart 150 would be to small for the vector 348. I took a look in the UPT sizing chart and saw that the smart 150 is listed there as standard fitting for the 348. Now I'am a bit puzzled. Does maybe someone jumps this configuration or have experience with the Vector 348?

I personally find UPT's sizing chart to be spot on only in regards to PD reserves. Everything else there is way off.
If we look at the V348, we see a Techno 155 and a PDR 160 listed as standard. In reality Techno 155 packs smaller than PDR143. And then is Speed 170 listed as "full", but it actually pack smaller than a Techno 155.
The best way is to try it!
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Yes, I already compared the volume of the different reserves in the sizing chart and was a bit confused about the wide range. Probably there is no way around in just trying, but I thought it would be nice if someone could confirm that its possible.