jgoose71

Vegas Shooting: It's Charles Rangles Fault

If your going to blame the gun, you also have to blame Charles Wrangle (D, NY)

Why you ask? Charles Wrangle attached the Hughes Amendment to the Fire Arm Owners Protection act back in 1986, banning the sale of new Full Auto fire arms to the public.

Before that, you could by a new full auto machine gun. It was an NFA item. You had to register it with the government, pay a tax, submit a photo and fingerprints, and go through every back ground check known to the federal government, then wait close to a year for approval.

The passage of the Hughes amendment did for the trigger manipulation market what prohibition did for organized crime. It created it.

With no other option now for a free people, the free market created a whole new class of fire arm accessories designed to allow for faster trigger manipulation (technically not full auto, just aids in a similar rate of fire)

So your choice is clear, if you want gun control, you can either repeal the hughes amendment, or continue to chase technology. The second amendment isn't going anywhere so live with it.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

The second amendment isn't going anywhere so live with it.

Not right now. But someday. Probably when armed people threaten the establishment. Your argument that more access to fully automatic weapons would create less demand for bump stocks is true as far as that goes. But it would only make the problem worse. Obviously.

And Charlie Rangle was only one vote. The will of Congress was needed to pass that law. There is already talk of further laws against bump stocks. Some of it coming from Rs. But I'm sure the NRA will clamp down on the turncoats quickly.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>If your going to blame the gun, you also have to blame Charles Wrangle (D, NY)

And if you are going to blame parachute equipment for some skydiving incidents, you have to blame Bill Booth for all his inventions. If he had never invented the 3-ring, you'd never have problems with premature releases, stuck 3-rings or broken retaining loops. And if he'd never invented the throwout you wouldn't have problems with throwout PC's sitting in burbles, causing PC-in-tow incidents and getting entangled on things. And if he hadn't put his throwout in a pouch on the container, you wouldn't have wingsuiters coming up with all these bizarro and dangerous ways to get to their PC's. And that's a fact! Bill Booth is to blame.

So far in terms of people to blame for this shooting, the right wing has come up with:

-Charles Rangel
-Disrespect for Trump (really)
-ISIS
-Democrats in general
-CNN
-anthem protests

Anyone else? Obama and Clinton, surely. The rest of the media, perhaps? How about George Soros? He's always good for a two minute hate. Basically, anything to distract from the problem posed by angry, disturbed or insane people with high capacity weapons.

The second amendment isn't going anywhere so live with it.

I think you meant "die with it", because thousands are.

I have yet to hear a cry for it to be removed though. We have current gun laws with taking the right away, clearly we could use some more and enforcement of those currently in place as well as background checks on every weapons transfer.
I wouldn't oppose registration, licensing, and inuring that weapon either. We suddenly have many people who will both physically and financially pay for being innocently shot and possibly being financially and physically ruined for life because it.

billvon

>If your going to blame the gun, you also have to blame Charles Wrangle (D, NY)

And if you are going to blame parachute equipment for some skydiving incidents, you have to blame Bill Booth for all his inventions. If he had never invented the 3-ring, you'd never have problems with premature releases, stuck 3-rings or broken retaining loops. And if he'd never invented the throwout you wouldn't have problems with throwout PC's sitting in burbles, causing PC-in-tow incidents and getting entangled on things. And if he hadn't put his throwout in a pouch on the container, you wouldn't have wingsuiters coming up with all these bizarro and dangerous ways to get to their PC's. And that's a fact! Bill Booth is to blame.

So far in terms of people to blame for this shooting, the right wing has come up with:

-Charles Rangel
-Disrespect for Trump (really)
-ISIS
-Democrats in general
-CNN
-anthem protests

Anyone else? Obama and Clinton, surely. The rest of the media, perhaps? How about George Soros? He's always good for a two minute hate. Basically, anything to distract from the problem posed by angry, disturbed or insane people with high capacity weapons.

Nice deflection Bill....

All of your listed parachute mods were to make parachuting safer and more reliable.

Trigger manipulation devices don't do anything but increase rate of fire. They even make accuracy worse actually decreasing safety, because often times you have to grip the rifle in an awkward way to use them.

But they were all invented to try to give the user the simulated feel of full auto. Thank you Hughes amendment....

Before the passage of the Hughes amendment, NFA crimes were so low they were statistically non existent. As stated, the back ground checks and processes to possess a machine gun were extensive. The rules and regulations to get one were terrible with a year long wait time, but at least you could still get one. Rangle had a solution that created a problem.

The Hughes amendment created the market for this. And the Obama ATF approved it. Facts are facts.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

More importantly we finally found a way to blame Democrats.

When I was about 6 years old my Mom told me not to do something so I did it anyway and said that it was mean of her to tell me not to do it and so that's why I did it.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

This is without a doubt one of the dumbest things I've recently read.

No.

The solution is not simply swinging the doors open, but properly written laws that avoids language filled with loopholes.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

DJL

More importantly we finally found a way to blame Democrats.

When I was about 6 years old my Mom told me not to do something so I did it anyway and said that it was mean of her to tell me not to do it and so that's why I did it.

I'm more than willing to drop the (D) and (R) and just say government. I haven't found a problem yet that can't be traced back to a government regulation of some sort.

normiss

NRA now says feds should review whether bump stocks are even legal, and they "should be subject to *additional* regulations."

Wow I would say that is a step in the right direction. When has the NRA ever talked about more regulation?
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

quade

This is without a doubt one of the dumbest things I've recently read.

No.

The solution is not simply swinging the doors open, but properly written laws that avoids language filled with loopholes.

You honestly think funneling people back through the NFA is "Swinging the doors wide open"?

I don't want to think about what your productivity level at work looks like....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

>All of your listed parachute mods were to make parachuting safer and more reliable.

That was certainly his intent; to reduce skydiving deaths. He doesn't always succeed - but usually he does.

Similarly, it was certainly Rangle's intent to reduce shooting deaths. Doesn't always work, of course.

>It is very surprising to hear the NRA make such a statement, unless it's just for show.

It is a dilemma for them, surely. They almost universally oppose any regulation, but this is an opportunity to blame Obama for something - and that's difficult to pass up.

billvon

>It is very surprising to hear the NRA make such a statement, unless it's just for show.

It is a dilemma for them, surely. They almost universally oppose any regulation, but this is an opportunity to blame Obama for something - and that's difficult to pass up.

What they're trying to do is avoid actual debate and legislation. If they specifically give the ATF authority to regulate the bump stock, then they can avoid talking and possible laws about the actual guns themselves.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

billvon

>All of your listed parachute mods were to make parachuting safer and more reliable.

That was certainly his intent; to reduce skydiving deaths. He doesn't always succeed - but usually he does.

Similarly, it was certainly Rangle's intent to reduce shooting deaths. Doesn't always work, of course.

Which comes to the age old question, do you want to judge actions by intent or results?

As long as people think the biggest issue is liberals or conservatives, and not deaths, there can't be a reasonable discussion. And that's a shame, because all those dead people had families, most of whom loved them. Even if they were stupid, or criminal, or minorities.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

"Your argument that more access to fully automatic weapons would create less demand for bump stocks is true as far as that goes. But it would only make the problem worse. Obviously. "

Actually it would significantly reduce the popularity of machine guns. Before 82 or when ever it was, machine guns were not that big a deal. They were not expensive. They were not an investment. And they were a pain in the ass. The paperwork is a pain and if you want to know the truth they lose their charm real fast. You blow through ammo quite fast. It's great the first time. Then you have to buy another brick of ammo... after the third time you pretty much never shoot it again. Then you resale the fucking thing. It was the closing of the transferable registry that created this huge demand and market. And transferable machine guns NEVER or almost never are used in crimes. So the NFA was passed back in the 30's. So like 80 years ago. Do you know how many crimes have been committed with transferable machine guns in that 80 years? I actually would need to look this up, but for a long time it was 1. That's ONE as in singular. I thing there has now been a second crime committed with a registered transferable machine gun. Some one told me there had been a second. So if that law in the 80's had never been passed. Interest in machine guns would have never grown. No one would have ever had any motivation to create any of these fucked up triggers or stocks and some of them are pretty fucked up. They really are useless and some dangerous, not controllable, etc. There is a trigger where it fires when you pull the trigger and it fires again when you let go. So you fire one shot and your stuck. The gun is going to fire again whether you want it to or not when you let go. It's dangerous. I can't believe they make this. And I'm a gun guy. Maybe you could try to turn the safety on while you try to hold the trigger down... I don't know. Non of this stupid red neck shit existed before the law in the 80's.

Bad news is there is no going back. All the class three guys will never ever let you repeal that law. They have their life savings tied up in over priced transferable guns. Like 10 or 20 times the value.

They fuck up good when they passed that law.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

tkhayes

The NRA supported regulations after the St Valentines Day massacre. They also supported Reagans carry legislation in CA when he was Governor.

They started changing their mind when LBJ was in office but I have no idea why.

Pragmatic politics.

Phil1111

***The NRA supported regulations after the St Valentines Day massacre. They also supported Reagans carry legislation in CA when he was Governor.

They started changing their mind when LBJ was in office but I have no idea why.

Pragmatic politics.

GCA '68.

When it was "machine guns", they didn't care much.
Back then, carrying a pistol for self defense wasn't fashionable.

But when cheap imports were cut off, when they put some pretty arbitrary restrictions on what could come into the country, a lot of people were unhappy.

When the FFL system was put in place, a lot of the big mail order outfits were unhappy.

When it became apparent that, for some politicians, this was "just the beginning", then the NRA became involved.
That actually marked the beginning of the NRA as a political entity, rather than a training and education entity.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo