Carolyn Clay, Celebration of Life. June 29/30.

From Pam Young's Facebook Post.
We are planning a celebration of life of Carolyn "the Queen" Clay.
Details will be added as plans are solidified. Tentative times, dates, details are:
Friday, Jun. 29th at 3:00 pm: Memorial Ash Dive at Sunset.
We will be conducting a couple of memorial dives in Carol's memory over Middle Peninsula Regional Airport West Point Virginia. At sunset, Roger Ponce will organize a big-way out of the CASA to spread her ashes over her long-time home DZ and beloved West Point VA.

Saturday, Jun 30th: http://www.virginiaskydivingcenter.com/experienced/
Jumping, celebrating, partying, big-ways, more jumping, and lots of dancing at Virginia Skydiving Center. Because that's the way Carol would have wanted it!

Aircraft will be: CASA or SkyVan (TBD) AND Twin Otter.
Lots of fun and shenanigans, friends and family, and all of our favorite memories of Carolyn.
Details will be added in the next couple of days as details are confirmed.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

carol clay.jpg

Carol Clay student.jpg

Pam Young's update.
We’ll be meeting at West Point Friday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. (Please come slightly earlier if you can for check in/gear checks/etc.)
We will plan to put up three CASA loads between 3:30 and 5:20 p.m.
At 6:00 p.m., Bill Legard will lead us in remembrances of Carolyn Clay. We will open the floor for folks to share their stories and memories.
We will be taking off for the ash dive at 7:30 p.m. (Will dirt dive before 6:00 pm).

PLEASE READ: As of 2:55 p.m. today (6/27), the airport authority at West Point (Middle Peninsula Regional Airport) has decided that they cannot support the number of folks that will be attending the memorial service for Carolyn.

ALL OPERATIONS ARE NOW MOVED TO Virginia Skydiving Center.
Plan for Friday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. with an ash dive at Sunset.
Please stand by for additional details later this evening on the Memorial Jumps/Ash Dive (still planned out of the CASA) and operations for Friday and the weekend.
http://www.virginiaskydivingcenter.com/

Look for updates on Facebook Events.

Good luck with the jump -- wish I could be there with Roger, Bill, et al, to say good-bye to our dear friend. As with many others, I will be there in spirit! What a wonderful lady in every sense. Loved jumping with her and the West Point club in the mid 90s, and then having the opportunity to reconnect at various times and places over the years! Miss you, Queen . . . BSBD