PhreeZone

Air Force Leadership fighting racism

I hate posting Links to Facebook since a lot of people do not use it but I think in this case its worth it.

Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria shows what true leadership is with this speech and I would hope everyone up his chain of command sees it and takes heed of his speech. This is in reference to several racial slurs being written on the doors of cadets at the Air Force Prep School - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/09/28/racial-slurs-written-on-doors-of-five-black-cadet-candidates-at-air-force-academy-preparatory-school/

https://www.facebook.com/USAFA.Official/videos/10155254479673853/?hc_ref=ARQ_Der-XggaPHGKR1hfHxlYmGnD8Wgl3joar9jdF2WhLZJzUC5_824qladK9efZshs
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Great speech, great words, great value clarification.

I would like to see the "better idea" concept more often here in the SC.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Ron,

no offense meant, but you are the least receptive person in this forum to the 'better idea' concept because you're convinced you already have the ultimate one. If it's in the Bible then it's necessarily the best idea...

Not once have I ever seen you retract a position you've taken when confronted with a 'better idea'. Instead you're always the victim with YOUR values and YOUR way of life being attacked which means that America must be worse off than it was. QED.

To implement the 'better idea' concept one must first have an open mind and to do that requires respect and a genuine attempt at understanding the positions and arguments of people who's viewpoints are different from yours. Some of those people might even be from different countries, religions, genders or sexualities.

No offense taken.

There is no way that I am going to denounce my faith in Christ or my path to follow Him because someone thinks they have a better idea.

I do not know how the so called victim status has been labeled on me. I do not live my life as a victim. I say what I think, I take responsibility and I am a winner. I give the credit and honor to Jesus Christ for my victory.

Now, why should I change that?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Says the guy who has gone out of his way to minimize the level of diversity he is exposed to.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Great speech, great words, great value clarification.

Says the guy who has gone out of his way to minimize the level of diversity he is exposed to.

How so?

Was that another shot fired by an uppity Caucasian?

I do not know how the so called victim status has been labeled on me. I do not live my life as a victim. I say what I think, I take responsibility and I am a winner.

Because you constantly find ways to complain about how other people choose to live their lives even when it has no impact on you whatsoever except for the fact that you choose to be offended.

Gay people getting married was the start of your whole society going downhill. The way NFL players behave while a song plays is a big deal. These things have nothing to do with you but you choose to be affected by them. You're a career victim searching for an oppressor.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

******Great speech, great words, great value clarification.

How so?

You have told us, a number of times, of the nature of your community.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

He's hiding living in the mountains to avoid gay people progressive liberals and thugs and gangbangers and terrorists.
He's proudly admitted that a number of times.

FIFY

kallend

*********Great speech, great words, great value clarification.

How so?

You have told us, a number of times, of the nature of your community.

Ah, I see your point. I'll own that.

I never realized that voicing a complaint was equal to being victimized. I don't buy it, must be a British thing.

Oh no, wait, it is a liberal thing.

RonD1120

He's hiding living in the mountains to avoid gay people progressive liberals

Yes, you've told us over and over again how you were a victim of a society that contained progressive liberals before you moved to one that didn't have any.

RonD1120

I never realized that voicing a complaint was equal to being victimized.

"The first thought I had was, once homosexual marriage was forced upon us we lost Biblical focus and everything became confusing."

Sure sounds like you're a forced victim there.

We are greatly saddened and angered that those who came after us, who have a better life than we had just want to spit on and disgrace our flag and our nation.

And I'm pretty sure that means you're a victim who can't compete in the arena of ideas.

jakee

***He's hiding living in the mountains to avoid gay people progressive liberals

Yes, you've told us over and over again how you were a victim of a society that contained progressive liberals before you moved to one that didn't have any.

That does not mean I was victim. It means that the Lord led me to a place where I no longer had to cope with them. However, the main reward of relocation for me was a safe haven from SHTF. I still think that is a possibility.

I dealt with those people successfully. I beat them at their game. I lost a few battles but in the end I won. Coping takes a tremendous amount of energy. Praise be unto Christ for giving me the grace, knowledge and comfort to cope until it was over.

Victims see no way out. Someone must be responsible and the government must fix it. That's how I see it.

jakee

***I never realized that voicing a complaint was equal to being victimized.

"The first thought I had was, once homosexual marriage was forced upon us we lost Biblical focus and everything became confusing."

Sure sounds like you're a forced victim there.

We are greatly saddened and angered that those who came after us, who have a better life than we had just want to spit on and disgrace our flag and our nation.

And I'm pretty sure that means you're a victim who can't compete in the arena of ideas.

No, again I state that I do not see victimization in that light.

God does not make those kind of people any more than He makes Christians. It is a choice of belief, lifestyle and anticipated reward.

RonD1120

No, again I state that I do not see victimization in that light.

So why do you see it in NFL players using their position to raise awareness for a cause?

Oh wait - it's because they're black and you're white. Because black people play the victim while white people take responsibility failures.