DBCOOPER

Support for the Skydiving Museum with USPA membership funds

skyfox2007

Wow, I don't even know what to say to your previous comment.

Bottom line, any financial transaction (non-investment sale) in this country requires one of two things on part of a seller, per US consumer law:

1. The good or service I paid for
2. A full refund

The money that I pay USPA is NOT an investment. So no, technically they can't use my money to investigate a potential project. The decision to dump an annual sum into this "future" museum amounts to nothing less than robbing USPA members of a few dollars that would most certainly be better spent promoting our sport in other, more feasible ways.

hahaha, I hope there is no way you actually believe it works that way.

skyfox2007

Wow, I don't even know what to say to your previous comment.

Bottom line, any financial transaction (non-investment sale) in this country requires one of two things on part of a seller, per US consumer law:

1. The good or service I paid for
2. A full refund

The money that I pay USPA is NOT an investment. So no, technically they can't use my money to investigate a potential project. The decision to dump an annual sum into this "future" museum amounts to nothing less than robbing USPA members of a few dollars that would most certainly be better spent promoting our sport in other, more feasible ways.

I take it you have never purchased a house.

skyfox2007

The decision to dump an annual sum into this "future" museum amounts to nothing less than robbing USPA members of a few dollars that would most certainly be better spent promoting our sport in other, more feasible ways.

What I hear you saying is that it would be okay to rob USPA members of a few dollars to promote the sport in ways you prefer. Is that right?

--Mark

It's really Amazing that when someone expresses an opinion about the ISMHOF and says they don't agree with the way the Project (if you can even call it that), has been handled so far, they are immediately accused of having another way to spend members funds. The project was NEVER suppose to be funded by the USPA. Saying that it is going to promote our sport is like saying folks visiting the national air and space museum are gonna become astronauts. Now, before all the critics jump in here, yes, there is the possibility that that has or will happen but, lets' face facts, it's rare. A person visiting this museum (IF it ever actually gets done), is gonna suddenly realize that they can make a skydive is beyond a stretch. It's nothing but a pipedream at this point. All of us somehow became jumpers without it. The USPA donating approximately 1% of the Estimated cost to the ISMHOF and is suddenly going to get it completed is a farce. 46 yrs, no plans, no site selected, no start date, no completion date, an unrealistic game plan and the best person in the world to have been able to help get this done is now gone. Pursuing the same failed actions as in the past will yield the same results in the future. Total Failure

hahaha, I hope there is no way you actually believe it works that way.

Since you claim to be an expert in these matters, why don't you tell the rest of us how it actually does work? And while yer at it, tell us how long a project of this nature shude take.
Try to be specific …..

>Saying that it is going to promote our sport is like saying folks visiting the national air
>and space museum are gonna become astronauts.

And pilots, and mechanics, and aerospace engineers. Which is one reason that such museums exist. From a blurb by the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum:

=================
“The . . exciting addition to our collection of the Oracle Challenger III will help us showcase why aviation is so important to all of our lives,” said Ellen Stofan, the John and Adrienne Mars Director of the National Air and Space Museum. “Sean Tucker’s aircraft will no doubt inspire future pilots and aviation professionals through the story of his amazing career.”
=================

>A person visiting this museum (IF it ever actually gets done), is gonna suddenly realize
>that they can make a skydive is beyond a stretch.

Every time we have a fatality, student starts go up. So yes, people do suddenly realize that they can make a skydive - and they do. They do not do it, of course, because they think they are going to die, as the news report describes. It just makes them think about skydiving and that leads them to pick up the phone. The museum will certainly have a similar effect.

(Note that that does not mean it's worth it - just that it will absolutely have an effect on student starts.)

If yer gonna copy my quote, please include the whole thing. I said that some will be affected when visiting a museum.
Having the museum is a good idea. I've said this from the beginning. What I have also said, is the actions of the past have not gotten the job done and continuing that will result in the same results. Those that are saying the use of members funds for this, don't even realize this. Throwing money at something with "0" accountability is not the answer. Oracle, Red Bull and many others, donate there items to the NA&SM.
Why can't the ISMHOF do the same? Far more visitors than some stand alone museum and with the right support, far cheaper. When I talked to Chris Needles, this was proposed once, then the person at the museum passed away and nobody followed up. Why not?