wilcox

Getting an American skydiving license?

Does anyone know what I would need to do to get an American skydiving license?

I've had a license for many years in Europe, but now I'm moving to the US. I don't currently have a license though, so I don't know have an active license to convert.

I could renew a license here, but it seems a bit unnecessary when I don't intend to use it here. So I'd rather get an American license right away.

What would you say if I showed up at your dropzone with this question? Do you have any suggestions for web pages with information?

A foreign or military jumper who is pursuing a USPA license must meet with a USPA Instructor, Instructor Examiner or Safety and Training Advisor for help with the license application. A USPA rating holder must verify each requirement by examining the jumper’s log books to identify the date and/or jump number for each item on the USPA license application. The jumper may not have to complete any jumps with an instructor if that jumper has already met and appropriately logged all the requirements. The license candidate must complete with an instructor any skills that the logbook entries do not verify. In addition to the skill requirements, the license candidate must complete all the appropriate license exams. As an example, a foreign or military jumper with more than 500 jumps may apply for a USPA D license. That jumper will need an A-License Proficiency Card or A-License Progression Card, Canopy Piloting Proficiency Card and the B- through D-license applications, all completed and signed.

Also if you are just visiting https://uspa.org/Membership/Individual-Membership