billvon

Trump's disrespect of military family

Don't expect him to do the right thing now and those working for him do so with the expectation that they may be called to fall on the sword one day. That's what they signed up for.

That's a good point. I could see Trump demanding Kelly resign in a few months due to all the fallout of the Niger fiasco.

Blacksmith311

Totally agree with the comment about him lying about saying it, but it seems it was as I suspected. He said “he knew what he signed up for..., but when it happens it still hurts.

I wouldn’t have taken that the wrong way, I can see how it could by someone with a different point of view. Still does not fix the lying part though.

While I agree that the statement can be said to comfort, it should only be used by someone that has 'signed up' himself.
President Bone spur does not meet that standard, and coming from his mouth it was insulting.
So he claimed he never said it.
And could prove it.

instead, it is proved that he did.
So he attacks; never admit a lie.

This has devolved from a reality show to the gong show.
It's time for the hook.
But what do I know?

fasted3

While I agree that the statement can be said to comfort, it should only be used by someone that has 'signed up' himself.
President Bone spur does not meet that standard, and coming from his mouth it was insulting.

He was saying: "WTF, there isn't even a draft, like I dodged, and he signed up anyway. " So, it make sense to say that (in his mind).