ninjagogo12

First rig purchase sizing help

Hi all,

So im looking to buy my first rig, i am 5'7" with an inseam of 28.5" and weigh 182 lbs.

I'm looking at 2nd hand gear to start me off, i have spoken to my instructors and they say i should be looking for a 170 or be conservative and go for a 190, i like the conservative approach.

So anyway i have seen a Jav Odyssey for sale with a saffire II 190 and nano 193 res in it, the rig is located a good few miles from me and the guy isnt available till next weekend, no biggie but i have the container info now but i just dont understand what it all means, i guess what i am wanting to know is what will the fit be like so i dont waste my time driving down for it to be totally unsuitable, so here are the numbers...

MLW 17-1
Yoke C
Leg pads 23
Lateral 25
J4K C-17

Any help really appreciated.

Contacting the manufacturer with your measurements and the rig is often useful. Sunpath can give you the ideal rig dimensions that will fit your body, and if you have the serial number for the rig they can double check the sizes.

They can tell you if the rig will be a good fit or not, or you can post the values here and people can tell you if you will need some harness adjustments, etc.

Seth
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

ninjagogo12

Hi all,

So im looking to buy my first rig, i am 5'7" with an inseam of 28.5" and weigh 182 lbs.

I'm looking at 2nd hand gear to start me off, i have spoken to my instructors and they say i should be looking for a 170 or be conservative and go for a 190, i like the conservative approach.

So anyway i have seen a Jav Odyssey for sale with a saffire II 190 and nano 193 res in it, the rig is located a good few miles from me and the guy isnt available till next weekend, no biggie but i have the container info now but i just dont understand what it all means, i guess what i am wanting to know is what will the fit be like so i dont waste my time driving down for it to be totally unsuitable, so here are the numbers...

MLW 17-1
Yoke C
Leg pads 23
Lateral 25
J4K C-17

Any help really appreciated.

I've always had very good experiences with "Call Ralph" Hadley. He says, and I believe him, that his first priority is to set you up with equipment that you like and continue to enjoy.

Here's his website but I prefer just calling him.

503 630-5867