RockSkyGirl

Neumann gloves

Neumann gloves - the tackified football receiver gloves with the big N on the back - are no longer being made. I have tried on a couple other brands including Akando and the others all seem to fit like gardening gloves - roomy - and roomy gloves aren't good for gripping.

Does anyone have a recommendation for tackified skydiving gloves which hug the hand and fingers and fit skin-tight like Neumanns?

I use the 99 cents grippy gloves from Home Depot. They're thin, so maybe not enough for real winter, but enough for the temperatures when your hands get pain from cold. Can't find exact model, but similar to this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/2XL-Black-NiteGrip-6001-2XL/302952136

They provide excellent grip and precise feel-through.

Imho, Neumann's are way overhyped. Way overpriced ($45 LOL); not warm for real winter, either; weak, tear easily; not enough precision feel to make things like collapsing slider easy.

I recommend to everyone when needing peripheral gear, to look elsewhere, not skydiving shops. Gloves, helmets, goggles, even altimeters - there are excellent alternatives available that work well and are not outrageously priced.

Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

I have a pair of under armor cold gear receiver gloves which are excellent. Tight fighting neoprene glove, with a synthetic tacky palm which is made of a very grippy material that would probably make a good SM kink suit if it was used for a whole garment. :ph34r:

They work great for tandems at the beginning and end of the season, complete dexterity for hook-up sequence and handle checks.

I like them, so when they shit the bed I probably won't find them again.

This is the only example I could find with a google search.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Football-gloves-5ae8b91e3a112e2f22ede0bc?ad_partner=google&campaign_id=1556542999&enable_guest_buy_flow=true&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0Mzl-LKJ3gIVx1mGCh2J7QWcEAkYHSABEgJtuPD_BwE&gdm_bottom=false&l_con=PREOWNED%2FUSED&utm_campaign=1556542999&utm_source=gdm

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

XXL are the only size you can order from any supplier right now (unless Paragear has more sizes? Betzilla, any summer-weight mediums left?). But you CAN still find some XXL out there. If that's your size I'd get them fast.

Note on the RockSkyMarket page is that the manufacturer is no longer making that product. I can't find a webpage for the manufacturer anywhere. The brand itself is owned by another company.

I HAVE found the listing all over the web but the only available size has been 2XL.

It is promising that they are in the Adams catalog for next year. I'd checked that site but I hadn't checked the 2019 catalog. Hopefully that means they will be available soon. Until then I will need to find something else; my last pair (over a year and a few hundred jumps and several tunnel hours old! They DO last...) finally sprang a hole this past weekend.

I have short, stubby fingers. Youth football gloves fit me very well. They dont last as long, but neither do they cost as much. Most adult sizes have either fingers too thin that constrict, or too long.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)