Westerly

USPA Revoking Memberships?

I was looking at an email the USPA sent out this week. It had a tidbit about revoked memberships and mentioned that someone named Luke Frazier had a revoked USPA membership and tried to sign up again.

Anyway, this is the first time I've seen the USPA actually revoke an entire membership. I've seen revoked ratings, but not sport memberships. This got me curious, what would you have to do for the USPA to revoke your membership entirely?

Westerly

I was looking at an email the USPA sent out this week. It had a tidbit about revoked memberships and mentioned that someone named Luke Frazier had a revoked USPA membership and tried to sign up again.

Anyway, this is the first time I've seen the USPA actually revoke an entire membership. I've seen revoked ratings, but not sport memberships. This got me curious, what would you have to do for the USPA to revoke your membership entirely?

Everything you ever wanted to know about disciplinary actions can be found in the USPA Governance Manual section 1-6, page 24.

https://uspa.org/Portals/0/files/Man_GovMan.pdf
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX
  • Like 1

that's all fine and dandy. The question was, why did this guy get his membership revoked? A random reply helps but, doesn't give any specific info. The USPA did the same thing to the owners of Skyride. They cude afford to defend themselves and did. The USPA lost that in a 22 minute case heard by a federal judge. They agreed to the settlement but only if it remained confidential. Still is to this day

baronn

that's all fine and dandy. The question was, why did this guy get his membership revoked? A random reply helps but, doesn't give any specific info. The USPA did the same thing to the owners of Skyride. They cude afford to defend themselves and did. The USPA lost that in a 22 minute case heard by a federal judge. They agreed to the settlement but only if it remained confidential. Still is to this day

The case you speak of was never heard by a judge, it was settled out of court before it ever got to that point. Have no idea where you got that "22 minute case", never happened.

baronn

They cude afford to defend themselves and did.

Against what? Businesses in America are not required to do business with anyone as long as the reason does not involve race, color, religion or national origin.

ufk22

A former USPA RD had her membership revoked.

Go on?

OK, I've been wrong before. However the USPA did revoke the personal membership of the owners of Skyride and the group membership of Skydive Atlanta. They didn't think that was fair and brought a legal action against the USPA for doing that. The case was made and if it was settled before it went to court, why did the USPA do that? Clearly they didn't think they cude win and so decided to settle. The USPA agreed to a monetary settlement but, ONLY if it was kept confidential. Still a mystery what the settlement was. The BOD continues to say how transparent they are in making decisions that affect the membership, yet continue to make decisions that do and when asked about them turn mum. Why? And let's get back to the original thread, why did this person have their membership revoked?

Westerly

*** They could afford to defend themselves and did.

Against what? Businesses in America are not required to do business with anyone as long as the reason does not involve race, color, religion or national origin.

[

USPA is a lot more than just a 'business'.

This was discussed to death (and beyond) back when it happened.

You can search "Skyride" and find much of the details.

GoGoGadget

Didn't Travis Pastrana get his membership revoked for his no rig stunt?

IIRC, he got a short license suspension (30 days? 6 months? Something like that).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

plenty of memberships have been revoked. some reinstated after appeals and other investigations. But yes, Luke Frazier is a crook. just google his name and Hernando County FL to find his active criminal record. He still is trying to weasel his way into skydiving in Florida and reapplied to USPA by switching his first/middle name, only to be caught and revoked a second time.

He tried to get employment in the industry here, anything he can do to lie his way into the sport and several locations.

He basically forged his entire logbook, we are not sure that he have ever made anything more than a tandem jump and he continues to attempt to work his way into the sport with no experience.

He needs his teeth kicked in is what he really needs. He has managed to dupe several unwitting people who I consider friends. He's a piece of shit.

GoGoGadget wrote:
Didn't Travis Pastrana get his membership revoked for his no rig stunt?

wolfriverjoe wrote:

IIRC, he got a short license suspension (30 days? 6 months? Something like that).

Been on the plane of a USPA group member with him since that incident. It appears Travis has his license now.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.