airdvr

Former NPR CEO opens up about liberal media bias

1. It's not like he left NPR on exactly amicable terms (he was forced out so might have a bit of a grudge).

2. He has a book to sell.

3. Most of the article doesn't come close to reflecting the tone of the headline.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Good article and I found it accurate.

A quote I found interesting:

At Urbana, I met dozens of people who were dedicating their lives to the mission, spreading the good news of Jesus, of course, but doing so through a life of charity and compassion for others: staffing remote hospitals, building homes for the homeless and, in one case, flying a “powered parachute” over miles of uninhabited jungle in the western Congo to bring a little bit of entertainment, education and relief to some of the remotest villages you could imagine. It was all inspiring — and a little foolhardy, if you ask me about the safety of a powered parachute — but it left me with a very different impression of a community that was previously known to me only through Jerry Falwell and the movie “Footloose.”

He points out that liberals in the media outnumber the conservatives about 5:1. Therefore it is very common and easy to develop the groupthink that influences our news.

Thanks for sharing.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

IMO there is generally a liberal bias in the news.

CNN for sure anti-trump, with a moderate left bias.
BBC just slightly left of center, but generally the most objective for tv coverage. Website has less monotering and thus slightly more left of center.
FOX, so far out right that its not even funny.They really don't bring in objective guests to deal with economics,finance, foreign politics. Although they bring in democrats to interview.

Media bias is a fact of life. They are typically reflective of the market they serve. For most in the world its the pro government bias.

The magazine with the least, but slightly left bias is Economist.

The best place to start looking for news is:
http://www.worldpress.org/gateway.htm

Anyone who gets news from sole sources without shopping for a disparate view will never understand those from a different culture.

IMO, anti-Trump doesn't always equal a left bias. CNN does have Trump supporters and defenders on a lot.

I'm in full agreement with your last sentence though - more so when we have access to pretty much everything the world over at our fingertips.

normiss

IMO, anti-Trump doesn't always equal a left bias. CNN does have Trump supporters and defenders on a lot.

I'm in full agreement with your last sentence though - more so when we have access to pretty much everything the world over at our fingertips.

I absolutely agree. I think McCain and Lindsay Graham are the best in the senate and I agree with most of their views. On foreign policy they typically have views that make democrats look like high school students. But they actually leave Washington. Travel the world to see what the locals and US department of state personnel on the ground in the foreign country have to say.

Phil1111

IMO there is generally a liberal bias in the news.

BBC just slightly left of center, but generally the most objective for tv coverage. Website has less monotering and thus slightly more left of center.

The Beeb is far from left of centre having become the propaganda mouthpiece for the current Tory government. There have been several studies showing it's right leaning bias and regularly contravenes its own guidance on being fair and unbiased. Mind you, compared to some of the US programming, it might appear to be left of centre but here in the UK its not.

Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

rifleman

***IMO there is generally a liberal bias in the news.

The Beeb is far from left of centre having become the propaganda mouthpiece for the current Tory government. There have been several studies showing it's right leaning bias and regularly contravenes its own guidance on being fair and unbiased. Mind you, compared to some of the US programming, it might appear to be left of centre but here in the UK its not.

I'm just looking at its coverage of world affairs US and Euro politics. Whenever it talks about the Queen, your PM, etc. its off to another channel!

Phil1111

The magazine with the least, but slightly left bias is Economist.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that this afternoon. The Economist is clearly but only a bit right leaning, though I suppose it should be mentioned that even the American left is to the right of most countries' right in a lot of ways.