nolhtairt

Another terror attack

This time in lower Manhattan by the WTC...

Apparently a Muslim mowed down a bunch of people on a bike path, killing 8 and injuring at least 11 more, then got out with a gun and yelled "ALLAHU AKBAR!" and started shooting.

Police wounded the little shit and is in custody. Should have vented his head. :|

nolhtairt

This time in lower Manhattan by the WTC...

Apparently a Muslim mowed down a bunch of people on a bike path, killing 8 and injuring at least 11 more, then got out with a gun and yelled "ALLAHU AKBAR!" and started shooting.

Police wounded the little shit and is in custody. Should have vented his head. :|

I strongly oppose killing Islamic terrorists. They are simply misguided, and appropriate therapy is in order.

After sex reassignment and counseling, they can be safely sent home.

In the long run these attacks with motor vehicles are going to be bad news. I don't see any easy way to stop them. Do any of you?

Guns are easy - make them disappear and society would carry on but that's just not the case with transport. Removing them would literally cause capitalist society to stop functioning.
Fully autonomous cars / trucks with no human interface are probably somewhat of a solution, but that's going to be a tough sell even when the technology is perfected.

Unfortunately we just have to rely on better intelligence for now I think. But how much intrusion into your lives are you willing to put up with for that intelligence? I know most Americans see the UK as very much a big-brother state... and it's certainly getting that way. What would you accept in terms of giving up some privacy to try and better our intelligence.

For me the government can read all the emails or internet traffic they want - I've long been of the opinion that anything digitally transferred via the internet isn't private anyway. They can put cameras in public areas... More than that I start getting uncomfortable with.

yoink

In the long run these attacks with motor vehicles are going to be bad news. I don't see any easy way to stop them. Do any of you?

Guns are easy - make them disappear and society would carry on but that's just not the case with transport. Removing them would literally cause capitalist society to stop functioning.
Fully autonomous cars / trucks with no human interface are probably somewhat of a solution, but that's going to be a tough sell even when the technology is perfected.

Yes, because the tool’s the issue, not the behavior. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

kallend

***White American christian terrorists are still in the lead.

I didn't realize the religious nutters were competing in the biggest asshole contest.

Their not, but the anti religious nutters have to blame something.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Bolas

***In the long run these attacks with motor vehicles are going to be bad news. I don't see any easy way to stop them. Do any of you?

Yes, because the tool’s the issue, not the behavior. :|

Fucking apathy is the issue, apparently.

Now that ISIS's caliphate is dead in Mosel and Raqqa. They will likely now revert back underground and into a terrorist organization, and what happened today will be uncomfortably normal.

This is a Frontline documentary of the Iraqi Special Forces soldiers fighting the battle in Mosel and killing these terrorist before then can make there way here.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/mosul/

BartsDaddy

******White American christian terrorists are still in the lead.

I didn't realize the religious nutters were competing in the biggest asshole contest.

TheirTHEY'RE not, but the anti religious nutters have to blame something.

So let's blame trucks then.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

White American christian terrorists are still in the lead.

I don't know about that, it seems brown people are overrepresented when it comes to their fair share of killings, at least in this country anyway - maybe even in the world, unless perhaps you count the 100+ millions killed by white Eastern European atheists. . .

(Is this the type of racist dialogue that gets you off?)

Your response is really no different than Trump's when he says, "but, but, what about Hillary?"

kallend

*********White American christian terrorists are still in the lead.

Hear, hear!

A hue and cry to end Truck Violence is warranted!

Do you realize that anyone can obtain a truck without a background check or waiting period? With only a driver's license and a credit card one can obtain a truck in minutes in any one of a number of locations within minutes of where I sit. This is madness!

Think of the children!

winsor

************White American christian terrorists are still in the lead.

Hear, hear!

A hue and cry to end Truck Violence is warranted!

Do you realize that anyone can obtain a truck without a background check or waiting period? With only a driver's license and a credit card one can obtain a truck in minutes in any one of a number of locations within minutes of where I sit. This is madness!

Think of the children!

Ban modified stock cars! Could you imagine the damage if found in the hands of a nutter!

(actually, my bad. There really is no reason to rub it in. The war against guns is all but lost. . .)

I just purchased another truck. It's one of them big honkin' V-8 four door mothers. A gas guzzlin' powerhouse of American pride. Hell yeah!
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

No, I'm glad the guy wasn't killed. Hopefully he'll eventually provide information. Preferably in an "oh shit did I really say that" moment, that both helps the good guys, and makes him feel like the idiot and asshole he is.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

I just purchased another truck. It's one of them big honkin' V-8 four door mothers. A gas guzzlin' powerhouse of American pride. Hell yeah!

Way to go!!

And I love my turbo diesel daily driver!
And I have bumped it up a 100 horse and get better mpg too!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Some of the posts in this thread beggar belief.

8 people are dead from a vehicle attack but instead of talking about the event itself, the usual suspects are unsubtly making gun-rights arguments. Why? Piss off over to one of the mass shootings threads and make your points there.

Believe it or not, not everything is about guns or your access to them.

I thought there was an interesting discussion to be had about the future of terror and how much people would accept limitations to their privacy in the name of security. I even said in my initial post that removing vehicles isn't a solution and we should concentrate on intelligence but apparently this doesn't stop your fucking moronic bleating. You see the word 'gun' somewhere in a post and your're instantly spewing out your standard replies in an almost Pavlovian reflex.

It must be very comforting to live in a world where actual comprehension and thought are completely optional.

Ehecatl

***Police wounded the little shit and is in custody. Should have vented his head. :|

Step 1: A medal for the policeman.
Step 2: Remedial marksmanship training for the policeman.

Aiming at centre of visible mass is how they're trained.

Not killing him means potentially developing better understanding of how these people self-radicalize. That's of tremendous value.