angryelf

Up Jumping on Oahu

Looking at going to HI this December and planning on bringing a rig. Of the three DZ's on Dillingham which one is most fun jump friendly?

Is there camping/crash space available near the airport at reasonable rates?

Is it possible to rent a 172, piper, etc. on the field? Or does someone on the field have a recommendation?

Any chance a DZ would need a drogue tossed, AFFI or video shot to help offset cost of getting there?

Any info appreciated!

-Harry
"Sometimes you eat the bar,
and well-sometimes the bar eats you..."

It's been a lot of years since I jumped there-brought my rig on a vaca. A beautiful place to jump, especially wingsuiting! A question for the folk that know the current situation.
When I was there (jumping at Skydive Hawaii) I tried to talk to folk about getting together both planes from the two DZs for some bigger formation jumps.
I was looked at like I was crazy....and overheard some not so nice things being said....
So is it still kind of contentious between the DZs? Or better now?

I tried to talk to folk about getting together both planes from the two DZs for some bigger formation jumps.
I was looked at like I was crazy....and overheard some not so nice things being said....

We did a formation load when Max passed. It was one of the most civil times I remember from Dillingham
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.