yoink

Police shoot at actor dressed as bank robber filming a movie

Bodycam footage here

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-41514782/police-shoot-at-actor-dressed-as-bank-robber-in-indiana

The movie makers are idiots. They failed to inform the police they'd be shooting a movie with a scene like this. If someone had actually been shot a large portion of the blame would have been on their heads.

BUT, to my completely untrained eye, the policeman either shoots with no provocation or he accidentally fires his weapon.
What say those of you with LEO experience?

Hard to tell but it looks more like an accidental discharge to me - if he genuinely thought he was threatened to the point where lethal force was necessary and therefore took the conscious talk to shoot, he wouldn't have stopped to have a chat about it after just the one shot and no appreciable change in the suspect's stance.

But yeah... stage a bank robbery for a movie at a bank and not at least tell the cops before hand? :S I'd want one there on staff FFS and the area sealed off. I guess they were on a budget but it doesn't cost much to at least give the locals a headsup.

mr2mk1g

Hard to tell but it looks more like an accidental discharge to me - if he genuinely thought he was threatened to the point where lethal force was necessary and therefore took the conscious talk to shoot, he wouldn't have stopped to have a chat about it after just the one shot and no appreciable change in the suspect's stance.

But yeah... stage a bank robbery for a movie at a bank and not at least tell the cops before hand? :S I'd want one there on staff FFS and the area sealed off. I guess they were on a budget but it doesn't cost much to at least give the locals a headsup.

Not a common thought these days but I feel bad for that cop, it did look like an accidental discharge and that looked like a real armed robbery!

As for the actor and producer, WTF bro? Even if the prop weapon is not obviously a toy(orange barrel cap, etc) it's even more WTF. Filming stuff like that with a "real", pro, amateur or other film production would employ a supervising weapons manager if there is a chargeable weapon even if no blank ammunition is on set. AND there would be a closed area, law enforcement awareness, etc.

Curious as to what was actually being filmed. It was a real bank? Did anyone in the bank know and approve it? W. T. F.! Everyone involved on the 'filming' side deserves a solid backhand slap across the face. I hope it hurts.

yoink

Bodycam footage here

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-41514782/police-shoot-at-actor-dressed-as-bank-robber-in-indiana

The movie makers are idiots. They failed to inform the police they'd be shooting a movie with a scene like this. If someone had actually been shot a large portion of the blame would have been on their heads.

BUT, to my completely untrained eye, the policeman either shoots with no provocation or he accidentally fires his weapon.
What say those of you with LEO experience?

Excuse me!?!?! LOL I'm cracking up, he was a lot nicer than I would have been. I'm sure he was thinking "Nice try buddy, the old movie line":D