skinnay

Gun Violence: Whites vs. Islamic Terror

RonD1120

******And another shooting at a church in Fresno CA, two shot one fatal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/two-shot-one-fatally-outside-church-in-fresno/ar-AAutt2K?ocid=spartanntp

We carry our weapons to church.

Why? Matthew 18:20 says Omnipotent God is there for you. Does God need a gun?

You didn't read down far enough.

From #15 above: >We use spiritual weapons against the spiritual powers. We use physical weapons when faced with clear and present danger. <

Do you know the meaning of "omnipotent"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>We know we live in the end times where most of society is angry and afraid. They live with
>insane illusions of right and wrong. They act out mentally deranged solutions to non-existent
>problems.

Indeed. And the best evidence of that:

"if such an attack took place at our church the crossfire would be horrendous."

billvon

>We know we live in the end times where most of society is angry and afraid. They live with
>insane illusions of right and wrong. They act out mentally deranged solutions to non-existent
>problems.

Indeed. And the best evidence of that:

"if such an attack took place at our church the crossfire would be horrendous."

In your attempt at witticism, the above statement lacks real meaning. What exactly did you mean?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>What exactly did you mean?

That you are so angry and afraid that you are eagerly discussing the crossfire in your own church. You understand that you might kill your own neighbors, and that's acceptable to you, because end times. Rather than discussing how to avoid such a crossfire in the first place, you discuss how to "get on the floor immediately" to avoid the crossfire you so eagerly anticipate.

Planning for a large gun battle in your own church - a battle where you understand killing your own neighbors is a likely outcome - is a perfect example of a mentally deranged solution to a non-existent problem. It's an insane version of right and wrong. It would be the equivalent of smuggling explosives on every flight you board, so that if a terrorist takes over and aims the plane at the Pentagon (or even threatens to do that) you can blow it up before it reaches its target.

billvon

>What exactly did you mean?

That you are so angry and afraid that you are eagerly discussing the crossfire in your own church. You understand that you might kill your own neighbors, and that's acceptable to you, because end times. Rather than discussing how to avoid such a crossfire in the first place, you discuss how to "get on the floor immediately" to avoid the crossfire you so eagerly anticipate.

Planning for a large gun battle in your own church - a battle where you understand killing your own neighbors is a likely outcome - is a perfect example of a mentally deranged solution to a non-existent problem. It's an insane version of right and wrong. It would be the equivalent of smuggling explosives on every flight you board, so that if a terrorist takes over and aims the plane at the Pentagon (or even threatens to do that) you can blow it up before it reaches its target.

Well, basically we do not think like that. We are not angry and afraid. Your conjecture is not us. At least not in my church.

You have to consider the social environment we each live in. I really do not understand you people very well either.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>Well, basically we do not think like that.

You don't think there would be a crossfire, and that it would put people in your church at risk?

>You have to consider the social environment we each live in. I really do not
>understand you people very well either.

And what would "my people" be, exactly?

About the only thing I can think of to counter shooters who come into churches and starts spraying bullets, is to have a person trained in firearms on guard inside near the entrance, off to the side. Might have time to cut the gunman down before he gets even close to emptying his gun of bullets.

The Texas church gunman started shooting at the church from outside. If they had such a guard inside, he would have had time to prepare for the gunman coming into the church.

I'm surprised that there was nobody armed inside the church. This is Texas and it didn't take long for the neighbor to arrive armed.

There are many shooters that can shoot as good as the local cop. IMO most LE officers shoot enough to qualify on a annual basis. For them a sidearm is like a set of handcuffs, nothing more or less. Many shooters who shoot 2k-3k rounds a year can outshoot a local cop. Some avid shooters shoot that every month.

Its my understanding that Ron is ex-military. So I'd give him the benefit of the doubt to outshoot the average nutjob that buys a ar-15.

CNN reported that the Texas shooter sent his mother-in-law a threatening message that morning and it appears as if he expected her to be at the church.

nolhtairt

About the only thing I can think of to counter shooters who come into churches and starts spraying bullets, is to have a person trained in firearms on guard inside near the entrance, off to the side.

Which is a fucking ridiculous state of affairs.

Where do we live; the Middle East?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***About the only thing I can think of to counter shooters who come into churches and starts spraying bullets, is to have a person trained in firearms on guard inside near the entrance, off to the side.

I think America is becoming numb to these events. Sandy Hook is but a distant thought.

quade

***About the only thing I can think of to counter shooters who come into churches and starts spraying bullets, is to have a person trained in firearms on guard inside near the entrance, off to the side.

He just described what happened in Colorado Springs in 2007.

http://www.denverpost.com/2007/12/10/guards-hands-didnt-even-shake-as-she-shot-gunman/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

>Well, basically we do not think like that.

You don't think there would be a crossfire, and that it would put people in your church at risk?

>You have to consider the social environment we each live in. I really do not
>understand you people very well either.

And what would "my people" be, exactly?

I believe I stated the risk in my earlier post. Our CCW members are mostly ex-military or LEOs so the risk would be reduced. It is understood when bullets are flying there is risk.

It would be best for me not to engage your second question. Besides I've lost interest now and will check out.

normiss

Impressive culture where you have to carry weapons to worship.

When I lived in Massachusetts it was illegal to attend church without a loaded shotgun.

This statute was still on the books from when indigenous people were trying to rectify their initial error in failing to enforce immigration quotas. It seems they figured out that the one time that all the European immigrants were unarmed and in the same place was on Sunday mornings.

After being subject too such population control on a number of occasions, the powers that be in the Colony decreed that showing up unarmed to services was proscribed.

This may have been changed in the interim, but I am sure there is other centuries-old legislation still in place.

BSBD,

Winsor

quade

Ooooooookay then, let's hear YOUR idea of dealing with that kind of nutjob hellbent on killing and maiming anybody he sees. What are you gonna do? Probably cower on the floor and get shot anyway. :S

Support and enforcement of existing laws as well as a proper and complete background check.
All of which failed us in this recent incident.
Convicted, violent felons should be able to buy weapons, much less assault rifles, much less ammunition.

Holy crap, if you'll pardon the double meaning, you and your godly co-parishioners would cause a horrendous crossfire? Are you at all familiar with the meaning of the word?

Well, I guess we no longer need go to Northern Ireland to experience how the Christians love each other.