frontloop33

Hands free wingsuit?

Hi,

I've done about 100 flights in my Prodigy 2.
I know, the Prodigy is a very small wingsuit but I really feel comfortable with it.
My exits are good and clean, my flight planning is good and compared to the Paralog performance database https://ppc.paralog.net/selecttracks.php?select=equipment my performance is also quite good (I manage a glide ratio of about 1:1.5 up to 1:1.8 - 1,5 meters forward for each meter downward).

So now I'm thinking about upsizing:
The DZ's where I usually jump are kind of small with not many wingsuiters around, so I'm focusing on performance and not so much on flocking with others.

Is the step up from my prodigy to an intermediate suite like the Squirrel Funk 3 or ATC too big? Or is it ok?

And should I choose a suite with grips (ATC) or a gripless /hands-free (Funk 3)? What are the advantages/disadvantages?
I think, the performance might be better on a suite with grips (ATC) but pulling might be easier/safer on a hands-free suit?

frontloop33

Hi,

I know, the Prodigy is a very small wingsuit but I really feel comfortable with it.
My exits are good and clean, my flight planning is good and compared to the Paralog performance database https://ppc.paralog.net/selecttracks.php?select=equipment my performance is also quite good (I manage a glide ratio of about 1:1.5 up to 1:1.8 - 1,5 meters forward for each meter downward).

The DZ's where I usually jump are kind of small with not many wingsuiters around, so I'm focusing on performance and not so much on flocking with others.

Is the step up from my prodigy to an intermediate suite like the Squirrel Funk 3 or ATC too big? Or is it ok?

And should I choose a suite with grips (ATC) or a gripless /hands-free (Funk 3)? What are the advantages/disadvantages?
I think, the performance might be better on a suite with grips (ATC) but pulling might be easier/safer on a hands-free suit?

ATC, grips dont matter as you dont need to hold them .

frontloop33

Hi,

I did maybe 15 jumps on prodigy 2 and didn't really like the suit so I sold it, 2 years later I started jumping with swift 1 and thought it was actually easier to fly it plus performace was way better. Prodigy felt more like a tracksuit to me. I did over 100 jumps on swift 1 and 2 before I tried ATC, I think going straight from prodigy would be a big step. I think doing some jumps on swift 2 before getting in ATC would be the wise thing to do. Plus learning backflying in a smaller suit would probably make you learn faster than doing that in ATC which is VERY powerfull suit compared to prodigy. Also, deployment will be completely different and more challenging in the beggining than what you are used to, I hope you have a WS friendly canopy. So my advice would be, borrow a swift, do some jumps in it and then go for ATC if you feel comfortable, even a Swift will surprise you with how much more performace you will be getting.

Suggest the Güs from Squirrel. It is the littlebrother of the Funk3. It has some serious power for it's size. Here we have a large group of people in Swift2/3's and we see the Güs has a tad more power actually. The Swift's are definitely powerful suits, ranging from first flights and well into intermediate. Güs is similar to the Swift3, though handsfree and pulls are super easy. Anyways I adore my Güs and use it for fun and I fly it when I do FFCs First flight courses

If you've made 100 jumps with Prodigy I think you'll not meet real problems with Gus or Swift or Funk. As ws-performance is your goal I think that Swift is a better choice. And it is good enough for ws-acro learning as well.
Gus and Funk are better for ws-formation and acro flies.