obelixtim

Colonopoly?

Who thinks this shit up?

A new game in the pipeline requires the player to swallow a sensor. Forbes.com says Guts Game requires two players to each swallow a 20mm-long, FDA-cleared, single-use sensor (originally developed to monitor people in extreme environments, such as firefighters and soldiers).
Here's how the game works: "Participants can then rack up points by changing their body's core temperature via hot or cold showers, ingesting liquids of varying temperatures, eating spicy food, and exercising. The sensor ideally transmits information every 10 seconds to a CorTemp receiver as it travels through the players' digestive tracts, though there can be time lags in the reporting. The game ends when the sensor is excreted from one player's body — after about 24-36 hours — and the points they earned while the sensor was inside them are tallied up."

My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Next fun game will prolly be "who can lose the most blood".

I can't see how repeatedly rapidly raising and cooling your core body temperature can be healthy.

The Darwin gene is strong in some idiots.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

obelixtim

Who thinks this shit up?

A new game in the pipeline requires the player to swallow a sensor. Forbes.com says Guts Game requires two players to each swallow a 20mm-long, FDA-cleared, single-use sensor (originally developed to monitor people in extreme environments, such as firefighters and soldiers).
Here's how the game works: "Participants can then rack up points by changing their body's core temperature via hot or cold showers, ingesting liquids of varying temperatures, eating spicy food, and exercising. The sensor ideally transmits information every 10 seconds to a CorTemp receiver as it travels through the players' digestive tracts, though there can be time lags in the reporting. The game ends when the sensor is excreted from one player's body — after about 24-36 hours — and the points they earned while the sensor was inside them are tallied up."

Might as well micro chip yourselves. Morons
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

A sure way to win: high altitude mountain climbing.

We knew that climbers' core temperatures were likely to vary, but the large variations in John Grunsfeld's core temperature surprised all of us. During periods of heavy exertion, his core temperature rose as high as 103°F. And when he stopped to rest in the bone-chilling winds, his core temperature plummeted as low as 95.5°F—just a fraction of a degree away from hypothermia, the state in which the body's vital organs begin to shut down. We were originally suspicious of a recording artifact or error, but later discussions with cold physiologists confirmed that the fluctuations we witnessed were certainly possible.

Start reading at the section titled "TAKING THE PILL": https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/denali/core.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.