kallend

Can pie-in-the-sky pay for tax cuts?

normiss

Oh hell no! You know how she is!
It is something we want to do, but we're completing an amazing refinance next week. Cutting 16 years off our payments!!!
That's not counting that amazing ring I just recently bought her either. B|

Thank you Jesus. Thank you Trump.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

PhreeZone

Gary can't even get his numbers right... some estimates have it at 30.1 percent of households chose to itemize their deductions (44 million returns).

Colin: "Look, so it's less than 20, I mean 25% . . . no wait, I mean under 30%, OK just over 30%"

Anyone here want to guess what that number will be by the time it gets passed?

billvon

***Gary can't even get his numbers right... some estimates have it at 30.1 percent of households chose to itemize their deductions (44 million returns).

Colin: "Look, so it's less than 20, I mean 25% . . . no wait, I mean under 30%, OK just over 30%"

Anyone here want to guess what that number will be by the time it gets passed?

Do you mean number of "middle class" peasants that will pay more taxes?

Or rich people that will pay less taxes?

Gonna guess those numbers will both be 100%.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Update - Brookings Institute confirms that about a third of middle class taxpayers will see tax increases, and this percentage will increase with time. The rich, of course, will see massive tax cuts. From WaPo:

=================
Despite repeated promises from Republican lawmakers that the plan is designed to provide relief to the middle class, nearly 30 percent of taxpayers with incomes between $50,000 and $150,000 would see a tax increase, according to the study by the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. . . . The loss of the personal exemption, which shields $4,050 of income from federal taxes for every household member, also would play a major role in increasing taxes for some households, the analysis found — an effect that would get worse over time because the amount of the personal exemption kept pace with inflation.

. . .

The study found that 80 percent of the tax benefits would accrue to those in the top 1 percent. Households making more than about $900,000 a year would see their taxes drop by more than $200,000 on average.
=================

billvon

Update - Brookings Institute confirms that about a third of middle class taxpayers will see tax increases, and this percentage will increase with time. The rich, of course, will see massive tax cuts. From WaPo:

=================
Despite repeated promises from Republican lawmakers that the plan is designed to provide relief to the middle class, nearly 30 percent of taxpayers with incomes between $50,000 and $150,000 would see a tax increase, according to the study by the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. . . . The loss of the personal exemption, which shields $4,050 of income from federal taxes for every household member, also would play a major role in increasing taxes for some households, the analysis found — an effect that would get worse over time because the amount of the personal exemption kept pace with inflation.

. . .

The study found that 80 percent of the tax benefits would accrue to those in the top 1 percent. Households making more than about $900,000 a year would see their taxes drop by more than $200,000 on average.
=================

I am shocked, SHOCKED!

Apparently you have to be making more than $300k/year to be in the middle class, according to the GOP:

www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/republicans-defend-tax-plan-as-a-middle-class-tax-cut/2017/10/01/061e6ccc-a6c7-11e7-850e-2bdd1236be5d_story.html?utm_term=.85ff2d9a5029

You know it amazes me how both sides can justify what they want. The deficit went through the roof under Obama but the left will bleed from their eyes saying it was only related to the terrible economy he got from Bush. Only partially true.... but enough truth to hang their hat on.

The right only remembers the economic growth under Regan, forgetting the deficit growth.

The people that pay the majority of taxes are the rich. It ALWAYS comes back to blame the mega rich but get the money from the other "rich"

The middle class is getting screwed and it's getting worse. I'd GLADLY pay my same rate if they would pass a meaningful tax break for the middle class - but why give more to a class (the bottom 1/3 approx) that don't pay???

But I do enjoy reading post from intelligent people that just argue to argue. If there party isn't in power the world is always going to hell 😛
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little