Bob_Church

Lord of the Flies, the real life version

No. Don't know about the backwards images.

The People's Justice League even has a pinpoint perpetrators's map, so you can see where these violators live!

If you ever started a joke with,"...a midget walked into a bar..."
( a microaggression for sure- 'pun intended') you'd be on the perp list and your home would be pinpointed on their map.

dpreguy

No way - you perp!

Even worse if the dyslectic bartender was a member of DAD.
(DAD = the American Dyslectics Association)

Oops, there I go on the perp map.

All of these jokes pale in comparison to what happened today. Someone posted the same information about them (doxxing??) and they are insisting that Facebook remove it immediately.

https://www.athensnews.com/news/local/fb-page-doxxes-area-activists-others-after-flag-debate/article_cc4e4934-ae9d-11e7-957a-c7efe1415098.html

Bob_Church

***No way - you perp!

All of these jokes pale in comparison to what happened today. Someone posted the same information about them (doxxing??) and they are insisting that Facebook remove it immediately.

https://www.athensnews.com/news/local/fb-page-doxxes-area-activists-others-after-flag-debate/article_cc4e4934-ae9d-11e7-957a-c7efe1415098.html

As much as I hate fascists (especially whiny kids who don't even have the balls to own their fascism), I can't stand doxxing, regardless of how scummy the target is or which side of the aisle you sit on.

You find out where the weasel works and want to let their employer know directly the kinds of shit they get up to on their spare time? Have at it. Don't throw it out there for Joe Public.
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

Iago

******No way - you perp!

I was taught that turnabout is fair play an I'm a mutual type of guy. I tend to respond the way I am treated.

The Anti-fascist fascists put someone else's info on the net accusing them of being Nazis. Now they're complaining their info got posted. Fuck them.

And the pathetic thing is that I can't find any difference between what the PJL did and what is called doxing when it happened to them. The so-called doxxes are imitating PJL's MO.

Bob_Church

And the pathetic thing is that I can't find any difference between what the PJL did and what is called doxing when it happened to them. The so-called doxxes are imitating PJL's MO.

Slight point of order - doxxing is historically the attack of choice of the trollier elements of the web that have more extreme right-leaning views. While I still agree it's an atrocious practise, it's more a case here that PJL got on board with the tactic of "the enemy" and now someone's throwing it back their way.
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

mistercwood

***And the pathetic thing is that I can't find any difference between what the PJL did and what is called doxing when it happened to them. The so-called doxxes are imitating PJL's MO.

Slight point of order - doxxing is historically the attack of choice of the trollier elements of the web that have more extreme right-leaning views. While I still agree it's an atrocious practise, it's more a case here that PJL got on board with the tactic of "the enemy" and now someone's throwing it back their way.

Thanks. This is all new to me.

>Remember when campuses and liberal groups were bastions of free speech.

You mean back in the sixties?

When the US government was shooting and killing protesters on college campuses? When Berkeley banned "political organization" on parts of its campus, and students were arrested for doing it anyway? When the police and National Guard were called in to stop peaceful Vietnam War protests? When colleges outright prohibited discussions of the Vietnam War?

Yep, remember those halcyon days of freedom. . . nowadays it's like a Nazi can't even talk without people getting angry at him!

billvon

>Remember when campuses and liberal groups were bastions of free speech.

When the US government was shooting and killing protesters on college campuses? When Berkeley banned "political organization" on parts of its campus, and students were arrested for doing it anyway? When the police and National Guard were called in to stop peaceful Vietnam War protests? When colleges outright prohibited discussions of the Vietnam War?

Yep, remember those halcyon days of freedom. . . nowadays it's like a Nazi can't even talk without people getting angry at him!

That's just desperate. It's getting way too weird for me.

Bob_Church

***>Remember when campuses and liberal groups were bastions of free speech.

That's just desperate. It's getting way too weird for me.

What do you mean "desperate"?

That's how it was.

It seems when you are proven to be wrong, you accuse people of 'putting words in your mouth", or call them 'desperate'.

I thought you were "out" a week or so ago.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>That's how it was.

Yep. My parents grew up during that time, and they talk about wondering whether the US would survive the fighting, rioting, bigotry and a government that was tearing itself apart. The US was involved in a war it couldn't win, and the only question was what form losing would take. The USSR was moving nuclear missiles into Cuba to target the US and winning the space race. Nuclear annihilation from the skies, without warning, was a very real and present threat. Kids practiced "duck and cover" in schools, hoping they would get even a few seconds of warning.

But now that 50 years have gone by, it's a halcyon time where "bastions of free speech" ruled the day.

This isn't specific to Bob; most people do this to one degree or another. "Why, when I was younger, kids had RESPECT! They honored their parents, respected their elders and were patriots! Not like kids today, with their rap and their drugs, always glued to their phones."

You don't know what bastion means, do you? Hint, it's nowhere near synonymous with haven.

billvon

>That's how it was.

Yep. My parents grew up during that time, and they talk about wondering whether the US would survive the fighting, rioting, bigotry and a government that was tearing itself apart. The US was involved in a war it couldn't win, and the only question was what form losing would take. The USSR was moving nuclear missiles into Cuba to target the US and winning the space race. Nuclear annihilation from the skies, without warning, was a very real and present threat. Kids practiced "duck and cover" in schools, hoping they would get even a few seconds of warning.

But now that 50 years have gone by, it's a halcyon time where "bastions of free speech" ruled the day.

This isn't specific to Bob; most people do this to one degree or another. "Why, when I was younger, kids had RESPECT! They honored their parents, respected their elders and were patriots! Not like kids today, with their rap and their drugs, always glued to their phones."

Bob_Church

You don't know what bastion means, do you? Hint, it's nowhere near synonymous with haven.

Google search says:

an institution, place, or person strongly defending or upholding particular principles, attitudes, or activities.

Sounds at least a little bit synonymous with "haven".
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo