2 2
Nataly

So sick of the "you are beautiful" message...

18 minutes ago, jakee said:

In one video you were shown.

You really don't see the problem there?

I never just showed one video, and I never based my opinions off of one piece of video evidence. The problem you are talking about only exists in a hypothetical case separate from anything I've ever espoused.

38 minutes ago, Justincblount said:

If someone showed me "a video" with dozens of examples of men supporting rape, and only a few examples could be found condemning it, I would take pause.

Uh - OK.  You saw a video with a few women afraid of spiders and none dealing with it calmly - but your standard for men's issues is "dozens?"  And you'd place any weight on a Youtube video for that sort of thing?

There's something seriously out of whack with your worldview.  I have a skydiving reel I made of all malfunctions, for example.  Not a single good opening in the lot.  That is not evidence that all parachutes malfunction all the time.

Just now, billvon said:

Uh - OK.  You saw a video with a few women afraid of spiders and none dealing with it calmly - but your standard for men's issues is "dozens?"  And you'd place any weight on a Youtube video for that sort of thing? 

There's something seriously out of whack with your worldview.  I have a skydiving reel I made of all malfunctions, for example.  Not a single good opening in the lot.  That is not evidence that all parachutes malfunction all the time.

How is it we're arguing about this? I could easily pull up hundreds of videos with no malfunctions to debunk any retard making this claim.

20 minutes ago, Justincblount said:

How is it we're arguing about this? I could easily pull up hundreds of videos with no malfunctions to debunk any retard making this claim.

Right.  Top three videos on a video search of "women handling spiders calmly" - 

Australian Woman Calmly Enjoying A Cold Beer With A Huntsman Spider

Woman unfazed as spider crawls up her arm

Woman Has Four Day Battle With Huntsman Spider Hiding In Her Car

But those don't count?

The issue, again, isn't spiders.  The issue is using Youtube videos for proof of, well, anything - and using them selectively to boot.

31 minutes ago, Justincblount said:

I never just showed one video, and I never based my opinions off of one piece of video evidence. The problem you are talking about only exists in a hypothetical case separate from anything I've ever espoused.

You absolutely did show just one video, it was the only supporting 'evidence' you provided for the opinion being challenged, and you repeatedly questioned why other people wouldn't accept that it was relevant data.

3 hours ago, billvon said:

But those don't count?

When did I say they don't count? We add them into the massive pile of other videos. The playlist I posted even has such examples. PLAYLIST... not one video. And you are still pushing the absurd argument that I'm saying NO woman has ever handled a spider. It's stupid.

2 hours ago, Justincblount said:

When did I say they don't count? We add them into the massive pile of other videos. The playlist I posted even has such examples. PLAYLIST... not one video. 

Good lord, you really still think...

So let me rephrase, you allow your opinions to be formed by selective playlist editing.

2 hours ago, Justincblount said:

And you are still pushing the absurd argument that I'm saying NO woman has ever handled a spider. 

No, I'm not.  You've stopped replying to what people are saying and are instead replying to the conversation you are imagining.

Look, you've gotten some good feedback from both the men and the women here (and on the Women's Forum.)  What you do with that - think about it, ignore it, get angry at it, whatever - is up to you.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:20 PM, Justincblount said:

. It's a male majority activity and identity, and among them mostly masculine personalities and competencies

Forgot about this one.

Who did the first parachute jump from an airplane? 

5 hours ago, jakee said:

So let me rephrase, you allow your opinions to be formed by selective playlist editing. 

I've put together two massive playlists... police gunning down family pets, and child rape accusations against pastors. Are they edited selectively... well, I didn't post videos of them giving heart transplants! I guess it would be irrelevant to the social commentary I was making about the phenomenon.

I do understand how bias, prejudice and subjectivity works, and that playlists are rarely intended as statistical analysis. What follows is that my "data" was objectively subjective. You have correctly identified this. The compilation of video evidence only demonstrates the phenomenon, not the information. I was indeed unable to back up my claims or conclusions, and thus had no justification to hold them as true, which also proves the importance of public scrutiny on a claim.

I thought I was going back to the fundamentals, but I'm not sure what the fundamentals of masculine or feminine energy would even refer to in physical reality, and could more accurately be called aggressive or passive impulses. Maybe it would be good to evolve to a point where aggressive impulses are no longer necessary, and are bred out of existence.

On 11/13/2018 at 8:12 PM, Nataly said:

I swear these messages all over the place addressed to women, telling us "love yourself, you are beautiful" bla bla...

Why in this day and age are we still continuing to equate "beauty" with "value"??? Yuk! So sick of it.

We badly need a puke emoji on here :D:D

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I wonder if you aren't confusing exterior beauty with interior beauty.  I read "love yourself, you are beautiful" as something I would hope my 23 yo daughter would feel about herself.  Lord knows there's plenty of media that seems to want to tell her she's not.