Ehecatl

Kennedy Assassination

Ehecatl

With the release of the JFK assassination documents, it will fuel speculation once again about conspiracy theories. What do you think?

He acted alone. Johnson and the Alphabet agencies didn't want everyone to know that they should have picked up LHO before he had the chance to kill Kennedy. They wanted a nice neat cleanup and their efforts fueled all the conspiracy theories that have since sprouted up.

Even this thing about a British newspaper getting a call 25 minutes before it happened is going to spur some more intrigue when it was probably just whatever front desk employee they had working that day who wrote down the wrong time.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I don't believe there was an alphabet conspiracy; but I also have it on good authority that Oswald could not have made that shot - so I won't vote.

Craig Roberts was a former Marine sniper who later wrote a book on the JFK assassination called “Kill Zone.” Roberts visited the 6th floor window of the Texas School Book Depository and instantly realized that Oswald could not have performed the shooting feat because he knew that he himself could not. And he was a professional.

Roberts interviewed Sergeant Carlos Hathcock, the former senior instructor at the Marines Corps Sniper Instruction School at Quantico, Virginia. Roberts asked Hathcock if he thought Oswald could have done what the Warren Commission said he did. Hathcock said no.

Hathcock reconstructed the assassination at Quantico: the angle, moving target, time limit etc. he told Roberts, “I don’t know how many times we tried it, but we couldn’t duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did.

SOURCE: http://www.plaintruth.com/the_plain_truth/2013/11/jfk-how-good-of-a-shot-was-oswald.html

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

I don't believe there was an alphabet conspiracy; but I also have it on good authority that Oswald could not have made that shot - so I won't vote.

Craig Roberts was a former Marine sniper who later wrote a book on the JFK assassination called “Kill Zone.” Roberts visited the 6th floor window of the Texas School Book Depository and instantly realized that Oswald could not have performed the shooting feat because he knew that he himself could not. And he was a professional.

Roberts interviewed Sergeant Carlos Hathcock, the former senior instructor at the Marines Corps Sniper Instruction School at Quantico, Virginia. Roberts asked Hathcock if he thought Oswald could have done what the Warren Commission said he did. Hathcock said no.

Hathcock reconstructed the assassination at Quantico: the angle, moving target, time limit etc. he told Roberts, “I don’t know how many times we tried it, but we couldn’t duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did.

SOURCE: http://www.plaintruth.com/the_plain_truth/2013/11/jfk-how-good-of-a-shot-was-oswald.html

There have been several others who showed that the gun and a capable shooter could make those shots. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcjKYBccoqs I don't think an assessment of someone as a 20-year-old E-nothing on the shooting range means he could never learn to be a good shooter. How many of you guys know people who were complete goofs when they were in but now they're a tactical super soldier on the range.

Also "The Plain Truth" is a wingnut conspiracy website.

The youtube video demonstrates static positioning and time ability... nothing about a moving target. I'll take Craig's and Hathcock's exploration and expertise over that.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

The youtube video demonstrates static positioning and time ability... nothing about a moving target. I'll take Craig's and Hathcock's exploration and expertise over that.

Sigh, ...... yet the shot was made, JFK was killed, and there is no credible evidence of another shooter.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

> I also have it on good authority that Oswald could not have made that shot

He couldn't have made it 9 out of 10 times. He could have made it 1 out of 10 times - and that's all it took.

Reagan was lucky, JFK was not. Or, Hinkley was unlucky and Oswald was not. The bullets had to go somewhere once fired.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

BIGUN

I don't have time to look it all up and post it but there are several assertions that Craig Roberts was looking at the wrong locations for where the shots were taken. Here's an overhead map if you want to compare it to Roberts' description.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1tTHBhemxkuN-OPEkfqjKSb0KIgE&hl=en_US&ll=32.77941522048312%2C-96.80832985400201&z=20

Next, I can't find any mention of Hathcock's experiment aside from people on internet forums saying that he tried it and quoting Craig Roberts as the source of this report. It wouldn't be the first time that someone writing a book got their information wrong.

billvon

> I also have it on good authority that Oswald could not have made that shot

He couldn't have made it 9 out of 10 times. He could have made it 1 out of 10 times - and that's all it took.

More like 2 out of 3 times. First shot to hit Kennedy went through his neck, the other took the top of his head off, IIRC

Edited to fix numbers.

billvon

>More like 2 out of 10 times. First shot to hit Kennedy went through his neck, the other took the
>top of his head off, IIRC

Didn't his first shot miss?

Look at the Dan Rather video I posted. They show the times at which the video shakes when the bullets are fired. One was quite early, the second as he's at the sign, the third with the final shot. The full time in which the three shots were fired is more like 8.5 seconds. The original time that the Warren Commission was working with is 5.5 seconds and is most often quoted.

DJL

***The youtube video demonstrates static positioning and time ability... nothing about a moving target. I'll take Craig's and Hathcock's exploration and expertise over that.

I don't have time to look it all up and post it but there are several assertions that Craig Roberts was looking at the wrong locations for where the shots were taken. Here's an overhead map if you want to compare it to Roberts' description.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1tTHBhemxkuN-OPEkfqjKSb0KIgE&hl=en_US&ll=32.77941522048312%2C-96.80832985400201&z=20

Next, I can't find any mention of Hathcock's experiment aside from people on internet forums saying that he tried it and quoting Craig Roberts as the source of this report. It wouldn't be the first time that someone writing a book got their information wrong.

A direct quote from Hathcock, "Let me tell you what we did at Quantico. We reconstructed the whole thing: the angle, the range, the moving target, the time limit, the obstacles, everything. I don't know how many times we tried it, but we couldn't duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did."

While the quote is from the book; I know this to be true because I've known Craig since the '80's and was present during more than one dinner meeting while he was interviewing Hathcock for the book. Craig and Charles Sasser (whom I've known longer) were co-authors on the book "One Shot - One Kill" about Hathcock) which at one time was required reading at the USMA) which was later made into the movie with Tom Berenger. Both authors have a vast amount of experience in these matters. Feel free to look up their bios.

BIGUN

******The youtube video demonstrates static positioning and time ability... nothing about a moving target. I'll take Craig's and Hathcock's exploration and expertise over that.

A direct quote from Hathcock, "Let me tell you what we did at Quantico. We reconstructed the whole thing: the angle, the range, the moving target, the time limit, the obstacles, everything. I don't know how many times we tried it, but we couldn't duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did."

While the quote is from the book; I know this to be true because I've known Craig since the '80's and was present during more than one dinner meeting while he was interviewing Hathcock for the book. Craig and Charles Sasser (whom I've known longer) were co-authors on the book "One Shot - One Kill" about Hathcock) which at one time was required reading at the USMA) which was later made into the movie with Tom Berenger. Both authors have a vast amount of experience in these matters. Feel free to look up their bios.

Already looked them up. The Warren Commission would have been working with 5.5 seconds for all three shots. Do you know what time limit they were working with?

BIGUN

5.5 seconds for all three shots

I'll bet they could do it if they were working with 8.x seconds or 5.5 seconds between the 2nd and 3rd shot.

billvon

Crooked Hillary! First it was the sex ring in the pizza parlor, then it was her killing Vince Foster with polonium, then she faked the Moon landings (of course) now she's shooting presidents! When will you sheeple WAKE UP?

Don't forget that she shipped all our nukes to Russia.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.