Blacksmith311

Harvey Weinstein long time Democrat donor acused of sexual harassment and assault

How one woman’s defamation suit could shine a light on Trump's sexual assault allegations
Her legal team is seeking documents on any woman who has accused Trump of inappropriate touching.
https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/10/17/16483946/summer-zervos-donald-trump-defamation-lawsuit-subpoena

Seems forgotten in all the hubbub of other harassment claims and admissions.

headoverheels

Why has the media suddenly turned against Weinstein?

I think that we can thank the take-down of Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, and Bill Cosby for leading the way. A trickle, then a stream, then a flood. More than 30 at this point.

I think there's also some anger spinning off from the fact that Trump is an accused and admitted sexual assaulter and half of the country didn't care and elected him President. That sets the stage for many people losing trust in the system and saying, "Never again."
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Let's not forget what Trump told Howard Stern:

“I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show and everyone’s getting dressed,”

“No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. … ‘Is everyone OK?' You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible-looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Former Miss New Hampshire Bridget Sullivan told BuzzFeed News in May that it was “shocking” Trump would come backstage to wish the contestants good luck when many of them weren’t dressed.

“The time that he walked through the dressing rooms was really shocking. We were all naked,” Sullivan said.

www.cnn.com/2016/10/08/politics/trump-on-howard-stern/index.html

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>I am amused at the negative reaction by the LGBTQ minority to Kevin Spacey's
>statement that he is choosing to live a gay lifestyle now.

That's not why they had a negative reaction. They had a negative reaction because his "coming out" was also an admission that he had sexually assaulted someone else - and they thought that was a bad way to come out.

In LGBT circles, coming out is no problem. Assault is.

kallend

Let's not forget what Trump told Howard Stern:

“I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show and everyone’s getting dressed,”

“No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. … ‘Is everyone OK?' You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible-looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Former Miss New Hampshire Bridget Sullivan told BuzzFeed News in May that it was “shocking” Trump would come backstage to wish the contestants good luck when many of them weren’t dressed.

“The time that he walked through the dressing rooms was really shocking. We were all naked,” Sullivan said.

www.cnn.com/2016/10/08/politics/trump-on-howard-stern/index.html

That statement and the one "Trump then said: "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it, you can do anything... grab them by the pussy."

Accurately frame trumps personality towards women. Wife #1- 17 years younger, #3-24 years younger. Voyeurism at
"BuzzFeed reports that four women who competed in the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant have stated that Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump entered their dressing room while they were getting dressed. Some of the contestants were as young as 15 years old."
http://www.wionews.com/world/teen-beauty-contestants-say-donald-trump-walked-into-their-dressing-room-while-changing-7421

So leering at naked children by a 70 year old man who also used it as an attempt to:
"A Timeline of Donald Trump's Creepiness While He Owned Miss Universe
From walking into a teen dressing room to joking about his obligation to sleep with contestants, Trump's a storied pageant creep
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/timeline-of-trumps-creepiness-while-he-owned-miss-universe-w444634

Lawndarter

***I am amused at the negative reaction by the LGBTQ minority to Kevin Spacey's statement that he is choosing to live a gay lifestyle now. It contradicts their "born that way" ideology.

Except no one said that.

Shocking. Do you mean that Ron is bearing false witness? Again?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

I am amused at the negative reaction by the LGBTQ minority to Kevin Spacey's statement that he is choosing to live a gay lifestyle now. It contradicts their "born that way" ideology.

As far as I’ve seen, that’s not what the negative reaction is about. The negative reaction concerns the timing, not the statement itself.

But I’m you you’d rather see it in a way the fits your ideology
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

MikeJD

I'm almost certain that Spacey would prefer not to have outed himself, and his statement was very carefully worded to save face and to try to provide a plausible reason for the timing of his doing so.

To be honest the thing that surprised me was that he wasn’t publically ‘out’ already. Did anyone think he was straight?

IOW Hollywood sex scandals are primarily an attempt to distract us from shenanigans in the White House.

To cover my own butt ...... a scary concept given some of the sexual miss-deeds ..... I originally asked why rumours about "casting couches" have been ignored until now.

As for Kevin Spacey .... traditionally powerful men (Alexander the Great, JFK, etc.) have been able to f**k anyone they wanted to .... as long as they did not produce too many illegitimate children.
I suspect that LBTQ are upset that Spacey admitted to pedophelia. Most LGBTQ try to distance themselves from man-boy-love because that is considered the worst form of sexual deviance and gives the general public an excuse to hate gays.
Truth is, the majority of LGBTQ are only interested in consenting adults.
Child molestation is more closely related to straight males' fear of being gang-raped in prison.

To be honest the thing that surprised me was that he wasn’t publically ‘out’ already. Did anyone think he was straight?

I certainly hoped so in the late 90's :$;)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

I didn't make it up. I heard it on news talk radio.

I'm not sure God accepts excuses like that. You are sounding like a lawyer now. Plausible deniability? Just remember, the heavenly Father can see the content of your heart. Obfuscation will not fool him.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Because fossil fuels give you righteous light.

"But also from the standpoint of sexual assault. When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will on those types of acts.”

Thank God they don't have that demon power from renewables that would shine pure evil on such acts!

I also think the preceding line is funny:

"One of the reasons that electricity is so important to me is not only because I'm not going to have to try and read by the light of a fire and have those fumes literally kill people."

Right! The solution is to get coal power plants in, to generate those fumes that literally kill people on a much larger scale. But they're probably poorer if they are living near the power plant, so that's OK.

jakee

***I am amused at the negative reaction by the LGBTQ minority to Kevin Spacey's statement that he is choosing to live a gay lifestyle now. It contradicts their "born that way" ideology.

As far as I’ve seen, that’s not what the negative reaction is about. The negative reaction concerns the timing, not the statement itself.

Ya, because that's the real offense here! Let's make a big deal about his bad timing, while the sexual assault of a 14 year-old sits on the back burner.

I understand that nobody likes their groups or lifestyles being portrayed in a negative light, but by entertaining this idea, they've essentially played right into Underwood's attempt at deflection.

riggerrob

IOW Hollywood sex scandals are primarily an attempt to distract us from shenanigans in the White House.

Nonsense. As if two notable, liberal journalists broke the story and then published it in the left leaning New York Times just to distract all of us from Trump?

The fact is that Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey investigated the Weinstein story for about 4 months as part of a commitment by the NYT to expose sexual harassment this year.

Good interview with Jodi Kantor:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/interrogation/2017/10/jodi_kantor_on_how_she_broke_the_harvey_weinstein_story.html

riggerrob

As for Kevin Spacey ....

His story broke by the hands of the liberal media as well, and was initially overshadowed by the "shenanigans in the White House," not the other way around.

riggerrob

Spacey admitted to pedophelia.

I didn't hear him specifically admit to pedophilia, but even if his actions resulted in sex with the 14 year old victim, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a pedophile. Not all pedophiles molest children, and not all child molesters are pedophiles.

riggerrob

Child molestation is more closely related to straight males' fear of being gang-raped in prison.

W. . .TF?

CaseyHeart

******I am amused at the negative reaction by the LGBTQ minority to Kevin Spacey's statement that he is choosing to live a gay lifestyle now. It contradicts their "born that way" ideology.

Ya, because that's the real offense here! Let's make a big deal about his bad timing, while the sexual assault of a 14 year-old sits on the back burner.

Lol, careful you don't pull a muscle with that stretch. There's no doubt what the big deal is. His show wasn't cancelled because he said he was gay.