baronn

BOD election 2018

I waited till now to vote. I was hoping some of the candidates mite come on here and state their position and what they would want to do in the future. Few did. My RD ran unopposed. I chose 7 from the list and I wrote in another.

Let's hope some of them came on here and heard some of the members concerns and will choose a direction that reflects those views. And for Heaven's sake, Shit can paying for the museum with members money.

baronn

Let's hope some of them came on here and heard some of the members concerns and will choose a direction that reflects those views. And for Heaven's sake, Shit can paying for the museum with members money.

If they were not motivated enough to come on here when they were running, why would you think they would after they won?

normiss

Why would anyone think this forum has any relation to USPA leadership in any way?

Only because a few of us participate here, (somewhat successfully I think.) Others will never participate because they do not want anyone to challenge them with questions.

peek

***Why would anyone think this forum has any relation to USPA leadership in any way?

Only because a few of us participate here, (somewhat successfully I think.) Others will never participate because they do not want anyone to challenge them with questions.

Or, like most USPA members they don't even have accounts here.

Even if they don't come on here, have you ever called your RD and expressed your concerns or thoughts on the direction USPA is going? Would he/she give you the time of day?

Our RD is always available by phone and stops by the local DZs every year. I feel like I can always call him up and give my viewpoint. I called him last week and told him I was concerned about Airport Access in general and what USPA is doing on a Macro level.
=========Shaun ==========

peek

***Why would anyone think this forum has any relation to USPA leadership in any way?

In general this website is not a good indicator of the skydiving community as a whole. In general most people think this place is insane.

LeeroyJenkins

******Why would anyone think this forum has any relation to USPA leadership in any way?

In general this website is not a good indicator of the skydiving community as a whole. In general most people think this place is insane.

This. It's largely an echo chamber in a lot of cases, with a few people dominating each of the boards. Years and years ago, it seemed to have a lot broader appeal; now I only know a handful of people who regularly read it.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

LeeroyJenkins

I agree. But lacking any better public forum for discussion of skydiving and USPA issues, I will at least give it a shot here. I actually learn a lot here.

When I ask skydivers why they don't come here they usually say something like, "Dropzone forums are all bullshit" or something like that. I usually suggest that if they would participate in discussions, then there will be that much less bullshit!

(FYI, the only thing that really bothers me about some discussions is that people change topics in the middle of a discussion and try to "pile on". This makes it difficult to complete a discussion.)

peek

***In general this website is not a good indicator of the skydiving community as a whole. In general most people think this place is insane.

I agree. But lacking any better public forum for discussion of skydiving and USPA issues, I will at least give it a shot here. I actually learn a lot here.

When I ask skydivers why they don't come here they usually say something like, "Dropzone forums are all bullshit" or something like that. I usually suggest that if they would participate in discussions, then there will be that much less bullshit!

(FYI, the only thing that really bothers me about some discussions is that people change topics in the middle of a discussion and try to "pile on". This makes it difficult to complete a discussion.)

I hear that a lot. Not just about skydiving either. In any sport, it's often that I hear 'forums are shit', ect, ect. Well, there is a lot of crap talking for sure. That's easily promoted when you're anonomous. But there is lots of crap talking in person around the bonfire too. It's not much different sitting at the LZ waiting for the plane to pick up. People complaining about how the DZ is too expensive, the USPA sucks, whatever, whatever.

You can ignore the BS if you want to and only focus on the educational portions. There is tons of info that can be learned from the Internet. You can get a much more broad range of consensus, opinions and options from the Internet than you can at just your DZ (which may have just one or two riggers who have always been doing it 'that certain way.')