StreetScooby

Skydiving Formations Book...

I've seen a skydiving formations book that contains formations for 4-way, 6-way, etc. Anyone know where I can find a copy of this? RWTrainer already has a 4-way section. I'm looking to put together "general" dives so I can organize at my dropzone (not necessarily 4-way or 8-way or 16-way, all of which are contained in RWTrainer).
We are all engines of karma

I bought one, I think it is the one you are referring to that you saw, at my home dz gear store,square one. It has formations from 2 ways all the up to 16 way and everything in between. I use it when I organize and need to get creative, with odd number groups, and just want to think outside the box.

StreetScooby

Yes, that is the book I'm talking about. I'll give Square One a call. Thanks!

This subject is beat to death in many prior posts, IMO sometimes it pays to do a search.

USPA has in the Comp manual probably what yo need.

I also have heard that on the internet this book is "available."

Not that I'm promoting copying something that is still earning royalties BUT purchasing a Xerox, well what do we call THAT?

Anyways this is another area that the lack of leadership from the organization that is allegedly promoting skydiving has fallen short.

Instead of a standardized well publicized USPA book, we again have a hodgepodge of opinions and derision everywhere. ALL to the detriment of the foundation of skydiving and again perpetrated by the inactivity and laxity of the very organization purportedly claiming to support same.

Perhaps "they" are too busy gilding busts of themselves for display in their new museum.?????

And of course thay have only had the last 50 years to do better,...

Shameful IMO
Brett Bickford Did Not Commit Suicide.

He is the victim of ignorance and faulty gear. AND as in the movie: "12 Angry Men," of an ignorant and callous jury.

You must be Schizophrenic!!!! You make no sense. I own the book he is referring to. It is merely a book written by an experienced formation skydiver with pages of possible/ popular formations from 2 ways up to 16 ways for people who might not have a vast knowledge of possible formations, to be able to engineer jumps that add variety and a challenge. It has nothing to do with the sim or any training literature. I am an LO at my home DZ and it is very helpful at times and I sent him a copy. Your a kook.

benlangfeld

This is the book, I believe. Not sure where it’s for sale.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XJ6A44/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IO3hCbJSD6YNQ

Thanks Ben,...
Yes that's just one of the more popular ones.

And some of you , AGAIN, might ask who is making a buck off of this.

He is the victim of ignorance and faulty gear. AND as in the movie: "12 Angry Men," of an ignorant and callous jury.

tikl68

You must be Schizophrenic!!!! You make no sense. I own the book he is referring to. It is merely a book written by an experienced formation skydiver with pages of possible/ popular formations from 2 ways up to 16 ways for people who might not have a vast knowledge of possible formations, to be able to engineer jumps that add variety and a challenge. It has nothing to do with the sim or any training literature. I am an LO at my home DZ and it is very helpful at times and I sent him a copy. Your a kook.

I was refeeering to Chapter 9 of the SCM.

Do you know what the SCM is?

It is also free and on the internet.

Problem is every time I post a link to some real, verifiable, and free information some moderator deletes it.

Something about posting links is wrong. Hey don't blame me for the issues the mods create,...I'm just trying to help someone out who asked a question.

As far as Truffers Book, more than a few people makin some coin off it by copyining it and NOT sending the family the cash.

Yes that is it. But when you are at the DZ and trying to organize, I would rather have a book that is less sensitive to dirt and dust, and not have to carry around my phone or some other type of expensive electronic device to get damaged or lost.

tikl68

Yes that is it. But when you are at the DZ and trying to organize, I would rather have a book that is less sensitive to dirt and dust, and not have to carry around my phone or some other type of expensive electronic device to get damaged or lost.

Yes, I know, I was just trying to help identify the title/author.