KrisS

December weather Algarve

Hi,

Long shot, but I’m wondering if anyone has spent much time jumping in the Algarve in December. I know weather is unpredictable but I’m planning on jumping there for 12 days or so and just worry about the weather, I don’t want to be sat around all day most days. I imagine if the wind pics up even mildly I won’t be able to jump because I only hold an A licence.

As always any advice regardless of its delivery is appreciated!

I jumped there for 2 weeks not long ago. It's not december but one thing was they were quick to limit who could jump based on strength of wind and jump numbers.

Thankfully mornings were calm and it would slowly pick up through mid day and slow down. Low jump number people would often get grounded for an hour or two like around 2-3 then it would start to calm down and it was ok to jump to sunset.

My advice would be to stick it out and be patient if its windy enough for them to ground some people. It usually dies down after an hour or two. If it's cloudy that is a different story. If you get really bored waiting though the hotels and other food choices are really close by.

Hope that helps some :)

Hi Kris

It’s probably the best place in Europe to jump in December.

As the other reply said they have weather holds due to the wind - being on the coast but near mountains the thermic winds build up as the day gets warmer so get there early - don’t wander in at 11am and find you missed the first few loads that had no student hold.

Blue skies