20_kN

Aerodyne Smart LPV?

I have a 175 in an Icon I4. It flies like I guess you'd expect a reserve to fly. The one time I've had to use it, it was very similar to the PDR 160 I had previously had to use. Stood up the landing in a light cross-wind. Would have survived a no-flare landing under it. Checks all my boxes. Oh, and it's nice and soft and strokeable while you're explaining to everyone what you messed up.

I've had to use mine twice (wingsuiting line twists) and it worked great. If you are building an Aerodyne setup its a great pairing especially with a skyhook. Mine has opened before I could even think

Regardless of rig manufacturer it works great but I've not really heard anything bad about any of the reserves. It will definitely feel different than sporty canopies but in a whirlwind of emotions and adrenalin you won't have any problems flying it assuming it is similar or larger in size.

I have looked at the Optimum. However it is $300 some more than the Smart LPV, so I am not sure what the benefit would be. Is the Optimum a better reserve than the Smart LPV?

I have an Icon I5. Right now I have a Nano 193 on my old rig. It would probably fit in the I5, but Aerodyne says the maximum they recommend is a Smart LPV 190. Aerodyne says the recommended size is a Smart LPV 175.

I have a 170 main, so my options are to try to stick with the larger 193 Nano knowing it will be a tight fit, or go down to the 175 Smart LPV as Aerodyne recommends. My WL is pretty light. A hair over 1:1 on the 175.

benlangfeld

******Is the Optimum a better reserve than the Smart LPV?

It's built better for sure. Haven't jumped a smart so can't comment on how they fly.

Built better? How so?

More redundancy in the structure, more support tapes and that kind of stuff... My personal opinion, not worth the extra few hundred bucks unless you're really, really heavy and chop often...

Blis

*********Is the Optimum a better reserve than the Smart LPV?

It's built better for sure. Haven't jumped a smart so can't comment on how they fly.

Built better? How so?

More redundancy in the structure, more support tapes and that kind of stuff... My personal opinion, not worth the extra few hundred bucks unless you're really, really heavy and chop often...

It is not obvious from your initial reply of "better built" which you're saying is better built.

Please clarify.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Quagmirian

Whoops. Optimum is built better. Better material choices and construction techniques. Nicer quality too.

Please give more information.

The smart has some reinforcements that I've never seen on any other reserve.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am