BillyVance

High School Demo Jump that should have never gone through

I can't go into the General Skydiving Discussions or Safety and Training forums since I'm blocked from those so here it is...

I'm thinking some heads are going to roll after this jump. :S

https://twitter.com/MidgePowers/status/1043491462573256705

Friday, September 21, 2018 at Sam Houston High School, Moss Bluff, LA.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I DIDN'T DO IT! That is not my red white and blue lightening. I can prove it. Mine is white in the center.

I hate fucking demos. This is why I hate demos. It's always like that. There is always shit like that trying to kill you. Every demo I have ever been on has been like that. That is just how demos are. And that is why I stear clear of them.

Technically did he do any thing wrong? Other then being stupid I mean, but he's doing a demo so that's already a given. If the plane had sufficient cloud clearance on jump run, which is possible, and the winds on the ground had not kicked in yet, they don't seem to have. then where is the faul?

Note that the landing is shot from a good distance away in the stand. I can't tell exactly how far away that was. Looks scary but I wasn't there.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

RiggerLee

I DIDN'T DO IT! That is not my red white and blue lightening. I can prove it. Mine is white in the center.

I hate fucking demos. This is why I hate demos. It's always like that. There is always shit like that trying to kill you. Every demo I have ever been on has been like that. That is just how demos are. And that is why I stear clear of them.

Technically did he do any thing wrong? Other then being stupid I mean, but he's doing a demo so that's already a given. If the plane had sufficient cloud clearance on jump run, which is possible, and the winds on the ground had not kicked in yet, they don't seem to have. then where is the faul?

Note that the landing is shot from a good distance away in the stand. I can't tell exactly how far away that was. Looks scary but I wasn't there.

Lee

This x1000, I've only done a handful of demos, but those few have taught me that demos are for other people.

yoink

How the hell do you get banned from General skydiving and S&T, is the bigger question?

If you're even remotely talking about skydiving you're generally good in there.

Well, it all started with a month long site wide ban for insulting a moderator. And then when that was up, I asked about my status, and one of the moderators said he was working on changing my access but did add that I was a pain in the ass to moderate. As it was, he only unlocked Bonfire, Incidents and Gear/Rigging.

I totally get being perma-banned from Speakers Corner (I've got a sarcastic attitude towards the indignant liberals in there), and from General Skydiving Discussions for continuing to bash that crazy lady in Colorado with a public vendetta vs the Longmont DZ after I was told to stop. I don't get why I can't access the rest. It ain't no democracy in here. (shrugs)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

I totally get being perma-banned from Speakers Corner (I've got a sarcastic attitude towards the indignant liberals in there), …

Don't worry, despite your absence, conservatives' efforts to make SC a logic-free space continue.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jcd11235

***I totally get being perma-banned from Speakers Corner (I've got a sarcastic attitude towards the indignant liberals in there), …

Don't worry, despite your absence, conservatives' efforts to make SC a logic-free space continue.

:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jcd11235

***I totally get being perma-banned from Speakers Corner (I've got a sarcastic attitude towards the indignant liberals in there), …

There are barely any of them left on there anymore. :D

riggerrob

Flying near thunderstorms is dangerous!

Indeed. Hell, college football and other outdoor sports have I think a 5 mile rule when it comes to lightning, the event gets put on hold and everyone, fans included gets under shelter when lightning is within 5 miles of the event. I may be wrong on the distance though.

This demo, looked like the lightning was no more than a quarter mile away. :S

yoink

How the hell do you get banned from General skydiving and S&T, is the bigger question?

At least one of the mods is rather over sensitive about things, and has had a humour bypass to boot.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

obelixtim

***How the hell do you get banned from General skydiving and S&T, is the bigger question?

At least one of the mods is rather over sensitive about things, and has had a humour bypass to boot.

Yeah I mistakenly thought I was being funny to them. My bad. It got out of hand and I crossed a line.