BillyVance

College Football 2018

So here we are 4 weeks into the season. Bama is #1, as usual, and looking pretty well unstoppable, at least with Tua Tagovailoa at QB. I must say, after years of having a serviceable game manager at the position, Tua is a real eye opener. He's only played about 10 quarters in 4 games, not ever seeing the field in the 4th quarter due to the blowouts, but he's averaging 100+ yards passing per quarter and leads the nation in QBR.

As it looks now, the game at LSU appears to be the only threat to an unbeaten regular season, and Bama still will likely be double digit favorites. Georgia is looking like there's been no drop off from last season, so should Bama meet Georgia in the SEC title game, it's likely going to be #1 vs #2, but I do like Bama's chances with Tua. Kirby Smart had issues defending true dual threat QBs during his time as Bama's defensive coordinator and again as Georgia's head coach.

Ohio State is looking mighty good too, and Clemson seems ready to roll with former #1 pro-style QB Trevor Lawrence instead of senior Kelly Bryant. Penn State had a good scare with Appalachian State, and Oklahoma had one with Army this past Saturday. Oh, and Old Dominion shocked the college football world with a massive upset of Virginia Tech. And, the Tennessee Vols STILL SUCK! :ph34r: Lots of football left to play.

Enjoy the season. Or not. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They dirty.
They lowdown.
They some snitches.
That inside of a pumpkin puke orange.
Looks like a garbage truck workers convention.

I just hate Tennessee.

Roll Tide. B|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7G7loR2VVw

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Another big game tomorrow. #1 Alabama at #3 LSU. Line is Alabama by 14 or so.

LSU fans have been harping for 2 weeks how Alabama hasn't faced a defense as good as LSU's, and I'm like, bitch please! Alabama's offense PRACTICES every day against a defense as good or better.

The issue is gonna be how LSU QB Joe Burrow handles Alabama's pass rush. He doesn't make me nervous. Not at all. He couldn't even lead one good TD drive at home against Mississippi State 2 weeks ago. He did have a TD, but that was off a turnover and they only needed 2 yards to get the score. That was a gimme.

Sure, we all know an average QB could have the game of his life vs Alabama. We saw it with Steve Garcia and South Carolina in 2010. But he had a first round pick at WR in Alshon Jeffery. LSU doesn't. Joe Burrow has only thrown 5 TDs all year. 3 against Ole Miss.

Tua Tagovailoa is 6 TDs away from breaking the school record for a season (30 by AJ McCarron in a 14 game season).

Anyway... LSU is hungry, no... starved for a victory. Alabama has won 7 in a row, including the last 3 games at Death Valley. Alabama beat them with a game manager at QB. Well now they have a Heisman contender at QB that can light any defense up.

Alabama wins by at least 3 TDs.

Well... That went way better than I expected.

29-0.

Now if we can just find a good kicker and punter, then Alabama wouldn't have a weakness. :o:D

Screw the corndogs. B|B|

Another regular season completed.

Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and UCF are all undefeated.

UCF lost their QB to a Marcus Lattimore type leg injury, and now they have to face Memphis in the AAC title game, the same team they beat by one point. Yeah, I'm gonna go with Memphis this time.

Notre Dame is the least impressive of the unbeatens, so many lackluster wins over mediocre teams. In my opinion, either Clemson or Alabama would destroy the Irish by 20-30 points.

Now Alabama takes on Georgia for the SEC title, as it should have been last year if not for fucking Auburn. (which was a blessing in diguise, to their chagrin :ph34r:)

I do not think it's going to be close this time. Georgia lost a lot of damn good players off last year's team, on both sides of the ball. They still managed to have a pretty good season, except for that head-scratching 20 point loss at LSU, the same team Alabama shut out 29-0 on the same field. And this time, Alabama has Tua for the whole game. Bama by at least 3 TDs.

Clemson has a great offense, and their defense was exposed by a mediocre South Carolina team to the tune of 600+ yards and 35 points. Yeah, wait til Alabama gets on the field with them. It will most likely be a great high scoring game, not unlike the first national championship game in 2015 that Bama won 45-40.

How about that LSU Texas A&M game? 74-72 in 7 OTs! :o Man, those corndogs are gonna be bitching about the refs for a long time. Thought they had it won at the end of regulation and dumped gatorade on coach Ed Orgeron. Poor guy had to stand out there all wet and sticky for more than an hour. :D

One last thing... Alabama is the first major college football team to win every regular season game by 20+ points. EVERY SINGLE GAME. Of course, it ain't gonna matter if they don't go 15-0 and win the national championship.

Helluva SEC Championship Game. Had me sweating all the way to the end. Typical for Alabama and Georgia.

Fun stat: out of 120 minutes of regulation time in two games this year (2017 National Championship and 2018 SEC Championship), Georgia led or was tied for 118:56. And LOST both times.

And, you can't make this shit up:

Kirby Smart had a great game plan for Jalen Hurts in the 2017 National Championship game, until Tua Tagovailoa came in and ripped it up and won.

Kirby Smart had a great game plan for Tua Tagovailoa in the 2018 SEC Championship game (even though we all knew Tua had been playing hurt since his 3rd snap), and then Jalen Hurts came in and ripped it up and won.

Man, I don't care who you are, if you're a Georgia fan, that's gotta suck donkey balls.

2nd and 26 has now been replaced by 4th and 11. :D

great game

GA deserves to be in the playoff, they can beat OK and ND, and possibly Clemsum and AL

I would have loved the committee to put GA 3rd and ND 4th, just because you aren't in a conference and didn't play doesn't mean you get to keep your spot

being in the SEC almost guarantees that you will have at least one loss, and you will get beat up each week, look at how many defensive players SC lost and they still whipped on Clemsum - hung over 500 yards on them!!, if I'm not mistaken Clemsum has the 3rd weakest schedule

that would have been 2 great playoff games, instead we get to watch AL crush OK and Ohio St whine about not being in the game
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

billeisele

great game

GA deserves to be in the playoff, they can beat OK and ND, and possibly Clemsum and AL

I would have loved the committee to put GA 3rd and ND 4th, just because you aren't in a conference and didn't play doesn't mean you get to keep your spot

being in the SEC almost guarantees that you will have at least one loss, and you will get beat up each week, look at how many defensive players SC lost and they still whipped on Clemsum - hung over 500 yards on them!!, if I'm not mistaken Clemsum has the 3rd weakest schedule

that would have been 2 great playoff games, instead we get to watch AL crush OK and Ohio St whine about not being in the game

Yeah, unfortunately Georgia losing to LSU by 20 torpedoed their chances, as did Ohio State's 29 point loss at 6-6 Purdue. Yeah, I know Clemson's schedule has been pretty weak but their offense is pretty damn good, judging by what they did to South Carolina. Their stats are pretty similar to Alabama's. I think Georgia vs Clemson would be a great game.

Notre Dame is just straight up garbage. They don't really stand out at all.

Oklahoma has a great offense, but they only played like 2 top 60 defenses (TCU and freaking Army, who took them to OT!). Oklahoma's pass defense is tied for dead last in FBS. If Tua gets back healthy in time (his ankle injury is not as bad as Jalen's from the Missouri game), fuck, we could just leave our punter at home! :D

But yes, Alabama will skulldrag Oklahoma in a fairly high scoring game (take the over on the Vegas odds). I'm thinking something like Bama 63 Oklahoma 31.

Clemson will destroy Notre Dame. Probably like 45 to 17.

Then we'll see Alabama vs Clemson in the national championship for the 3rd time in 4 years. I'm sure everybody outside of Alabama and South Carolina are sick of them by now. :D

The fact that they are not in a conference and do not have to play a conference championship game is emblematic of their arrogance. Their strength of schedule was 26th. :S I am hoping for at least a repeat of 2013; Alabama 42, ND 14.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

flyhi

The fact that they are not in a conference and do not have to play a conference championship game is emblematic of their arrogance. Their strength of schedule was 26th. :S I am hoping for at least a repeat of 2013; Alabama 42, ND 14.

Their SOS is probably that high because they don't play any FCS schools. But geez, beat Ball State by 5 points? Barely beat Vanderbilt at home by a TD? Beat one of the worst Southern Cal teams by a TD?

I dunno... Either they've been playing down to the competition, or they've just been good enough to win them all. Clemson will skulldrag them.

I dunno... Either they've been playing down to the competition, or they've just been good enough to win them all. Clemson will skulldrag them.

You are a seer, however, it really wasn't that hard to forecast.

When will we be released from the tyranny of the Notre Dame syncophants who keep putting them back in there? And why, for the love of God, were they the third ranked team in the playoff? They better fall below GA, UCF, Ohio State, and, possibly, Washington, in the final ratings.

Even touchdown Jesus had to be embarassed at that one.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

flyhi

You are a seer, however, it really wasn't that hard to forecast.

When will we be released from the tyranny of the Notre Dame syncophants who keep putting them back in there? And why, for the love of God, were they the third ranked team in the playoff? They better fall below GA, UCF, Ohio State, and, possibly, Washington, in the final ratings.

Even touchdown Jesus had to be embarassed at that one.

You're not wrong. That was a skulldragging. And well, the only other team that had a legit argument to belong in the playoffs would have been Ohio State, I think. UCF and Georgia both lost, and we know they were the loudest complainants at being left out. I can't stand their fans. Insufferable.

So now we're down to Alabama and Clemson, as most of us expected. For the first time ever, both are 14-0, so we WILL have a 15-0 national champion for the first time in the playoff era. It's just a matter of who gets it done. I think there are enough players at Alabama that was in that last second loss to Clemson 2 years ago that remember what it felt like to come soooo damn close to perfection, wire to wire #1 and 14-0. And Clemson scores with a second left. The only national championship game Saban lost. I blame Sarkisian for that debacle. Clemson no doubt will have something to prove, that last year's clunker in the semifinals was a fluke, and they now have the QB they believe they need.

It should be a great game, even if most of the country are sick and tired of seeing them. (shrugs)

Oh and by the way, QB Jalen Hurts has applied and been accepted to Alabama's graduate school. Sounds like he's bucking the trend of QBs transferring to other schools for playing time. After a year under QB coach/guru Dan Enos, he's shown a lot of improvement in his passing game and progression. Another year under him certainly won't hurt his chances of a NFL career. Scary isn't it? Tua, Jalen and back up Mac Jones, plus Tua's younger brother Taulia, and Bear Bryant's great grandson Paul Tyson (both 4 star QBs) at the Capstone next year. B|

Billy - knock knock - are you up off the floor yet??

total domination: offense, defense, band, cheer leaders

the look on Saban's face, disbelief and no clue what to do

So - South Carolina beat em, Clemson beat em twice, next time we're sending Furman
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

It was a woodshed whupping, no doubt about it. I haven't seen Alabama beaten that bad in TWENTY years. It's been pretty amazing that Alabama has been as dominant as they have these last 11 years with only three 14 point losses. You'd think there would have been at least one or two head scratching Urban Meyer losses (29-31 points) somewhere in there.

Congratulations to Clemson and Dabo. They got it done. Bama didn't. And I'll be happy if I never see that stupid fucking fake FG play again. WTF was that? Even Mac Jones looked at the coaches to make sure they wanted him to run the play, you know he had his doubts.

The Bama players will go home, say good bye to the seniors, who finished 55-4 (NCAA record, same as Clemson's) and the juniors (if any leaves for the NFL), bring in the next new #1 recruiting class (Saban's best one), and reload for 2019. They're not going anywhere. They'll be back. And so will Clemson. Odds are we'll see round 5 in the next playoffs. Let Clemson try going wire to wire as the #1 team this time. The last 4 national champions have been Bama, Clemson, Bama and Clemson. The #1 team has never won it. ;)

Fun fact: The top three winningest coaches in Clemson football history, were Alabama alumni.

Frank Howard
Danny Ford
Dabo Swinney

#BuiltbyBama? In a manner of speaking. :P

keithbar

I hate it for you buddy I got broad shoulders if you need one to cry on

LOL I'm good. It was such a bad beat down I don't have any excuses for it. They just got outplayed.

So... Bama loses 7 juniors to the NFL and 1 transfer (QB Jalen Hurts), plus 4 assistant coaches. About like last year too. Then the top ranked recruiting class comes in and gets to work. I think Saban is going to go into the 2019 season with a big chip on his shoulders and it will be reflected in the team's performance. We'll see.

flyhi

They just got outplayed.

Did they get outcoached, too? :o

:P

That too. I think some of them had their future jobs on their minds, but the play calling in the red zone was just horrible. First and goal at the one? And you run Damien Harris twice and he gets stuffed, then on 4th down run Tua and he's tackled for a 6 yard loss? I mean what? Where was the heavy package that was so successful? Like putting two D-linemen in as main road graders for the RB? I didn't see it once. I did see they had some success on 4th and short running Josh Jacobs out of the wildcat, 3 times.

But that fake FG will go down in infamy as Coach Saban's worst call. :D

billeisele

on the fake FG - the holder gave it away when he looked at the sideline and nodded

Sure did.

QB Jalen Hurts has announced that he's transferring to....

Oklahoma.

Well, if you can't beat 'em, woo their backup graduate transfer QB. :D

He should be able to put up some pretty good stats in that no-defense league, that is... if he wins the starting job. :P They also signed a 5 star QB and a couple of 5 star WRs in the incoming freshman class.

Early look at next year's playoff field:

Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
?????