2 2
Nataly

So sick of the "you are beautiful" message...

(edited)
5 hours ago, Justincblount said:

I did intend to provoke, no question about it. I think what I meant is that women are not only physically and emotionally weaker than men, on average, but also intellectually weaker.

Being married to a very, very smart woman who would think you under the table I thought I'd leave this here:

http://www.aei.org/publication/women-earned-majority-of-doctoral-degrees-in-2017-for-9th-straight-year-and-outnumber-men-in-grad-school-137-to-100-2/

"Women earned majority of doctoral degrees in 2017 for 9th straight year and outnumber men in grad school 137 to 100" (Bold mine)

The only areas where men significantly outnumber women in higher education are physical and computer sciences, and engineering. Every other field is female dominated. Even business is pretty much even.

I'm not sure where you got these beliefs of yours but you're not looking in the right places for data, that's for sure. 

It's becoming more and more evident to me that the idea that women are in general 'weaker' in anything but brute strength is simply a holdover from stereotypes that simply prevented women from competing fairly against 'mens stuff', thereby perpetuating the stereotype. 

Edited by yoink
  • Like 1

(edited)
51 minutes ago, yoink said:

It's becoming more and more evident to me that the idea that women are in general 'weaker' in anything but brute strength is simply a holdover from stereotypes that simply prevented women from competing fairly against 'mens stuff', thereby perpetuating the stereotype. 

This. He’s not worth engaging with, because it simply reinforces his notion that he helps to set the standards for both beauty and intelligence in women, as well as decide their relevance. 

I hope he never really does. Unless, of course, he’s the type who says “I think women are stupid, but Sally over there is OK.” Which would go along with his believing what he personally interacts with, and otherwise going with his prejudices. We see that with all kinds of prejudicial thinking  

Wendy P. 

(Intellectually weak retired rocket scientist)

Edited by wmw999
  • Like 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Justincblount said:

Yeah, I would think people are getting pretty impatient with this now.

Nah.  It's either this or laundry.  This is more entertaining than laundry, although it is hard to keep up with, me being female and all.

11 minutes ago, Justincblount said:

I just like to debate.

You don't know how to debate.  

btw, just curious.  Is skydiving masculine or is it gender neutral?  Is it okay for women to jump?  Or are we better suited to staying on the ground packing, bringing you water and being totally impressed by the fact that you just did a skydive? 

Edited by skybytch

5 hours ago, skybytch said:

I'm really curious why some guy would think it's a good idea to barge into the women's forum (where this thread started before he barged in) on a skydiving website (where very few women who will put up with attitudes like his hang out), to insult women. 
I wonder who turned him down for a date.

Smart girl.

</ad hominen attack>

I think he's one of those "Incel" type.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skybytch said:

Is skydiving masculine or is it gender neutral?  Is it okay for women to jump?  Or are we better suited to staying on the ground packing, bringing you water and being totally impressed by the fact that you just did a skydive? 

I don't believe there is a gender gap when it comes to skydivers. Skydiving is for (virtually)all walks of life and levels of ability or disability. Even morbidly obese people can skydive. Sure, they might not be able to stand up the landings, but they always PLF.

Although, as I'm saying this, there is clearly a gap in who typically become skydivers. It's a male majority activity and identity, and among them mostly masculine personalities and competencies. The lifestyle can be dysfunctional in many cases, but that's in no way unique to skydiving.

I can't really relate to peoples' idea that I'm insulting all women. I'm not even insulting the most hardline feminine women, I'm saying they are natural and harmonious. I carefully noted that my statements don't apply to all, yet I'm smeared as telling women on this forum to go back to vacuuming or something, or belittling things you impressively achieved as clearly non-prototypical women, throughout your long lives. Seems like a stretch of an interpretation.

Or is it that you feel attacked because I'm holding women who fit stereotypical gender roles to be of the highest worth as women?

(edited)

27 minutes ago, Justincblount said:

I can't really relate to peoples' idea that I'm insulting all women.

When literally everybody in a random sample is saying that you are then I'd maybe your priority should be figuring out WHY they're saying that. 

Edited by yoink
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Justincblount said:

I can't really relate to peoples' idea that I'm insulting all women. I'm not even insulting the most hardline feminine women, I'm saying they are natural and harmonious. 

And intellectually inferior.

Exactly which part of why that's offensive are you struggling with?

Or is it that you feel attacked because I'm holding women who fit stereotypical gender roles to be of the highest worth as women?

That is also highly misogynistic.

I guess when I reverse it, and I say a man who doesn't do X and Y(creating order and leading others to necessity) isn't functioning as a man, it does become a slight against them. I guess they could still function in a supplemental role and be just as valuable, but I don't consider them men, they are soy boys. So if my views are misogynistic, it would seem they are also misandric. Equality Ftw.

Actually, I think feminine men are a lot less respectable than masculine women. By about 300%.

In my case, there is absolutely no benefit to being a soy boy, it goes against my priorities and principles. I have always been attracted to feminine women, and always fallen short of meeting their needs. I am simply poorly trained, I could use a good leader myself. There is nothing wrong with responsible authority. It's what I needed growing up, but I was raised by a single mother with a personality disorder.

You could say I'm incel in the widest interpretation, I realized it's not practical for me to pursue women at my level of competency, but I would like to be in a harmonious relationship if it were feasible. If I wanted to abandon my principles and just go out to get laid, it would be fairly straight forward. I would probably creep most women out in the process of finding someone willing, but I would definitely get laid. I find masturbation to be a more efficient use of my time, so I exploit my hand instead of other people.

6 hours ago, Justincblount said:

I guess when I reverse it, and I say a man who doesn't do X and Y(creating order and leading others to necessity) isn't functioning as a man, it does become a slight against them. I guess they could still function in a supplemental role and be just as valuable, but I don't consider them men, they are soy boys. So if my views are misogynistic, it would seem they are also misandric. Equality Ftw.

Your far from being equally offensive to both, though eh? Saying the most respectable man is one who leads and creates and is successful with n the word... eh, doesn’t sound too bad.

On the flip side, saying you hold someone like my postgrad degreed, airline Captain female friend to be of inferior worth as a woman because she’s not sat at home being dumb with the kids... yeah you’re definitely being a dick.

6 hours ago, Justincblount said:

It's what I needed growing up, but I was raised by a single mother with a personality disorder.

<shrug> So was my son.  Somehow he has managed to lead himself into a great life. 

8 hours ago, Justincblount said:

I'm a housewife, dude.  :D 

7 hours ago, Justincblount said:

I realized it's not practical for me to pursue women at my level of competency, but I would like to be in a harmonious relationship if it were feasible.

Unless your attitude and beliefs change, it's not.

I will say that I've read a couple of incel forums and hope to christ you don't associate with anyone from those places. It'll only warp your view of women even more. 

(edited)
15 minutes ago, yoink said:

I will say that I've read a couple of incel forums and hope to christ you don't associate with anyone from those places. It'll only warp your view of women even more. 

That's kind of like saying "I know you've struggled with sex and drug addiction in the past, and I hope to Christ that you never do that stuff again, which is why I'm warning you about that 8-ball in my sock drawer next to the condoms."

Edited by Coreece

10 hours ago, Justincblount said:

I can't really relate to peoples' idea that I'm insulting all women. I'm not even insulting the most hardline feminine women, I'm saying they are natural and harmonious. I carefully noted that my statements don't apply to all . . .

You posted "women are not only physically and emotionally weaker than men, on average, but also intellectually weaker."

I think that's more bringing your own prejudices into a conversation, and then demanding that others apply the same prejudices - and then becoming confused and annoyed when they do not.

I guess when I reverse it, and I say a man who doesn't do X and Y(creating order and leading others to necessity) isn't functioning as a man, it does become a slight against them.

Exactly.  Imagine if someone described men as women-hating rapists - then backed that up with a Youtube video they saw.  Would you feel mischaracterized?

I guess they could still function in a supplemental role and be just as valuable, but I don't consider them men, they are soy boys. So if my views are misogynistic, it would seem they are also misandric. Equality Ftw.

If you insult men by saying "they are like women" then you're firmly in the misogynistic category.  It's like calling a straight guy gay as an insult.  You are not being "equally offensive to all" - you are attacking gays, period.

If I wanted to abandon my principles and just go out to get laid . . .

That's an incel term known as "being a Chad."

I find masturbation to be a more efficient use of my time, so I exploit my hand instead of other people.

For as long as you think that sex with other people is "exploiting" them - that's probably a good decision.

5 hours ago, yoink said:

I don't. That's basically the male version of feminism. It's victim mentality.

5 hours ago, billvon said:

Imagine if someone described men as women-hating rapists - then backed that up with a Youtube video they saw.  Would you feel mischaracterized? 

If someone showed me "a video" with dozens of examples of men supporting rape, and only a few examples could be found condemning it, I would take pause.

2 minutes ago, Justincblount said:

If someone showed me "a video" with dozens of examples of men supporting rape, and only a few examples could be found condemning it, I would take pause.

Your opinion about an entire population can be swayed by something as simple as selective video editing?

You're the gift that keeps on givingo.O

1 minute ago, jakee said:

Your opinion about an entire population can be swayed by something as simple as selective video editing?

You're the gift that keeps on givingo.O

Yes, my opinion would be swayed if there were dozens of men on Youtube advocating for rape, and virtually none condemning it.

8 minutes ago, Justincblount said:

Yes, my opinion would be swayed if there were dozens of men on Youtube advocating for rape, and virtually none condemning it.

In one video you were shown.

You really don't see the problem there?