Johnkelley

Where/How to get a pocket slider for Sabre 1 150

I currently have a Sabre 1 150, and have put around 200+ jumps on it over the past 4 years. Since the day I've got it, the openings have either been smooth with a nice snivel, or sudden and "neck breaking". Now that I'm starting to wingsuit more, I'm tired of having the fear of pitching my chute with fingers crossed hoping for a nice opening. I should note that my issue isn't that I'm off heading or line twists, just that the opening is sudden and painful. I've been practicing different methods of packing, all of which still have inconstant results for opening speed.

I know Sabre 1's are known for these types of openings, but I've been reading that adding a pocket slider seems to help substantially. How should I go about getting one because PD, for obvious reasons, doesn't make/sell these sliders because they don't make the OG Sabre anymore? Is this something that a rigger has to make at this point?

The Sabre1 is a beautiful WS canopy. I've had 2 (both with pocket sliders) and it's a really effective fix for any hard openings you may be getting. Both of mine sniveled nice and comfy very consistently and with way better heading performance than my Sabre2.

Take it to a rigger and they'll be able to set you straight.
Apex BASE

You definitely need to flare the wingsuit before opening. I'm currently jumping Sabre1 150 and with a bit of flare it opens perfectly every time.

I also like to dive quite much to have a better flare.

So forget about the first flight yoga opening position and just flare nicely before you pitch. Works like a charm.