riggerrob

Veggie Reggie Hurlbut RIP, 2018 June 15

Our skybrother Reginald C. Hurlbut died 2018 June 15 at Skydive Chicago in Illinois. He was 68 years old.

Better-known as Veggie Reggie, he was a long-time member of the Kamloops Skydivers’ Club. An early-adopter of wing-suits, Veggie’ taught dozens of Sky divers how to fly them.

If Reggie’s infectious enthusiasm for skydiving was not enough, he also enjoyed even more adventures on the ground.
One time Reggie was recounting his earlier career felling trees in British Columbia. He concluded his lumberjack story with “Now that was an adrenaline sport!”

I flew with Reg at several events prior to last week. I saw him Thursday when he first arrived at our camp. I reached out to shake his hand, but instead he gave me a hug. Thanks for the hug, Reg.

Blue Skies, my friend.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

As a flailer years ago there I was in a plane with Reg ... he had scuba flippers on and a the old camera flyer wingsuit with those arm webs that clipped into the jump suit ... anyway he was the last man out and "JUST WANTED TO TRY SOMETHING" ... so away he jumped ... little did I know he was breaking into on a vanguard basis, the birth of a brave new age ... Blue Skies my friend ...

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." .. A Einstein