billvon

Trump's disrespect of military family

Splitting this out because this is getting bigger:
================
The latest is that Sarah Huckabee is not denying that Trump said "he knew what he signed up for" - which Trump claims is a lie. All she will say is that it was 'respectful.' When asked directly if he said those words, she replied "I spoke specifically to the sentiment that was offered by the president. I didn’t get into the details."

And there's no recording, so no "proof."

So the White House knows he said it. Will be interesting to see how Trump responds to his own people contradicting him. Will also be interesting to see how FOX spins this.

skinnay

Predictably, absolutely zero rage from conservatives. I wonder why?

Well, they only have so much energy.

They have to save their energy for things like gerrymandering voting districts, opposing universal health care, cutting taxes on the very rich, opposing birth control for women, trying to overturn Roe v Wade, cutting college aid for the poor, cutting funding to schools in poor neighborhoods, vilifying the LGBT community, worrying about who is in which bathroom, wrapping themselves in the flag, opposing background checks for all gun purchases, denying that humans affect the climate, getting rid of clean air and water regulations............

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's not an attack on a military family. It would have been an 'attack' if he had said something like "He got what he deserved".

He was totally disrespectful, not attacking anyone. He has zero empathy which is one of the many symptoms of a sociopathic narcissist, which he clearly is.

Not sure why anyone expects anything less from him, we already are fully aware of what a fucking dickwad this guy is, and we continue to beat it to death, as if somehow a republican congress is going to impeach this guy... or do ANYTHING. They are not.

Like Kallend said, they are too busy fucking over the general populace to be bothered with what Trump said this morning, in fact, they probably enjoy the distraction.

time to get off it and start protesting in front of your representatives offices or at least calling them every single day and sending them lots of letters.

>While watching this unfold I just feel shitty for that family who was already mourning a loss
>and now is suddenly in the middle of a political pissing match that they didn't ask for.

Yep. Nothing like losing a family member and then having to deal with reporters with a thousand questions.

He was definitely insensitive. However, the Democratic US Rep. that was with the family when they received the call, Frederica Wilson, is the wrong person to be calling Trump out on it.

Her voting record shows an anti-vet and military bias. And, predictably, she's getting some heat for it. Doesn't make the threats made against her okay though.

>However, the Democratic US Rep. that was with the family when they received the call, Frederica
>Wilson, is the wrong person to be calling Trump out on it.

Yes. Republicans would definitely prefer if such disrespect towards the families of slain US soldiers remained hidden. That way the only people that suffer are the families, instead of Trump and his supporters.

Yet in this case after they politicized this issue, they attempt to shift that disrespect to those that call them out for it in the first place.
"We didn't disrespect anyone, that woman, the congresswoman, she disrespected us. And other stuff."

BTW I looked at that list, starting from the bottom.

She voted against terminating the home affordable modification program (i.e. she voted to keep it.) That's a program that prevented banks from foreclosing on people's homes, and required banks to accept a smaller payment over a longer time linked to the person's income. That HELPED veterans and she voted to keep it.

She didn't vote on the next appropriations bill. Very hard to claim that she is therefore against veterans.

The next appropriations bill she voted on (actually the same one at a different point in the process) contained money for 19 different government agencies, only one of which was the VA. It also included money for HUD, DHS, statues and rural development. If this had been a republican, they would have been lauding her for voting against wasteful government spending.

So she sounds about a good a person as any to point out disrespect towards vets.

If I heard Trump (or Obama, or GWB) say that to the family of a slain veteran, you can bet I'd tell other people about it. I strongly suspect you would, too.

I'm sorry, I just don't get what all the hype is about. This is not Trump attacking or disrespecting anyone. I'm sorry and it is sad that you feel that way. But the fact of the matter is that this is another case of Trump "telling it like it is"!

Finally we have a politician who is not afraid to say the truth and doesn't cower behind some political BS. EVERY person in the military knows that when they sign up they are putting their lives on the line to protect our FREEDOM. We should all be glad and rejoice/celebrate the fact that he died so that we can continue to have an open press and criticize the government, carry our AK47s, not have government solders living in our houses, and propping up corrupt rulers in countries friendly to our corporate interests. I for one say thank God he died for without his death we would be overrun with leaders who are incompetent buffoons that have no sense of empathy.

CygnusX-1

I'm sorry, I just don't get what all the hype is about. This is not Trump attacking or disrespecting anyone. I'm sorry and it is sad that you feel that way. But the fact of the matter is that this is another case of Trump "telling it like it is"!

Finally we have a politician who is not afraid to say the truth and doesn't cower behind some political BS. EVERY person in the military knows that when they sign up they are putting their lives on the line to protect our FREEDOM. We should all be glad and rejoice/celebrate the fact that he died so that we can continue to have an open press and criticize the government, carry our AK47s, not have government solders living in our houses, and propping up corrupt rulers in countries friendly to our corporate interests. I for one say thank God he died for without his death we would be overrun with leaders who are incompetent buffoons that have no sense of empathy.

Amen
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

CygnusX-1

That was really well done. 10 out of 10.

I had typed out about three quarters of a line by line rebuttal before I realised it was a parody:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

skinnay

***While watching this unfold I just feel shitty for that family who was already mourning a loss and now is suddenly in the middle of a political pissing match that they didn't ask for.

Don't feel bad, he knew what he signed up for.

Someone should tell Trump that when he complains about the lying press.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>I had typed out about three quarters of a line by line rebuttal before I realised it was a parody

Trumpoe's Law - it's impossible to do a parody of Trump (or a Trump supporter) that someone won't take seriously. Because, really, is there ANYTHING so low, so stupid or so irresponsible that Trump wouldn't do it? And could he possibly do anything his supporters wouldn't defend?

I mean, if tomorrow I see a headline "Trump calls for a Final Solution for immigrants" I'd really have to look to see if it was an Onion/Borowitz piece, or if Trump snuck out of the Oval with his phone and tweeted before Kelly could catch him.

billvon

>I had typed out about three quarters of a line by line rebuttal before I realised it was a parody

Trumpoe's Law - it's impossible to do a parody of Trump (or a Trump supporter) that someone won't take seriously. Because, really, is there ANYTHING so low, so stupid or so irresponsible that Trump wouldn't do it? And could he possibly do anything his supporters wouldn't defend?

I mean, if tomorrow I see a headline "Trump calls for a Final Solution for immigrants" I'd really have to look to see if it was an Onion/Borowitz piece, or if Trump snuck out of the Oval with his phone and tweeted before Kelly could catch him.

Yeah, I took the bait. Damn.