Johnkelley

Opinion on White Wingsuit

For my next wingsuit, I'm thinking about getting a white wingsuit, or at least white on the front, and black on back. My main concern is not only how dirty it will get, but from photos/videos I'm seeing, white seems to fade faster than any other color. I don't know what it is, but when looking at a white wingsuit that has been used for a little while, it looks really ragged out while other wingsuits with the same amount of use but different colors seems to still look relatively new.

What is your opinion/experience with white wingsuits?

Johnkelley

For my next wingsuit, I'm thinking about getting a white wingsuit, or at least white on the front, and black on back. My main concern is not only how dirty it will get, but from photos/videos I'm seeing, white seems to fade faster than any other color. I don't know what it is, but when looking at a white wingsuit that has been used for a little while, it looks really ragged out while other wingsuits with the same amount of use but different colors seems to still look relatively new.

What is your opinion/experience with white wingsuits?

It will look worse faster. I had white on my first wingsuit, my second one does not. Remember the first rule of skydiving and life.

My wingsuits are all black and white, you just have to accept that yes, the white will get visibly dirtier quicker. I don't feel like they look any more ragged out than an equally ragged out suit of another colour.

I prefer more white than black so I get less hot wearing them in summer. I choose black for the parts I know will get dirty the quickest - knee and butt area due to moving around/sitting in the plane.

Give it a spray with scotchgard sun shield. It helps to clean easily and also gives it some uv protection to help with fading. I put that on my ATC although its black but its holding up in the desert environment that I jump in.