billvon

Puerto Rico disconnect

wolfriverjoe

******> If the local labor isn't planned, staged, and available from the local government
> the operation fails.

Yep. Like all those New Yorkers responsible for not dealing with the city's problems after 9/11 quickly enough, and demanding all sorts of help from the feds. Some people just can't take responsibility for themselves.

Wow, that is just incredible.

In what way?

Seriously, after Texas & Florida got hit, there was a huge outpouring of support. State, local, federal, media, social media, sports figures, everything.

It was handled well.

After Puerto Rico got hit, the public response was non-existent.

When Trump said "we're doing a fantastic job", it was clearly not the case.
When the mayor said "we need help", Trump and all the "Trumpettes" attack her.

What.
The.
Fuck.

Pop star Lady Gaga suggested Saturday that President Trump “isn’t helping” Puerto Rico because it lacks electoral votes.

“Oh I see @realDonaldTrump you're not helping [Puerto Rico] because of the electoral votes u need to be re-elected #Florida=29 #Texas=38 #PuertoRico=0,” Gaga tweeted.
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/353241-lady-gaga-trump-not-helping-puerto-rico-because-of-the

I see on my Bloomberg feed that Trump just landed in Puerto Rico - everything is going to OK now.

Melania is even wearing boots instead of her foul-weather heels.

They'll be "winning" in no time.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

I see on my Bloomberg feed that Trump just landed in Puerto Rico ...

Damn!
Haven't those people suffered enough already.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Was there a shortage of drivers prior to the hurricane?
If there wasn't, what method of contact are those in charge using to contact drivers to request their assistance?

Some of the news stories I've seen report it is near impossible to reach the drivers. Apparently there are power distribution and cell tower issues. I doubt they can see the Facebook posts either.

Seems it's a bit of a challenge to coordinate efforts when infrastructure is missing.

Due to previous abuses of the aide provided, FEMA is a real bitch to deal with. I'm seeing this in FloriDUH as well, yet thankfully our building codes and infrastructure are a few notches up from the island.

Is Trump mentally retarded?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-helps-suffering-puerto-ricans-by-throwing-paper-towels-at-them_us_59d3db64e4b0218923e5b4f7

At first glance, I thought this was a SNL skit. No, it's actually the POTUS on a humanitarian mission.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Well 41/2 hours on the ground. Leaving one hour earlier than scheduled. Thats all it takes to get a handle on it. So that would be 8 hours in air farce one for 4.5 on the ground.

Good thing its "Trump to Puerto Rico: your hurricane isn’t a “real catastrophe” like Katrina"
https://www.vox.com/2017/10/3/16411488/trump-remarks-puerto-rico

Stumpy

***Is Trump mentally retarded?

I dislike that word.

However in Trump's case, the wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.

Come on now. The correct word is dotard.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Bob_Church

Iago, are the Teamsters on strike there? It's hard to get reliable info from the press.

Looks like some fake news from the usual suspects:

www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/oct/03/blog-posting/fake-news-posts-blame-puerto-ricos-truck-drivers-r/

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Iago

***Iago, I really apreciate all of the info.

Thanks

Bob

Now, the next crisis you're going to hear about, and it's not widely talked about yet:

Cash

Well its been discussed in the news quite a bit. Limits on ATM withdraws for the very few in San Juan that work. Limits on bank withdrawals. You need power and internet for the banking system to work.

Beyond that if you're not working. If your business isn't running. If you have no insurance or can't make a claim and get paid. You won't have any cash. Then what?

RMK

I see on my Bloomberg feed that Trump just landed in Puerto Rico - everything is going to OK now.

Melania is even wearing boots instead of her foul-weather heels.

They'll be "winning" in no time.

You guys love your false news

The response there has been as good as it can be.
That is the fact.....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>The response there has been as good as it can be.

That must be true. Trump said so.

Trump?

I don't know. I think I will listen to all the officials who are pleased how things are going. Except for one Democrat who thinks she can skip all the coordination meetings and still run for governor.

You all just keep your nose rings good and tight so your favorite media sources can lead you around.
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

***You guys love your false news

That is the fact.....

You know all the facts already???

All the facts?

No. Never claimed I did.

But I have seen the lying media narratives being debunked.

How about you? You got ALL the facts?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******You guys love your false news

That is the fact.....

You know all the facts already???

All the facts?

No. Never claimed I did.

Then how could you possibly know that it is a fact that the response has been as good as it could be?

To make that statement you must know not only everything that has actually happened in the response to the disaster but also everything that could have been done differently and what the consequences of those other possible actions would have been.

How could you possibly know all that with enough certainty to say that it is a fact that the response has been as good as it could be?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>I think I will listen to all the officials who are pleased how things are going.

"They need everything. Food, gas, medicine, volunteers, Wi-Fi service to contact their family members … they need all the basic necessities. We need organizations to come in and help right now. Things are pretty bad.” - Dr John Torres, emergency medical doctor in PR

"We still need some more help. This is clearly a critical disaster in Puerto Rico. It can’t be minimized and we can’t start overlooking us now that the storm passed, because the danger lurks. . . Let them know that we are committed U.S. citizens, that we are proud U.S. citizens, that we helped others when they were going through difficult times not more than 10 days ago and that now it’s the time to help Puerto Rico back." - Gov. Ricardo Rossello

“I have not received any kind of help . .I had to take a generator from our office of emergency management and give it to a family with a baby that needed oxygen." - Oscar Santiago, mayor of Vega Alta

But what do they know, eh? Trump said things are going great and everyone loves him, except that Puerto Rican bitch who dared criticize him.

Speaking of fake news, I'm honestly starting to wonder if Trump and Cruz aren't secretly married. They're a perfect couple. Trump has proven it with some of, ok most of, the stuff he's said and now Cruz taking the time to piss and moan over Trump tossing paper towels to people waiting in line.
Can any unmarried couple be that trivial about criticizing each other?

"It's a rumor and thoroughly debunked. I can't find anything on an AP news site, just these indie blogs. I don't really know who this Victor guy is, how much pull he has and if his organization is really the Teamsters or some fringe group. Gov and FEMA all deny this, etc etc etc."

Wow, it's really quite amazing.

It's kind of perfect for this sort of thing. You've got this pissed off guy jumping up and down but speaking another language so we have to depend on what we're told. And the best way of getting away with a lie is to make it something people already pretty much believe anyway. The only part that didn't sound right to me was the Teamsters involvement, but I thought "maybe it's just this one local."

I'd hold onto that note for copy and paste if I were you.